PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex vs. non-cortex

drgreenthumb
07-17-2009, 08:25 PM
When I tried to demo the cortex version of the APD just when it came out ~2 yrs ago, I immediately returned after playing just an hour. I didnt buy the cortex and personaly thought it was a nice marketing ploy.

Now that I am planning to add more spare rackets (and replace the worst condition non-cortex apd), i noticed the **** sellers are really trying to sell this supposedly older technology as if they were brand new or even higher than their original retail price!

Are these sellers just plain greedy or these rackets (non-cortex apd) are just great?

p.s. yes Im aware nadal is still playing with the non-cortex version.

USERNAME
07-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Alot of players i kno dont notice much of a differance other then the sound at contact, the APD is a little more high pitched then the APDC. Other then that they r the same.

ps the reason a few people i kno didnt switch to the APDC is simply because they hated the newer pj...

Federer4life
07-18-2009, 05:14 AM
Its hard to say why people think they can get over retail price for the APD

Winners or Errors
07-18-2009, 05:49 AM
Do you mean this racquet? http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCBAB-BAPD.html

They're in stock at TW, though I think only in size 5 grip.

drgreenthumb
07-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Do you mean this racquet? http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCBAB-BAPD.html

They're in stock at TW, though I think only in size 5 grip.

yes, those are what im looking for. id love to buy 2 of those but in 4 1/4 or no more 3/8 size.

ipitythefool
07-18-2009, 12:14 PM
I have both APDC and APD. First bought the APDC, played with it for 6 months, then found an APD and purchased it. I immediately noticed the difference. They are NOT the same racquets, and it is not about high pitch low pitch sound of the racqs lol. The balances are entirely different!!!

Regardless of what TW specs say, I tried them real world in my hands. APD is more head-light, APDC feels heavier in the head.

penguyen17
07-18-2009, 01:32 PM
I have both versions, and i personally think that there is barely any difference between the two. ipitythefool says that "the balances are entirely different" but that's just probably quality control on Babolat's part, because all three of my APDCs have slightly off balances that i had to fix with lead tape. The same applies for my APD.

Neoz
07-22-2009, 01:01 AM
I have both the APD and APDC as well, but i agreed with ipitythefool.

But i guess the cortex works for me.