PDA

View Full Version : The "Pop" sound

Molopo
07-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Some rackets that I've played with make a great "pop" when I hit with them, and some just make a muffled "thud". What exactly causes some to make that sound and others not to? I just recently strung up my racket with some luxilon BB alu, and it just made dull "thud" sounds, but after putting some babolat vs gut in it, I get a fantastic "pop" and it feels like my shots are just better (whether this is an effect of the sound or the string remains a question.) Was the poly just not as good because I didn't generate enough headspeed for it? Is the "pop" sound a good indicator of whether you're hitting a shot well or if a racket is particularly well suited for you? It's just something I've been wondering about a lot lately.

mlp
07-17-2009, 11:31 PM
I just love that sound! I have a speedport black strung with synthetic gut and it made a "ping" sound. I added a rubber band dampener and it makes a "pop" sound now =)

Dark_Angel85
07-18-2009, 06:54 AM
Funny... everytime Sharapova hits, it sounds more like... "WAHHHH!"

hhehehehe

well... different strings and different setups will of course alter the feel of the racquet playing effects.

just have to find one that suits you the best.