PDA

View Full Version : Random thread about racket switching

AlpineCadet
07-17-2009, 11:49 PM
If you're tired of all the months of searching for that one "holy grail" and you're entirely sick of the sight of your frame collection, please post here. I've been searching for that one stick that'll give me enough confidence in everything, but I'm finally realizing that the ultimate frame for me is what I'm grooved into and comfortable with. Here's to all of us who fit into this category. The search ends when you're ready to commit your strokes/game to that one frame. Talk to you later..

tribunal4555
07-18-2009, 05:08 AM
I'm in this. Gone through about seven or eight frames in the past three weeks- hopefully the Bancroft Borgs will be my holy grail...

neverstopplaying
07-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately sometimes the racquet orders/trades come in faster than i can try them out. Right now I've got 4 that I haven't touched yet. I've definitely played 20+ different racquets in the last year, and I always feel that I'm close to getting the perfect one.

No more new racquets - at least for a while.

PimpMyGame
07-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Since the end of last year when I got my AG300 16x19s I have tried the following rackets:

Dunlop 200G Muscle Weave (already owned, retried) - lovely feel but couldn't generate enough spin with the 18x20 pattern.

Dunlop TP95 Muscle Weave (already owned, retried) - everything felt wrong, although I desperately wanted to like it.

Wilson nBlade 98 (already owned, retried) - too light and balance not HL enough. Very flexy without that nice, solid, classic feel.

Donnay Pro-One SuperMid Limited Edition - lovely feel again but headsize just too small and lacked pop.

Wilson PS 6.1 Classic - again a lovely feeling racket, but although I have played with it only once I thought my arm was going to fall off.

I have tried a few set ups with my AG300 and have settled on 340g static weight made up by leather grip, some weight in the trap door, overgrip and lead a little higher than 10 and 2.

I'm done with trying frames, the AG300 with some weight is the best fit when it comes down to enjoying my tennis and being competitive. I have now started stringing and am having much more fun trying different string combinations.

Elwood
07-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I know I am a new player. But I have gone through several sticks. (A bad thing to get started when learning I have learned) But the stick that has power and control for me is the Bard Fire Power. Mine is to big in the grip and I haven't found another one. It beats any new racket I have used.