PDA

View Full Version : Other player was cheating my teammate!

THESEXPISTOL
07-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Today i was on a national ranked tournament. The guy that was playing against my teammate cheated 4 points where the ball landed flat on the lateral lines. The 100% of the ball was hitting in the line. This happened 4 times at least. Other ones i gave him the benefit of doubt but this ones were scandalous. In the end of the match i telled my mate. I didn't want to raise waves soo i stayed quiet.
Could i've done something more?

Jonny S&V
07-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Today i was on a national ranked tournament. The guy that was playing against my teammate cheated 4 points where the ball landed flat on the lateral lines. The 100% of the ball was hitting in the line. This happened 4 times at least. Other ones i gave him the benefit of doubt but this ones were scandalous. In the end of the match i telled my mate. I didn't want to raise waves soo i stayed quiet.
Could i've done something more?

You could've just let a roaming official know and see if they can't take a closer look... But that's in the USTA tourneys, IDK what would be the case in Portugal...

SoCal10s
07-18-2009, 02:33 PM
yes,you could have applauded and said good shot and let your team mate know it without directly talking to him/her, which is not allowed .. after a few of those claps and "good shot" comments by you,that cheating b!tch will get the general idea and so will your team mate and maybe wake him/her up to get an umpire..

THESEXPISTOL
07-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Here in Portugal in these level of tournaments we only have one that's called the Judge Umpire. I don't know the precise term in english. My teammate has a vision problem and he can't see very well. If it was me i would see it from my side of the court.

The coach of the cheater was sitted right next to me and he saw what happened just like me and he didn't looked very pleased with that. :)

SoCal10s
07-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Portugal clay? clay leaves a mark,if you're that level you've gotta know how to handle these things..

Moz
07-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Lot of that going on in Britain.

I'm glad I'm not a tennis parent. I would drag my kid off if he was cheating like that.

You can always pray for karma but most of the times cheats prosper unfortunately.

THESEXPISTOL
07-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Portugal clay? clay leaves a mark,if you're that level you've gotta know how to handle these things..

Yes, Portugal is mainly clay. But this one was on Hardcourt.
I already went to several tournaments but never saw one guy with the intention of cheating.
Usually i don't got these problems because if i have the doubt i don't call it out.