PDA

View Full Version : Best Racquet - Mild Experience

ddzc
07-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Hi all,

I play about once/twice a week. I played with a cheapo racquet I payed 60 bucks for (Head T.I 2000) for a couple of years. I wanted to step it up a bit and I bought a Head Microgel Prestige Mid Racquets.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-MGPMID.html

I bought the above racquet to sort of force myself to develop the skills and experience to use the racquet in my advantage. I definitely thought wrong, I played with this racquet and lost a lot of games and had no control on the court. As soon as I went back to the head t.i 2000 racquet, I started winning games and I felt like I had a lot more control and power of the ball with this cheap racquet compared to the pro racquet. Also my serves improved huge.

So here is my dilemma...I possibly want to try another racquet...sort of in between the two that I have...maybe a racquet with a slight upgrade over the T.I 2000 to determine if it will give me a slight edge over my current cheap racquet. Also, I heard theres racquets that help avoid tennis elbow with absorbion, etc...I would like that technology built into my new racquet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ddzc
07-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Also the pro racquet is Kirschbaum strung at 54lbs

plowmanjoe
07-20-2009, 07:07 AM
wow going with the prestige mid was a poor choice. you should demo a bunch of racquets to see what you like. if you're concerned about tennis elbow, just look for more flexible frames.

Maybe check out racquets that are around 100sq in. 10-11 ounces. just try a bunch out.

ddzc
07-21-2009, 05:15 AM
Thanks. Do you have any model recommendations though....theres tons of racquets on the market.

hoodjem
07-21-2009, 05:21 AM
Dunlop AG 4D300.
Babolat Pure Storm.
Yonex RDiS 300.
Wilson kBlade 98.

ddzc
07-21-2009, 06:17 AM
Thanks. I noticed a few of those racquets are for 4.0 level players. How good is a 4.0 level player? Would I be able to handle a 4.0 racquet considering I have low-medium experience? It looks like the Dunlop is for intermediate-pro level players....seems to be more suitable for me. What do you all think?

I was also suggested the below...what do you think?

Prince ozone tour
Head liquidmetal radical mp
Youtek radical mp

plowmanjoe
07-21-2009, 06:27 AM
i would say no to the ozone tour. radicals are a maybe, they are geared towards advanced players.

it's hard to make a list because there are tons of racquets that fit your level. you don't have to stick with current offerings. look at the used markets too.

if i were you i'd just stick to head light balances, around 10-11 ounces, 100 sq in head or so. you should be fine with any stick like this. you just have to try them out, everyone is different.

MesQueUnClub
07-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Try some ProKennex or Fischer frames. They are very flexy frames and help reduce elbow issues. Most of them will say "advanced players" but you'll soon grow into them.

marsh
07-21-2009, 07:26 AM
I would recommend the Boris Becker 11 Light. It's within your weight range a reasonably flexible.

In D Zone
07-21-2009, 12:52 PM
I would recommend you checking out the Head Radical (Liquidmetal)
Prince Hybrid Shark

These are priced well under $80 / will not hurt your pocket - but are good racquets as well.

chris
07-21-2009, 02:22 PM
go with some fischer frames they have low swing weights and are super arm friendly so you'll adjust quickly