PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my serve please

rodick77
07-19-2009, 01:50 PM
I will be trying to add a video as soon as I can. Here is some back ground on me. I have been playing the past 3 years for my high school team. Never really had a coach and my parents can't afford one. I have a good first serve(when it goes in) and my 2nd serve I can only hit a dink in consistently right now it is very frustrating. I need any tips I am hitting most of my serves long almost every time. I am only trying to hit a topspin serve right now because of the research I have done and see that is is the most consistent serve. I can only hit 50% of my topspin serves so it really doesn't work as a 2nd server right now. Anyone have any tips to help me out season starts in 2 weeks and my serve is falling apart.

SethIMcClaine
07-19-2009, 02:11 PM
1) check out fuzzyyellowballs.com for serving tutorials
2) remeber to keep a loose grip
3) make sure your toss is consistant
4) remeber on your topsin serves the toss is supposed to drop a little farther than other serves before contact with the racquet
5) grab a ball hopper and go out and hit for an hour a day/when ever you can

plowmanjoe
07-19-2009, 02:16 PM
you need to double check if you actually are hitting a kick serve. a lot of people have trouble learning a kick serve especial if they already know how to slice.

just hit against someone that's knowledgeable. or maybe post a video.

rodick77
07-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Yeah I have watched the fuzzy yellowballs videos. They don't really seem to be helping. Have watched them multiple times. Just not sure I get what I am doing wrong really need to get the video on here.