View Full Version : new racket helps please

rice&tennis
07-17-2009, 08:35 PM
hi, i'm deciding between like 4 rackets
Head Microgel Rad Mp
Rad Pro
Prestige MP
Prestige Pro

which of those 4 do you think will be good?
I'm not the best tennis player so a less "demanding" or easier to use racket would be nice, bigger sweetspot, STABLE(<<<< i really like stable rackets without twisting when handling volleys), enough power to put shots away, with good feel for touch shots, and overall good all court.

ME
mild topspin forehand
flat/topspin/slice 1hb ( i use all 3)
slice serve for 1st and 2nd ( yes i hit slice on both, i'm wierd like that)
decent volley
all court
5'5" 110lbs and not very buff ( so a racket that i can use without getting to tired )

and if you can compare them in aspects such as spin/control/power etc

i'm also planning on stringing it with lux or PH

rice&tennis
07-18-2009, 05:43 PM
anyone please?

tribunal4555
07-18-2009, 06:00 PM
If you want a good all-court frame, not very demanding to use, stable, big sweetspot, comfortable, good feel, and decent pop, I'd recommend a Donnay Pro One Oversize. The 107 sq. in head provides great pop when you need it, a plush feel, huge sweetspot, and -best of all- is a control-oriented oversize, meaning you can still place your shots! No, wait- best of all is that it's a steal at $99.95!

pmerk34
07-18-2009, 06:05 PM
hi, i'm deciding between like 4 rackets
Head Microgel Rad Mp
Rad Pro
Prestige MP
Prestige Pro

which of those 4 do you think will be good?
I'm not the best tennis player so a less "demanding" or easier to use racket would be nice, bigger sweetspot, STABLE(<<<< i really like stable rackets without twisting when handling volleys), enough power to put shots away, with good feel for touch shots, and overall good all court.

ME
mild topspin forehand
flat/topspin/slice 1hb ( i use all 3)
slice serve for 1st and 2nd ( yes i hit slice on both, i'm wierd like that)
decent volley
all court
5'5" 110lbs and not very buff ( so a racket that i can use without getting to tired )

and if you can compare them in aspects such as spin/control/power etc

i'm also planning on stringing it with lux or PH

Radical Pro.

tribunal4555
07-18-2009, 06:16 PM
I agree that the Radical Pro is a great all-court frame, but I would hardly describe it as less demanding and large sweetspot. Hence my earlier recommendation.

DownTheLine
07-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Just demo all of them and decide after that.

pmerk34
07-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I agree that the Radical Pro is a great all-court frame, but I would hardly describe it as less demanding and large sweetspot. Hence my earlier recommendation.

I must be better than I think I am then, LOL.

rice&tennis
07-18-2009, 08:13 PM
theres no donnay rackets here where i live :/ ... and i cant really demo since i have summer school and the class is very demanding, hence i dont have time

so radical pro? but i used to have a te issue.. so i was kinda leaning towards the rad mp...

btw i'm a 3.0-3.5

rice&tennis
07-18-2009, 08:14 PM

how about the mp version? i've heard that its a pretty easy to use racket

rice&tennis
07-18-2009, 08:39 PM
i just looked at the tw review on the rad pro and its kinda interesting, can you ppl tell me more about it? lols.

btw i'm looking for a racket that has a "rough feel". i dunno how to explain it, its like i get vibration from the ball and i can definitly feel the ball on the racket face. not a racket that is "muted" or has the feeling of a vib damp on it that kills the feel <<< kinda confusing sorry :/

rice&tennis
07-19-2009, 06:01 PM
omg anyone? i've think i got it narrowed down the the 2 rads ===> mp or pro

anyone D:

pmerk34
07-19-2009, 06:05 PM
omg anyone? i've think i got it narrowed down the the 2 rads ===> mp or pro

anyone D:

The MP is lighter. The pro has a lot of feel and the spin it can generate is awesome. The MicroGel provides feedback when you hit hit the sweetspot. Definitely not muted.

Stay away from the Prestige's until you get to 4.0+ and can generate some of your own power.

As for Donnay they only have two frames I believe and only through TW.

doublefaulted
07-20-2009, 10:08 AM
probably shud stick with the mp, the pro feels a lot heavier to me

raffi!
07-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Also, if you've had TE issues then you should probably avoid an overload of vibration. Because, you know, that's sort of how one gets chronic TE.

rice&tennis
07-20-2009, 06:01 PM

can you expand on that please?

rice&tennis
07-21-2009, 05:29 PM
sorry for bring back this thread, but how is arm friendly ness on the rad pro? and can someone give me some more comparison between the rad pro and rad mp?

thanks