PDA

View Full Version : adding lead to ag300

overgrip
07-17-2009, 10:23 AM
I recently began using a dunlop 300 aerogel, strung with head rip control. It's a bit lighter than my previous stick (an old babolat) and it's not as head light as i would like. I am looking for suggestions from you customizers out there to add about 1 ounce overall while making it a little lighter in the head, using lead tape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

N-serve
07-17-2009, 12:55 PM
I just customized my M-Fil 300 this week. My goal was to bring the swingweight up and still be more head light. This is what I did and really like the results.
23g in the handle I used silicone, 6g of lead tape at 3&9 and 6g at 12.

Original Specs:
Strung Weight: 10.9oz / 309g
Balance: 3pts Head Light
Swingweight: 317

Modified Specs:
Strung Weight: 12.2oz / 344.8g
Balance: 4.4pts Head Light
Swingweight: 356

overgrip
07-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Nserve
I'm of course familiar with lead tape, and have used it, but you refer to silicone. What exactly do you do with it, what form is it, and what is its purpose. I'd like to keep the process simple, but if silicone is worth using, I would look into it. thanks

shell
07-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Nserve
I'm of course familiar with lead tape, and have used it, but you refer to silicone. What exactly do you do with it, what form is it, and what is its purpose. I'd like to keep the process simple, but if silicone is worth using, I would look into it. thanks

practice with lead, silicone is not reversible. You better like what you do with it because there is no getting that stuff out.

N-serve
07-23-2009, 08:41 AM
practice with lead, silicone is not reversible. You better like what you do with it because there is no getting that stuff out.

Shell is right it would be a mess to try to undo but not impossible. What I did was popped out the trap door on the handle. Stuck some cotton up each side of the handle, about an inch and a half from butt. Pulled out my caulk gun and filled the gap(between cotton and butt cap). Then I used lead to get it to the balance I wanted.