PDA

View Full Version : Nominations for Worst Courts Award

tennismom42
07-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Sometimes I am shocked & amazed that the USTA sanctions some tournaments, considering the horrible condition of the courts. Also, I think if you're going to have a national open (4 sites across the nation), then all 4 courts should be of the same type.

My nomination for the worst courts:

Genesys Athletic Club
Grand Blanc, Michigan

My first nomination:
They don't use sand on the courts, so it's essentially paint on concrete. Real fast courts. Constantly have to dig it out of your ankles, slipping, sliding, falling down. It's like playing on a waxing basketball court.

my 2nd nomination:
Delray Beach Tennis Center
Delray Beach, FL
The clay is put on too thin. However it's a toss up. Some of the other clay courts put the clay down so think that you take a chunk out & roll your ankle.

Any other nominations for worst courts at a USTA sanctioned tournament?

babolat15
07-19-2009, 08:47 AM
yeah, it can be pretty bad at times. I couldn't see the site that they hold the national clays at being anything other than top notch...

firstserve
07-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Long Beach City College is the worst

SoCal10s
07-19-2009, 09:26 AM
I got to agree with you on that Del Rey beach site for the boys 18s is bad... the drainage is why the courts can't dry evenly,thus the wet spots and the twisted ankles..

Kalamazoo main site at Stowe is absolutely dangerous..all the courts are too close together and with the ballkids on those center 3 courts it makes it even more hazardous.. center court #3 is so close to the viewing bleachers that players run into the seats all the time..

the Winter Nats site for the 18s boys were pretty run down ..

it's time to do some major make-over for these premiere sites.. compared to the boys 16s site, the 18s boys sites are all pretty bad..

LBCC for the level2 Nats is a joke,you have to pay for parking and it's always dirty ..

mrmo1115
07-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Suffern Community College Courts in the Eastern Section, they hold some touaments during the summer..

Absolutely horrendous courts and balls. Oh and btw, the tournament director is ********.

TennisCoachFLA
07-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Suffern Community College Courts in the Eastern Section, they hold some touaments during the summer..

Absolutely horrendous courts and balls. Oh and btw, the tournament director is ********.

Whoa....the use of the word "********" in any manner, but especially to dig at somebody, went out at least 10-15 years ago. With the rise of Down Syndrome and the like, that is pretty much considered as nasty these days as using the 'N' word.

I highly suggest you take that word out of your vocabulary. Consider yourself lucky if one of the moderators does not have a child or relative so effected and decides to ban you.

himynameisNIKE
07-19-2009, 10:51 AM
^^

haha r u serious man?? really??

himynameisNIKE
07-19-2009, 10:53 AM
yeah boys 18s winter nats at Phoenix Tennis Center is pretty bad i hate the courts there they have like boards on the back of the fence so whenever the ball hits the back of the fence its a really loud THUD!! ridiculous...

mrmo1115
07-19-2009, 03:45 PM
^^

haha r u serious man?? really??

I agree, don't worry about my posts. If you met him I'm sure you'd feel the same.

pvaudio
07-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Whoa....the use of the word "********" in any manner, but especially to dig at somebody, went out at least 10-15 years ago. With the rise of Down Syndrome and the like, that is pretty much considered as nasty these days as using the 'N' word.

I highly suggest you take that word out of your vocabulary. Consider yourself lucky if one of the moderators does not have a child or relative so effected and decides to ban you.
Take it easy, you'll survive. This is just the internet.