PDA

View Full Version : AERO Strike vs Drive Z Tour

racquet
07-17-2009, 01:42 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm an intermediate player and looking for a new racquet. Previously I was using a really old Dunlop. (It was like 306gr with strings, head size:100in) Now it's time for a change! There are two options from Babolat that seem really nice so far: Aero Strike and Drive Z Tour. Any recommendations?

One thing concerns me about Drive Z Tour is its weight:305 with strings. I'm not a very strong player in terms of arms. Aero Strike is 10gr lighter but does it really makes a difference for me at this point?

Thanks for the responses.

KuanMaster
07-17-2009, 08:39 AM
did you think your old dunlop was heavy?

racquet
07-17-2009, 10:57 AM
I said heavy considering I was a beginner and not physically strong (as a woman). I am not sure it makes any difference now. May be I should continue with the same weight...

Carefree
07-19-2009, 12:26 PM
I was actually trying to figure this out myself.

Right now I am demoing the Aero Strike and the Wilson K6.2 (which is very similar to the Drive Z tour - 285g unstrung and more head light than the Sero Strike).

Personally I like the pop that the Aero Strike gives. It's 10 g lighter, but because it's more head heavy (it's still head light though) it gives a similar swing weight.

I would say that the Drive-Z tour would be a bit better around the net, while the Aero Strike is better along the baseline because of the power and spin.

to be honest though, the difference is really only a matter of feel and preference.

I'm just a beginner so I'm trying out as many rackets as I can in order to get a feel for differences.

You should demo them both and see what you're more comfortable with.

racquet
07-20-2009, 02:05 AM
I bought Drive Z Tour and tried it for two days. First of all, after my old racket, the feeling was so good and strong (at first, balls were always at the net at forehand but I corrected that after a while). But after the first play my arm was really tired.

But the second day play was great and no problem with my arm. I think I am getting used to and lovin it.