PDA

View Full Version : What is the point in switching buttcaps?

フェデラー
07-19-2009, 08:30 PM
I was just wondering why people usually the pros, like the older buttcaps. its because of the feel correct? is the old wilson (n-code) one better than the current ones? i like the look of the older one for my k90 so i may switch it out.

uk_skippy
07-20-2009, 03:52 AM
I prefer the older red square 1 aswell. You only need to pop out the new one and replace it with the old one. You don't need to remove the whole of the butt cap.

Regards

Paul

jetlee2k
07-20-2009, 04:08 AM
I like the new rounded black butt cap from wilson with trapdoor.. I replaced all my rackets with this new butt cap.. it does not hurt my palm anymore..

Bud
07-20-2009, 04:32 AM
I like the new rounded black butt cap from wilson with trapdoor.. I replaced all my rackets with this new butt cap.. it does not hurt my palm anymore..

I too like this new butt cap from Wilson.

El Diablo
07-20-2009, 04:52 AM
An old buttcap on what appears to be a new racquet may of course be a clue that it is a PJ.

markwillplay
07-20-2009, 05:19 AM
hey, I am curious, will a wilson butcap fit on my yonex 002 tour? I have built my butcaps up with full size sleeves (hate yonex butcaps because they are small). I like how the wilson ones flare. I have built mine up that way but it has added a fair amount of weight believe it or not.

Or, can you get yonex butcapps that are bigger (like 1/2 or 5/8) to put on my 3/8?

Danstevens
07-20-2009, 06:58 AM
The reason Federer uses the old buttcap is simply because Priority One have some left over and they don't like to be wasteful. I don't know about the other players but it could be something similar. The paint-job idea is also plausible.