PDA

View Full Version : When USTA actualize the player ratings???

Oldracquet27
07-20-2009, 09:19 AM
At what point during the year USTA actualize players ratings depending on their league and tournaments results??? At the end ( Dec.) for everybody, or when annual subscription expires for every player??

Thank You in advance:)

ednec
07-20-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm not entirely sure but I'm guessing they make the adjustment after league season, depending on match results and/or strikes the person receives.

Here in PR, there aren't enough tournaments (4-5 a year including the National Open) to rate a player unless he/she wins them all or bagels more than half the people in his/her rating.

raiden031
07-20-2009, 11:16 AM
If you mean by 'actualize' that your rating number changes in tennislink, it happens only during year-end ratings or if you get disqualified mid-season. Some sections have early start ratings that may be actualized in late summer, but I don't know since my section doesn't have them.

League matches update your hidden dynamic rating on a daily basis, whereas sanctioned tournament matches do not count until your year-end rating.

IceNineTX
07-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Texas just came out with early season ratings last week. They only affect fall leagues really and you still can play any current league season and any tournament throughout the remainder of the calendar year. Final ratings are out end of December.

brad1730
07-24-2009, 02:35 PM
For what it's worth... I self-assessed as a 2.5. It didn't really matter to me, because I became a USTA member in order to play on a particular 3.5 team. I thought that if I couldn't hang, I'd like to leave my options open. About half way through the league, I was bumped to 3.0. It really didn't affect me, and I'm not sure if this helps, but I thought it was interesting.

raiden031
07-24-2009, 02:56 PM
For what it's worth... I self-assessed as a 2.5. It didn't really matter to me, because I became a USTA member in order to play on a particular 3.5 team. I thought that if I couldn't hang, I'd like to leave my options open. About half way through the league, I was bumped to 3.0. It really didn't affect me, and I'm not sure if this helps, but I thought it was interesting.

How were you informed about the bump?

brad1730
07-24-2009, 03:44 PM
The USTA director in Denver called and left a message on our answering machine, and it was followed up by mailing. At the time I thought it appeared to be a lot of work on their part. I remember the mailing making it very clear that I could not compete at the 2.5 level. No big deal really - but interesting.