PDA

View Full Version : Geoff and BounceHit's Excellent Tennis Adventure

BounceHitBounceHit
07-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Today we kicked off a week long tennis and beach (note the order of the two!) vacation with our families. As I sit and type now I look out on the beautiful ocean and smell the incredible salt air. I am only slightly sore, a remarkable thing considering the two and a half hours we spent on slow clay this morning running each other into the ground!

So far we have popped one frame each (maybe between the two of us we can keep up with Jo11y's pace whilst using Kevlar!) The damp clay made for ultral slow conditions, especially earlier in the day. Geoff was moving incredibly well as usual, and it took all that I had to keep pace with his very consistent, high level of play.

All week long look for updates: frames swung, strings popped, winners hit, errors made, and most importantly, fun had!

BHBH

shell
07-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Don't forget to include "favorite cocktails" - after all, it is vacation at the beach. :) You guys sound like you are having a great tennis vacation. I am jealous, as I will be sitting in the office reading your updates :evil:

aimr75
07-19-2009, 06:48 PM
I am jealous, as I will be sitting in the office reading your updates :evil:

this is me + in the middle of winter right now too :cry:

drakulie
07-19-2009, 06:53 PM
awwwww. Wish I was there guys!!! Have fun, and drink a cold one for me!!!

Spent a sunny south florida day stringing racquets. As I was getting ready to go reserve a court, I was bombarded with frames!! 10 frames in all. :shock: Anyway, my dog loved it. I decided to string the frames outside next to courtside! So, Bailey, was able hanging out in the yard having fun under the sun. :)

Anyway, got a hit scheduled for tomorrow with a former satellite player!! Can't wait!

BounceHitBounceHit
07-19-2009, 06:59 PM

Spent a sunny south florida day stringing racquets. As I was getting ready to go reserve a court, I was bombarded with frames!! 10 frames in all. :shock: Anyway, my dog loved it. I decided to string the frames outside next to courtside! So, Bailey, was able hanging out in the yard having fun under the sun. :)

Anyway, got a hit scheduled for tomorrow with a former satellite player!! Can't wait!

Indeed we shall! Update us on your hit as well. As you know, hilting with Geoff is very much like hitting with a Satellite player.;) BHBH

bad_call
07-19-2009, 07:42 PM
how's the surf? don't be afraid to give it a try if u haven't before. nice way to cool down from the courts before slogging down the drinks.

spent a few hours in the hot garage replacing some ceiling drywall today.

zapvor
07-20-2009, 09:38 AM

i didnt know you worked at a club drakulie

Geoff
07-20-2009, 12:45 PM

We could use an established stringer like yourself to keep up with the almost Jolly like string breaking. Luckily the conditions are slow and I can keep up with BHBH's pace and spin. Drak, your tennis skills would be well utilized to take the physical stress off of our one-on-one practice sessions. I for one hope to last the week!

BounceHitBounceHit
07-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Don't forget to include "favorite cocktails" - after all, it is vacation at the beach. :) You guys sound like you are having a great tennis vacation. I am jealous, as I will be sitting in the office reading your updates :evil:

We are indeed having a great trip. Unfortunately we can't offer any insights regarding cocktails since neither of us drink alcohol. Another form of 'sameness' I suppose! I CAN tell you that G2 is quite tasty-I tried it for the first time on this very trip!

Today, our second day on the court, we were challenged by a father/son team on the court next door to a doubles match. The son plays DII and dad looks solid as well. Geoff and I are already scheming. I think the basic strategy will be 'Hit to Dad!!'. ;) :twisted:

Keep those cards and letters coming.

BHBH

SlapShot
07-20-2009, 12:56 PM
So, Dr. BHBH, when are you planning a "vacay" to the wonderful world of MN? I'll have a few Volkl frames for you to give a rip when you make it up here.

Sounds like a fun trip. I long for a tennis vacation including clay court tennis. My knees do, as well. ;)

Topaz
07-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Tennis and the beach...two of my favorite things! :)

Drak, have you taught Bailey to pre-stretch the gut yet?

BounceHitBounceHit
07-20-2009, 05:10 PM
So, Dr. BHBH, when are you planning a "vacay" to the wonderful world of MN? I'll have a few Volkl frames for you to give a rip when you make it up here.

Sounds like a fun trip. I long for a tennis vacation including clay court tennis. My knees do, as well. ;)

I am currently scheduled to return to Minneapolis in early September. I hope you, Tony, and I will be able to hit again. Best, BHBH

BounceHitBounceHit
07-20-2009, 05:10 PM

You mean Bailey can't string yet? ;) BHBH

shell
07-20-2009, 06:28 PM
We are indeed having a great trip. Unfortunately we can't offer any insights regarding cocktails since neither of us drink alcohol. Another form of 'sameness' I suppose! I CAN tell you that G2 is quite tasty-I tried it for the first time on this very trip!

Today, our second day on the court, we were challenged by a father/son team on the court next door to a doubles match. The son plays DII and dad looks solid as well. Geoff and I are already scheming. I think the basic strategy will be 'Hit to Dad!!'. ;) :twisted:

Keep those cards and letters coming.

BHBH

Well, G2 it is then :)

Wear your TW T-shirts to the match and tell them you are sponsored. That will psych them out enough to give you a couple of extra games. Good luck, and have fun. And, of course, keep us posted on the results!

drakulie
07-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Indeed we shall! Update us on your hit as well. As you know, hilting with Geoff is very much like hitting with a Satellite player.BHBH

Great hit today with the ex satellite player. Drilled for about an hour and a half, then played 5 tie breaks. I actually took a tie break off him. Had to play absolutely perfect tennis, and he did not play it too well. I don't care. It was a great confidence booster. :)

Good luck with the father/son team tomorrow. I'm sure they are probably "scheming" about you guys, and wondering where the heck do they hit the ball. With either one of you guys, it's a double edged sword.

i didnt know you worked at a club drakulie

I don't. I live at a tennis club, so I have my own little stringing business there. I strung this particular day outside my balcony next to 3 courts.

We could use an established stringer like yourself to keep up with the almost Jolly like string breaking. Luckily the conditions are slow and I can keep up with BHBH's pace and spin. Drak, your tennis skills would be well utilized to take the physical stress off of our one-on-one practice sessions. I for one hope to last the week!

believe me, I wish I was there>>>> even if it was stringing for you two. Would be a great pleasure watching you guys hit, and drinking a few Carlsberg. BTW, had a long conversation with Tim Strawn (GSS Synposium) today. Nice guy. When you are done with your vacation, give me a call, and I'll catch you up.

Till then, have fun!!!!

LOL. She won't even cut the strings out for me. :) She just wants to have fun. :)

BounceHitBounceHit
07-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks for all the cards and letters. Today was yet another day of MEGA tennis. The sun, the heat, the ultra-dry (indeed swirling!) clay, none of this could dampen our spirits. My lovely bride-to-be even showed up to cheer us on and snap some photos. We MIGHT be persuaded to post them IF you guys promise to be kind to two SENIOR players. ;) BHBH

bad_call
07-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks for all the cards and letters. Today was yet another day of MEGA tennis. The sun, the heat, the ultra-dry (indeed swirling!) clay, none of this could dampen our spirits. My lovely bride-to-be even showed up to cheer us on and snap some photos. We MIGHT be persuaded to post them IF you guys promise to be kind to two SENIOR players. ;) BHBH

didn't u know that old guys ROCK!!! especially the cool ones. 8)

BounceHitBounceHit
07-21-2009, 05:45 PM
didn't u know that old guys ROCK!!! especially the cool ones. 8)

Excellent point. And we ARE cool...............well...........at least we THINK we are cool............. Of course are teenaged children disagree. ;) BHBH

bad_call
07-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Excellent point. And we ARE cool...............well...........at least we THINK we are cool............. Of course are teenaged children disagree. ;) BHBH

keep saying that to yourself and don't stare in the mirror. one of the secrets to happiness. :)

drakulie
07-22-2009, 05:09 AM

Sounds like fun, BHBH!!! And yes>>>> pictures would be great! You guys both are celebrities, and totally rock!!!!!!

Geoff, yesterday, I had the day off from work so decided to talk to some of the Solomon kids. As it turns out, the national clay court juniors championships was being held at the Jimmy Evert Tennis Center. Being that it had rained the day before, they were really behind in matches, so had to use our club to get half of the matches completed. I ended up string racquets all day for the kids there, including the number 1?? player in the nation. Was churning out racquets, including cutting out the strings, stringing the frame, placing a stencil and overgip on each racquet in less than 25 minutes.

All that, and then hit with the ex-satellite player. Then had to go back home and string 2 of his frames. :shock:

Good thing is a lot of the people in the club didn't know I strung, so I picked up a bunch of new clients.

Still, wish I was there with you guys drinking some cold ones, and playing some tennis with you guys.

Cindysphinx
07-22-2009, 11:00 AM

Come on, let's see those pics. We'll be nice.

Seniors are Dead Sexy, after all!! :) :)

BounceHitBounceHit
07-26-2009, 03:04 PM
U:\My Pictures\DSC00990.jpgCome on, let's see those pics. We'll be nice.

BounceHitBounceHit
07-26-2009, 04:14 PM

http://i30.tinypic.com/2v3q1is.jpg

BounceHitBounceHit
07-26-2009, 04:16 PM
And Geoff.........

http://i26.tinypic.com/2vvm781.jpg

BounceHitBounceHit
07-26-2009, 04:19 PM

http://i27.tinypic.com/2ptrqlv.jpg

J011yroger
07-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Matching Federer Wimbledon outfits and emaciated left arms!

Great pics guys. I will be thinking of you while I am at WORK tomorrow.

J

bad_call
07-26-2009, 05:28 PM
nice pics from the older cool guys. 8-) action shots a little fuzzy (camera man not used to sliding on hartru) but good eye to ball focus.

drakulie
07-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Excellent photos, gentleman!!!

Thanks for sharing! I hope both of you had a pleasant and relaxing week there. :)

<<<love the vapors!>>>

Cindysphinx
07-27-2009, 04:13 AM
:jaw drops:

You guys look *great!* As the young folks say, you got it goin' on. :)

BounceHitBounceHit
07-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Matching Federer Wimbledon outfits and emaciated left arms!

Great pics guys. I will be thinking of you while I am at WORK tomorrow.

J

We are both back at work today...........but it was fun while it lasted! ;) BHBH

BounceHitBounceHit
07-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Excellent photos, gentleman!!!

Thanks for sharing! I hope both of you had a pleasant and relaxing week there. :)

<<<love the vapors!>>>

Thanks Drak! Too bad you couldn't join us. Best, BHBH

BounceHitBounceHit
07-27-2009, 08:22 AM
:jaw drops:

You guys look *great!* As the young folks say, you got it goin' on. :)

Appreciated! We sure did have a great time playing! Best, BHBH

TonLars
07-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Sounds like a nice trip, hope you had fun! Looking forward to seeing and hitting with you again hopefully in September!

J011yroger
07-27-2009, 10:30 AM
We are both back at work today...........but it was fun while it lasted! ;) BHBH

Glad you had a fun time. Work was slow today, so I escaped early! Off to the courts for me!

J

BounceHitBounceHit
07-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Sounds like a nice trip, hope you had fun! Looking forward to seeing and hitting with you again hopefully in September!

Thanks Tony! Me too, for sure. I will try and let you know well in advance of my trip the exact dates. Best, CC

BounceHitBounceHit
07-27-2009, 02:56 PM

Oh, and congrats on your outstanding play against Alex Clayton. You are THERE Tony! ;) BHBH

BounceHitBounceHit
07-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Glad you had a fun time. Work was slow today, so I escaped early! Off to the courts for me!

J

Excellent. Have a great hit. Best, BHBH