PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these demos for my wife?

vaportrail
07-20-2009, 08:29 AM
My wife is determined to get back into tennis after about 20 years. She's probably 3-3.5 all court player now, but could have been about 4 - 4.5 back in high school. I think she was using an oversized Prince International.

Trying to get her the best racquets to demo and then purchase her favorite for her birthday gift.

Prince O3 Hornet OS
Wilson K FactorZenTeam
Dunlop Aerogel 700
Head Liquid Metal 8

What do you think of these to start with?

Bhagi Katbamna
07-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Try the pro-supex TiS1. Got it for my wife and she loves it.

furyoku_tennis
07-20-2009, 11:43 AM
you might want to add the liquidmetal radical OS on the list. its a good racquet especially if she's trying to get back into tennis as it has a lot of room for customization as she improves.

Rhinosaur
07-20-2009, 12:30 PM
My wife is determined to get back into tennis after about 20 years. She's probably 3-3.5 all court player now, but could have been about 4 - 4.5 back in high school. I think she was using an oversized Prince International.

Trying to get her the best racquets to demo and then purchase her favorite for her birthday gift.

Prince O3 Hornet OS
Wilson K FactorZenTeam
Dunlop Aerogel 700
Head Liquid Metal 8

What do you think of these to start with?

I'm in about the same boat, currently using an OS Prince. I'm demoing some Babolats...but from what I'm reading they may not match my play style. Next on my list is the Hornet and a Liquid Metal 4.

A_Instead
07-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Dunlop 500 4D Tour is a must.
Nice racquet for a 3.0 + and one to grow into as her strokes come back.
My wife switched to it from the APDC+ and loves the 500 4D Tour.
Her game has improved.

vaportrail
07-20-2009, 01:41 PM
I've ordered:

Prince 03 speedport black team
Prince 03 hybrid hornet os
Wilson K Factor K Zen Team
Dunlop Aerogel 700

to start with.... Liquid Metal 8 was out.. I have a feeling the Prince Speedport Black Team may be it for her to grow with? I'll try the others that you recommended if she's not in love with one of these. Thanks:)

Virtua Tennis
07-20-2009, 02:00 PM
you might want to add the liquidmetal radical OS on the list. its a good racquet especially if she's trying to get back into tennis as it has a lot of room for customization as she improves.

Are you kidding me why would she want a 12oz racquet that would hit like a club.

prjacobs
07-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Okay... I can't resist..... So...

I think it's always a good idea to demo a wife before getting hitched:)

vaportrail
07-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Ha, and back in high school she was using an oversized international prince:shock:

gocard
07-20-2009, 08:50 PM
As for Wilsons, how about the kBlade Team? Or is there a certain price range you are looking at?