PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Connors and other Oldies

Ash Doyle
03-29-2005, 06:59 AM
Is Connors still playing any senior events or exihibitions? If so, what racquet is he using now?

I remember seeing an exhibition match on The Tennis Channel with Rod Laver where he was using a Babolat Pure Drive. What racquets are other champions of yesteryear using?

martin
03-29-2005, 07:24 AM
Connors only plays golf these days.

Jonnyf
03-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Connors doesn't play on the Delta tour. The conclusion is in the Royal Albert Hall. Two years ago i saw McEnroe v. Forget and last year i saw Courier v. Muster and it was brilliant. the Delta tour website is available through the atp's main website (www.atptennis.com). I am sure that Connors doesn't however there are romours that Sampras may join the Delta and sorry if i haven't helped

Ash Doyle
03-29-2005, 12:22 PM
The most entertaining events I saw on The Tennis Channel this past year were the Delta tour tournaments. I love watching those older guys play.

Jonnyf
03-29-2005, 12:26 PM
I have never been to an atp event (and am considering Queens club as my first) and i dont think they are the best matches overall but in 2004 i was three rows from the front and spoke to courier, muster , Bates and last year McEnroe said Hello to me and although it seems not big i did think that it was soooo cool