PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying type of player?

Knightmace
07-18-2009, 12:33 AM
For me one time it's this guy who every time I hit a good winner or a good volley he looks at me angrily and just shouts out fluke every single time and just frowns. And during changeovers he says to me your not good at all your just fluke. Whenever he passed me the ball he smacks it way out of my direction.

I beat him 6-0,6-1:twisted:

prattle128
07-18-2009, 12:42 AM

atta boy!!

fattsoo
07-18-2009, 12:48 AM
For me one time it's this guy who every time I hit a good winner or a good volley he looks at me angrily and just shouts out fluke every single time and just frowns. And during changeovers he says to me your not good at all your just fluke. Whenever he passed me the ball he smacks it way out of my direction.

SEE, IT IS FLUKE...U LOST A GAME TO HIM...lol...great job on winning :)

federer_15
07-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Gd job, obviously he can't face losing...

You can tell the umpire when he starts wacking balls at you..

Knightmace
07-18-2009, 12:49 AM
^^Thanks :D

wbu?

Knightmace
07-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Gd job, obviously he can't face losing...

You can tell the umpire when he starts wacking balls at you..
We umpired for ourselves

firstblud
07-18-2009, 06:32 PM
wow i never heard of a poor sport like that in tennis... is this common?

pvaudio
07-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I honestly would have been DQed because I would have ended up in a fistfight. I am all for an opponent breaking down, and MIGHT handle **** talking. Actually becoming belligerent, however, would have been the end of it.

Either way, the most annoying type of player is the types I used to struggle with: the older 3.5-4.0 types who just have huge racquets and smack the ball with wristy shots. They're so boring, can't move around the court, and have such terrible form that you feel that they're below you. Unfortunately, when they're beating you because they have no pace and you don't have the consistency to beat them, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Ballsboy
07-18-2009, 06:53 PM
For me, the most annoying type of player is a 11 year old friend of mine who whines during the whole match saying every winner or shot to the lines that I hit (we play in a clay court and the ball bounces weird when it hits them) is pure luck. What's even worse is that in EVERY point he wins, he shouts c'mon, either if he hit the best winner of the match or if I screwed up the point in the worst way you can think of right now. Also, he throws his racquet whenever he loses, say, 3 games in a row. One day, at the end of a match, he told me to PAY HIM A NEW RACQUET because it was me who made him throw it?! Besides, he yells at me that he can't lose against me because I'm 15 and I lose every match.

Note that I've played for 3 years and 10 months and he's played for 5 years.

dennis10is
07-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Players that you rather not hang around with are the know it alls who can't resist "helping" you with your strokes.

Players who cheat or conduct themselves in an unsportmanlike manner are not somebody I want to play with, if I can help it.

As for the type of game a player has, there is no style that should be "annoying" to anyone.

The style I most fear is the fit, fast, steady player who can hit the ball to a spot. It doesn't matter how hard or heavy the ball is but anyone who can take whatever you throw at them and place it where they want to, time and time again is a tough, tough opponent.

pvaudio
07-18-2009, 07:05 PM
For me, the most annoying type of player is a 11 year old friend of mine who whines during the whole match saying every winner or shot to the lines that I hit (we play in a clay court and the ball bounces weird when it hits them) is pure luck. What's even worse is that in EVERY point he wins, he shouts c'mon, either if he hit the best winner of the match or if I screwed up the point in the worst way you can think of right now. Also, he throws his racquet whenever he loses, say, 3 games in a row. One day, at the end of a match, he told me to PAY HIM A NEW RACQUET because it was me who made him throw it?! Besides, he yells at me that he can't lose against me because I'm 15 and I lose every match.

Note that I've played for 3 years and 10 months and he's played for 5 years.
Well frankly, if you're 15, then why the hell are you hanging out with 5th graders? Do you not know anyone your own age that plays? You're probably what, a sophomore in high school and he's going into 6th grade? There's your problem, he's nowhere near your maturity level.

pvaudio
07-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Players that you rather not hang around with are the know it alls who can't resist "helping" you with your strokes.

Players who cheat or conduct themselves in an unsportmanlike manner are not somebody I want to play with, if I can help it.

As for the type of game a player has, there is no style that should be "annoying" to anyone.

The style I most fear is the fit, fast, steady player who can hit the ball to a spot. It doesn't matter how hard or heavy the ball is but anyone who can take whatever you throw at them and place it where they want to, time and time again is a tough, tough opponent.
Oh my goodness, don't get me started on number 1. Even when you hit a winner it's always "if you turned your body a bit more, you could have hit a sharper angle, watch how I do it". I refuse to play against these people.

Mick
07-18-2009, 08:14 PM
i play a lot of doubles and my doubles partner is a woman, and i hate how some of the men's doubles teams would direct all the ball to her and then celebrate whenever they win a point. come on, it's not like you have won a point against serena williams :shock:

Steady Eddy
07-18-2009, 08:20 PM
The style I most fear is the fit, fast, steady player who can hit the ball to a spot. It doesn't matter how hard or heavy the ball is but anyone who can take whatever you throw at them and place it where they want to, time and time again is a tough, tough opponent.That's exactly who I fear. It's not how hard they chose to hit the ball, it's can they control the ball? That's what tennis is about.

Gaudio2004
07-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Counter-punchers can be tough, tough opponents, I have to really dig into beat a really good counter-puncher.

EtePras
07-18-2009, 08:39 PM
People with very powerful strokes who crush me with over 9000 winners from both sides...

just kidding, players like that either don't exist or don't win enough to be anywhere close to "annoying".

Toxicmilk
07-18-2009, 11:57 PM
Does the player's mother/father count?

mzshot
07-19-2009, 12:08 AM
People who judge everyone else on their strokes even though he "dinks" the balls in. No pace, all flat floaters.

10nistennis
07-19-2009, 09:43 AM
1. The players who blame themselves everytime you hit a great winner, and there was no chance for them to do anything about it, but yet they "claim" that they should have "ran" a bit faster or something of the like.

2. Tough, experienced counter punchers.

3. Moonballers. Pushers I can beat fairly easy, but moonballers are a pain.