PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Racket Journey?

lightflow
07-20-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm just interested to see what rackets others have been switching with the advent of new technologies/brands etc.

1) Slazenger metal racket, cheap beginners racket from local sports shop, weighed a ton, literally.
2) Prince CTS Synergy DB 26, could never get used to the feel.
3) Head Radical O/S Trisys 260, lovely racket, great for serves and groundstrokes.
4) Yonex RDS003, had loads of power, nice feel but in the end didn't like the extended length for some reason.
5) Yonex RDS001, great for spin but it can be hard going if your playing a long session as you have to produce the power.
6a) Babolat APDC, best racket I ever had, spin & power, using the Nadal lead setup I found the balance to be perfect for me.
6b) I've spilt 6 into a & b as I bought a Babolat Team Pure Drive as a backup racket, while it shares the same hoop as the APDC it favours a flatter hitter but it's still nice.

I'll be sticking with the APDC as it feels like my 'holy grail' so to speak. Part of the reason I favour it is I switched to a smaller grip size which I find most comfortable. Using the old measuring system, technically I a size 4, with the RDS001 I tried a 3 but have now settled on a 2, much easier to change grip styles in play.

Well that's me, please share your racket journey!!

Zielmann
07-20-2009, 10:51 AM
So, I've been playing for like, 15 years, and have only had four or five different frames...

1. Cheap Prince junior frame. Still have it. It's purple and green, with green strings. The head is no longer quite round. Went through lots of use and abuse.

2. Semi-cheap Wilson 26" frame. Was a black model, pretty sure it was from the era of the Hammers. Also think it had power holes, too.

3. Prince Precision Response Titanium. First full-sized frame. Think it was a bit too heavy for me at the time, but I made it work. Still in my bag today as a second backup.

4. Prince More Control DB 800. You know, the half black, half white frame that got so much praise when it first came out? Don't personally know anybody else who liked this stick. Got two of these, one got lost. Just recently bought a used one, so I've got two identical frames again. These are my current sticks, and I'm using them stock. Considering a little lead for extra stability though. They must suit my game and style well, cause I can place the ball right where I want with these. And can really rip a 2hbh with them.

4.5. More Control DB 850. Expanding upon the loss of one of my 800's. At that point, the 800 was discontinued, but the 850 (OS version) was still out. Much to my dismay, the 800 was unwittingly replaced by an 850. I've still got the 850 in my bag as a 'just in case' backup frame. If for whatever reason, I manage to go through both 800's and the PRT, I've still got the 850. I really don't like using this frame. It's way too light and unstable, and the balance is all wrong. However, it's a spin machine. Also has a little extra length, so I can still get pretty good serves out of it. So I can deal with using it for a short period.

Been using the 800's for 6-7 years now I think. Still like them fine, but sometimes I think I might prefer the PRT. I don't have any money to use upgrading my frames at the moment, so I'm stuck with these for a while still. Would like to be able to see what else is out there though.

VGP
07-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Here are a couple of similar threads.....

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=15511

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=185129

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=162062

plowmanjoe
07-20-2009, 11:04 AM
1. cheap prince kiddy racquet. it was white and i'm pretty sure it was a mickey theme.

2. prince synergy extender. pretty much a granny stick i used for about 2 years.

3. prince original graphite os. i've been using this for over 10 years now and have yet to find a better racquet for me.

movdqa
07-20-2009, 11:32 AM
All sorts of wood, steel and aluminum racquets to settle on the Head Pro. Then a widebody. Then the Dunlop Tour Pro Revelation in the 1990s to the ProKennex Redondo. ProKennex had distribution problems several years ago so I went to the K90 which was a nice transition racquet from an eastern forehand to a semiwestern. Then to the Pure Drive Roddick to try my hand at a really modern racquet. Nice but a tad too stiff and I wanted something heavier. Settled on the KPS88 - preferably a bit lighter than spec. I hope to stick with this for the next ten years.

dadozen
07-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Dunlop junior - a cheap racquet to start playing tennis at 9 y.o.

Yonex RQ-180
Yonex RQ-360
Wilson PS 6.1
Dunlop Classic Pro Revelation
Yonex RD-10
Babolat Pure Control Team
Babolat Pure Storm

Current frames: Dunlop AG 4D 300 Tour

I've been playing tennis for over 17 years, with little hiats.

dig331
07-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Dunlop cheap jr racket
Head Jr racket
Wilson 6.2
Volkl DNX 8

tribunal4555
07-20-2009, 01:24 PM
1. Dunlop Aluminum 27.5 in
2. Head Aluminum
3. Head Titanium Tornado
4. Wilson N Vision
5. Wilson Jack Kramer Pro Staff
6. Wilson Pro Staff 85 Mid
7. Wilson K Six.One Tour
8. Head Microgel Extreme Pro
9. Head YOUTEK Radical Pro
10. Boris Becker 11 Special Edition
11. Donnay Pro One Oversize
12. Bancroft Borg

Virtua Tennis
07-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Been playing for 25 years had only 2 racquets

1st racquet Wilson prostaff original 85
currently Wilson K Protour

jms007
07-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Polish aluminum racquet >> Prince Precision Control (stolen!) >> Fischer Extreme FT >> Fischer Extreme FT UL >> Fischer Pro No.1 >> Fischer Magnetic Speed OS >> Fischer Pro No.1 >> Dunlop 4D 300 Tour (sticking with this one)

naylor
07-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Dunlop Maxply Fort
Slazenger Challenge no. 1
Jack Kramer Pro Staff (still have them!)

28-yr gap

POG
Slazenger X1
Babolat AeroPro Control
n90
k90
Microgel Prestige Mid
Redondo Mid
AG100

10nistennis
07-20-2009, 02:41 PM
1. Cheap, walmart Wilson racquet.
2. Head TiS6
3. Babolat Pure Drive Roddick
4. Head Liquidmetal Radical MP
5. Head Microgel Extreme Pro
6. Dunlop Aerogel 300
7. Dunlop 4D Aerogel 300

markwillplay
07-20-2009, 03:11 PM
interesting

POG OS 1 stripe....1986 got it because so many pro's used it...Agassi!!
Max 200G.....1987-91...discovered serve and volley!!!!!

quit playing for about 15 years

Head LM OS....2006....got back into game....long break (ha ha)

since then.....uh oh....

POG 4 stripe OS (took me back)
Fischer mag tour 100
Prince SPT
Donnay TW OS
Donnay TW mp
Head prestige Pro (close with lead and played with for over a year)
Dunlop AG 100
Yonex RDS 002 tour (little too much for me at the time)
Donnay TW mp (one more time to make sure)
Dunlop 400i (brought me back to my 200G days)
K90 (over my head)
Yonex rds 002 tour (winner, winner, chicken dinner)
this stick had more of the things I liked than the others although some of them had certain things I liked better. I have finally committed to a stick and it is the only one in the house. I have 4 of them.

Infl8edEg0
07-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Junior Head Racket
Head TIS5
Head TI Laser
Prokennex Kinetic 7g
Babolat Pure Drive (pre-cortex)
Babolat Pure Drive Cortex
Babolat Pure Storm Tour
Wilson KBlade Tour

Skanavis
07-20-2009, 03:47 PM
1. Cheap walmart wilson racquet
2. Different cheap walmart wilson racquet
3. wilson n code six-two
4. wilson n code n1
5. wilson n code ntour
6. wilson k-six one X

these have all been within a year and 5 months.

xHBvi3tbOix
07-20-2009, 10:50 PM
1. Head Junior iRadical
2. Head Radical Midplus
3. Head Radical Oversize
4. Wilson Prostaff Tour 95
5. Wilson Prostaff Tour 90
6. Wilson N90
7. Wilson K90 (4x) I will never switch from this racquet

Team_Volkl
07-20-2009, 11:45 PM
1) Wilson Hammer 6.2

2) Wilson Hyper Hammer 5.3

3) Volkl Power Bridge 10 Light

I might throw in the towel with the Volkl, but I'm still keeping my eyes open.

martinrousev
07-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Wilson Silverbird (98' even balance) - Okay racquet. A friend gave it to me as he bought new ones and he wanted to teach me so he would have somebody to hit with
Head Flexpoint Radical OS - The first racquet I bought. At first I loved it and after I developed my strokes it felt wrong.
Head Radical Agassi LTD - Because of the Flexpoint I started to dislike OS frames. Sold them on.
Pro Kennex Redondo Mid+ - Fell in love with it. Improved my serve and volleys a lot with this racquet. Still carry it in my bag.
Fischer M Speed Pro One - Recently purchased it since the specs were so close to the Redondo. Feels great. I keep switching between this and the Redondo.

Supracool94
07-21-2009, 12:01 AM
I started playing in 1990 at 15 years old.

1. Chris Evert Wood racquet (found in trash)

2. McEnroe Boron Comp (Big 5 Special)

3. Head Galaxy (Big 5 Special)

4. Wilson Hammer 4.0 110

5. Wilson Pro Staff Classic 6.1 110

6. Wilson Pro Staff Org. 6.0 95

7. Head i. prestige 93

8. Head MG Prestige "TGK237.1" 93 Custom Wilson Shaped Handle

Bud
07-21-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm just interested to see what rackets others have been switching with the advent of new technologies/brands etc.

1) Slazenger metal racket, cheap beginners racket from local sports shop, weighed a ton, literally.
2) Prince CTS Synergy DB 26, could never get used to the feel.
3) Head Radical O/S Trisys 260, lovely racket, great for serves and groundstrokes.
4) Yonex RDS003, had loads of power, nice feel but in the end didn't like the extended length for some reason.
5) Yonex RDS001, great for spin but it can be hard going if your playing a long session as you have to produce the power.
6a) Babolat APDC, best racket I ever had, spin & power, using the Nadal lead setup I found the balance to be perfect for me.
6b) I've spilt 6 into a & b as I bought a Babolat Team Pure Drive as a backup racket, while it shares the same hoop as the APDC it favours a flatter hitter but it's still nice.

I'll be sticking with the APDC as it feels like my 'holy grail' so to speak. Part of the reason I favour it is I switched to a smaller grip size which I find most comfortable. Using the old measuring system, technically I a size 4, with the RDS001 I tried a 3 but have now settled on a 2, much easier to change grip styles in play.

Well that's me, please share your racket journey!!

What is Nadal's setup with regard to weight/balance?

Lakers4Life
07-21-2009, 12:19 AM
1. Wilson Prostaff Jack Kramer - My father gave me this racquet. Strung with Leona 66. Still have it with the storage frame.

2. Head Arthur Ashe Graphite - Pre High School. Someone liked it more than me.

3. Pro Kennex Silver Ace - Freshman/Soph. HS I had this racket until college when it broke during a match.

4. Pro Kennex Golden Ace - More of a novelty racquet, too soft typical of wood rackets. Sold it a friend

5. Pro Kennex Boron Ace - Nice stiff frame. Still have until now, 25 yrs. But developed arm problems.

6. Volkl DNX 4 - Tweener racquet. Recently purchased.

I'm interested in the Volkl PB 4 and Pro Kennex SQ Ltd.

15_ounce
07-21-2009, 12:38 AM
1. Wilson Impact Titanium
2. Wilson n code n vision
3. Yonex RDS 001 midplus
4. Avery M3 Power
5. Prince Graphite Tour midsize
6. Rossignol 9R Yellow Power
7. Prince Graphite Tour midsize
8. Rossignol 9R Yellow Power
9. Wilson K Six One 90
10. Wilson K Six One 90

federer_15
07-21-2009, 01:49 AM
1. Some cheap Head 26" ... x1
2. Head intelligent ... x1
3. Head Liquidmetal 2 ... x2
4. Head Flexpoint Fire ... x2
5. Head Microgel Monster ... x3

lightflow
07-21-2009, 04:15 AM
What is Nadal's setup with regard to weight/balance?

9.5gms at the 12o'clock position and 2.5gms one inch up from the end of the butt cap to counter balance it.

AgassiFan12
07-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Wow this is going to bring me back. (I'm only putting rackets that were bought for me, I had used a racket or two of my bro's before I got into tennis)

1. Some pink/black Wilson WalMart frame
2. Prince CTS Synergy (not sure of make)
3. Wilson Hammer 6.2 (the Skunk)
4. Wilson Hammer 6.7 stretch
5. Prince Hornet
6. Prince Longbody Chang
7. Prince Longbody Chang Ti.
8. Wilson Hyper ProStaff 7.1
9. Wilson Hyper ProStaff 6.0
10. Dunlop Maxply MacEnroe
11. Prince Turbo Shark LB
12. Dunlop M-Fil 300
13. Dunlop 200g XL
14. Wilson KBlade 98
15. Coming soon Wilson KPro Tour

it's always fun to try new sticks.

AgassiFan12
07-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Okay I need to make a correction so I don't sound like one of those guys whose rackets are just bought for him. Except for the first one and the 3rd and 4th. I have personally purchased all the rackets.

When I said "rackets purchased for me" I meant rackets that either my parents or me personally purchased for myself and not a racket of my brothers that I used.

RobG
07-21-2009, 09:01 AM
1. Prince Classic (the original aluminum one)
2. Pro Kennex... don't remember the model, it was a long time ago
3. Prince Magnesium Pro 90
4. Prince Cynergy 26 something or another
5. Prince Thundercloud Titanium
6. Prince Ozone 7
7. Prince O3 White
8. Prince O3 Hybrid Tour

I still use 7 and 8 regularly, depending on my mood. There are lots of others I'd love to try from various brands. Even though they're almost all Prince, I'm not a Princeophilie; it's just what's familiar. Eventually I'll get around to demoing other racquets. Right now I want to get my game back in gear and then I can justify testing out more racquets.

Rob

Birke
07-21-2009, 10:48 AM
1st racquet: Prince O3 Hybrid Spectrum
2nd racquet: Head Youtek Speed MP 18x20

But I've demoed plenty of racquets this year such as...
Prince EXO3 Ignite 95
Prince EXO3 Graphite 93
Babolat PureDrive GT +
Head Youtek Speed Pro
Head Youtek Speed MP 16x19

And soon to come...
Dunlop Aergogel 4D 300 (supposed to demo today but its too rainy)
Boris Becker 11 SE 98
Wilson K6.1 95

SOY78
07-21-2009, 11:03 AM
1. Ukraine made woodie - (brother's old racquet)
2. Prince Pro 110 - (brother's coach gave me this one)
3. Wilson (unknown) looks like a tiedie paint job MP - (parents bought me two of these to tryout for the HS team, but I got cut every year :( )
4. Wilson Hammer 6. something OS (black and white PJ) - (I used this through my college years beating all the HS team players, revenge!!!!)
5. Volkl C10 Classic MP - (gave this one to my boss, he still plays with it from time to time)
6. Volkl C10 Pro Tour mid - (so far my favorite of all the racquets that I've tried, and now I know that the DNX10mid grommets fit)
7. Volkl Tour 10 Gen 2 MP - (still have this one for doubles play)
8. Volkl Tour 10 Gen 1 MP - (still have this one for doubles play)
9. Volkl DNX 10 mid - (tried to find a replacement for the C10pt, this wasn't it)
10. Babolat Aero Pro Drive+ - (this racquet did not fit my playing style as I like to flatten out some shots, this was a rocket launcher when hit flat)
11. Wilson PS Tour 90 - (Tried this just for kicks, didn't like the stiffness at all but 2nd favorite wilson i've tried)
12. Wilson N90 - (Thought this would be better than the PS Tour 90, I was mistaken)
13. Yonex RDS 001 90 - (This stick felt weird for some reason, I could not get consistent with it)
14. Wilson PS85 - (I had to try the good old chineese PS85, so far it is my favorite wilson stick)
15. Boris Becker 11 mid - (Still have this one and I am experimenting with strings now)
16. Volkl PB10 Mid - (Just got this one, can't wait to try it)

Racquets 6, 7, 8, 13, 14 & 15 are in my bag :) The rest are sold, traded or broken...

goosala
07-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Let me work my way backwards so I can remember better:

Dunlop Aerogel 100
Wilson K Pro Staff 88
Yonex RDS001 90 2006 version
Donnay Pro One Midsize TW version
Prince Graphite Original Midsize
Wilson K Factor Six One Tour 90
Pro Kennex Redondo Mid
Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 85
Yonex RDX500 midsize
Wilson Pro Staff Tour 90
Yonex RD-Ti 70 88
Wilson Pro Staff Classic 6.1 95
Wilson Pro Staff Original 85
Prince Power Pro 90
Wilson Ceramic Midsize
Yamaha Secret 04
Wilson Sting midsize
Wilson T2000

michaelavich
07-21-2009, 02:37 PM
wood slazenger
white aluminum wilson (preferred the wood one and kept switching back)
wilson staff tour 95 high beam series
prince precision equipe mp

over a few years tried and sold:
estusa PBB
yonex ns rq7
volkl tour 10 ve

prince tt warrior
now alternate between equipe and warrior

hyogen
07-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Wow this is going to bring me back. (I'm only putting rackets that were bought for me, I had used a racket or two of my bro's before I got into tennis)

1. Some pink/black Wilson WalMart frame
2. Prince CTS Synergy (not sure of make)
3. Wilson Hammer 6.2 (the Skunk)
4. Wilson Hammer 6.7 stretch
5. Prince Hornet
6. Prince Longbody Chang
7. Prince Longbody Chang Ti.
8. Wilson Hyper ProStaff 7.1
9. Wilson Hyper ProStaff 6.0
10. Dunlop Maxply MacEnroe
11. Prince Turbo Shark LB
12. Dunlop M-Fil 300
13. Dunlop 200g XL
14. Wilson KBlade 98
15. Coming soon Wilson KPro Tour

it's always fun to try new sticks.

i might have had that exact same pink/blank wilson walmart frame... this is circa 1993

marosmith
07-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Head tis1
head flexpoint 10
head mg instinct
head mg rad pro
2x head mg rad pro with leather grip, gut, and lead in the handle. About 12 oz headlight.

T1000
07-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Wilson Junior Racquet
Head Junior Racquet
Dunlop 900g
Wilson prostaff triad or something like that
back to the dunlop 900g
yonex rdx 500 mid
yonex rds 001 mid
back to the dunlop 900g
back to the yonex rds 001 mid
Tecnifibre tflash 290
back to the yonex rds 001 mid
yonex rds 001 mid 2008
wilson kprostaff k88
yonex rdis 100 mid
back to the wilson kprostaff k88
head microgel prestige pro

Mdubb23
07-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Head tis1
head flexpoint 10
head mg instinct
head mg rad pro
2x head mg rad pro with leather grip, gut, and lead in the handle. About 12 oz headlight.

Since when is length measured in ounces? :)

schenkelini
07-21-2009, 04:09 PM
1. Spalding World Open
2. Bancroft Players Special
3. Head Graphite Edge - original model
4. Head Graphite Director - original model
after a long recess
5. Prokennex 5G
6. Prokennex 7G
7. Prokennex Ki15 PSE

freedbeing
07-21-2009, 04:41 PM
1. Wilson nCode nPro Surge
2a. Babolat Pure Drive Cortex +
2b. Babolat Pure Drive Cortex standard
3. Babolat Pure Storm Tour
4. Head i.Radical mp
5. Head Flexpoint Fire
6. Head Liquid Metal Radical mp capped
7a. Head Microgel Radical mp
7b. Head Flexpoint Radical mp
8. Head i.Radical mp

I first started off in 7th grade with a beginners prince racket (dont remember which one). Then in the summer following I was progressing and my uncle (and coach) had me demoing numerous rackets, I ended up choosing a Wilson nCode nPro Surge with the Babolat Pure Drive Team coming in second. At the time my uncle didnt think it was necessarry for me to have a back up racket yet so I just stuck with my nCode. But in time i started popping my strings more frequently so my uncle decided to buy me another nCode. Unfortunatey they were discontinued, so my uncle decided to get me a Pure Drive Team but they too were discontinued. Fortunately my uncle got a great deal on a Pure Drive Cortex +. In time I started to prefer the pdc+ over my ncode so my uncle bought me a pd standard because he also got a good deal on it. Threw out this period I was content with my pure drives but in the middle of my sophmore year i was getting a pain in my upper arm so i decided to go to the doctor to get it checked out. It turned out i was on the verge of getting bicept tendonitis, so it was time for a racket change. I tried many rackets and ended up liking the Babolat Pure Storm Tour. The tendonitis pain was gone but in time the weight of the pst was getting to me. I don't have much muscle in my arms and with my full western grip, the pst was taking its tole on my elbow so i had to change rackets again. My high school coach was nice enough to give me an i.radical that one of the seniors had left behind. I was in heaven, it was my favorite racket so far and i just loved it. I started looking for another i.rad for my backup but i couldnt find any reasonably priced, so i settled on a head flexpoint fire i got for 30 bucks. But one day i decided to go practice with some of my friends. One of my friends wanted to try it out so i lent it to him. We were playing out the point and he drilled a insanely flat forehand to me and the frame just snapped. I was shocked but i didnt charge him since i got it for free and it was obviously already cracked internally since it was so old and i only had it for about a week and a half. I still had my fxp fire, pd+, and pst so i thot everything would be fine. wrong. About halfway through my junior year i smashed my fxp fire and went bak to my pst and pd+ but they were still giving me arm problems. A friend gave me his capped lm radical mp since he had switched frames and had no use for it. Even though it was very beat up and partially cracked, i took it seeing as my arm couldnt really take the abuse my babolats were giving it and it gave me time to get some money to buy some new frames. Well it cracked when i was returning a serve about two weeks later so i was in dire need of a new armfriendly racket. I tried looking for i.radicals but found no luck so i demoed some rackets and got a microgel radical mid+. The microgel rad was the answer to all my prayers, it was spin friendly, light, and most of all, armfriendly. I found a fxp rad for a cheap price and bought it for my backup racket. Then about three weeks ago my radicals were stolen. I'm not gonna go into details about that. Fortunately i found my favorite racket of all time brand new and for a good price, a Head i.Radical mid+. It is my current racket and only racket at the time and i am looking for more. I might end up buying a Fischer M pro #1 light racket (it plays and feels very nice, but not as nice as my i.rad) and its currently only 80 bucks. Thats my journey

Mdubb23
07-21-2009, 05:35 PM
1. Wilson nCode nPro Surge
2a. Babolat Pure Drive Cortex +
2b. Babolat Pure Drive Cortex standard
3. Babolat Pure Storm Tour
4. Head i.Radical mp
5. Head Flexpoint Fire
6. Head Liquid Metal Radical mp capped
7a. Head Microgel Radical mp
7b. Head Flexpoint Radical mp
8. Head i.Radical mp

I first started off in 7th grade with a beginners prince racket (dont remember which one). Then in the summer following I was progressing and my uncle (and coach) had me demoing numerous rackets, I ended up choosing a Wilson nCode nPro Surge with the Babolat Pure Drive Team coming in second. At the time my uncle didnt think it was necessarry for me to have a back up racket yet so I just stuck with my nCode. But in time i started popping my strings more frequently so my uncle decided to buy me another nCode. Unfortunatey they were discontinued, so my uncle decided to get me a Pure Drive Team but they too were discontinued. Fortunately my uncle got a great deal on a Pure Drive Cortex +. In time I started to prefer the pdc+ over my ncode so my uncle bought me a pd standard because he also got a good deal on it. Threw out this period I was content with my pure drives but in the middle of my sophmore year i was getting a pain in my upper arm so i decided to go to the doctor to get it checked out. It turned out i was on the verge of getting bicept tendonitis, so it was time for a racket change. I tried many rackets and ended up liking the Babolat Pure Storm Tour. The tendonitis pain was gone but in time the weight of the pst was getting to me. I don't have much muscle in my arms and with my full western grip, the pst was taking its tole on my elbow so i had to change rackets again. My high school coach was nice enough to give me an i.radical that one of the seniors had left behind. I was in heaven, it was my favorite racket so far and i just loved it. I started looking for another i.rad for my backup but i couldnt find any reasonably priced, so i settled on a head flexpoint fire i got for 30 bucks. But one day i decided to go practice with some of my friends. One of my friends wanted to try it out so i lent it to him. We were playing out the point and he drilled a insanely flat forehand to me and the frame just snapped. I was shocked but i didnt charge him since i got it for free and it was obviously already cracked internally since it was so old and i only had it for about a week and a half. I still had my fxp fire, pd+, and pst so i thot everything would be fine. wrong. About halfway through my junior year i smashed my fxp fire and went bak to my pst and pd+ but they were still giving me arm problems. A friend gave me his capped lm radical mp since he had switched frames and had no use for it. Even though it was very beat up and partially cracked, i took it seeing as my arm couldnt really take the abuse my babolats were giving it and it gave me time to get some money to buy some new frames. Well it cracked when i was returning a serve about two weeks later so i was in dire need of a new armfriendly racket. I tried looking for i.radicals but found no luck so i demoed some rackets and got a microgel radical mid+. The microgel rad was the answer to all my prayers, it was spin friendly, light, and most of all, armfriendly. I found a fxp rad for a cheap price and bought it for my backup racket. Then about three weeks ago my radicals were stolen. I'm not gonna go into details about that. Fortunately i found my favorite racket of all time brand new and for a good price, a Head i.Radical mid+. It is my current racket and only racket at the time and i am looking for more. I might end up buying a Fischer M pro #1 light racket (it plays and feels very nice, but not as nice as my i.rad) and its currently only 80 bucks. Thats my journey

My eyes hurt.

ryangoring
07-21-2009, 05:45 PM
hmmmm.
age 11 and up
started with a wilson staff 95
then a wilson profile 2.7 95
then finally to the wilson PSC 6.1

after a 13 year lay off and started back playing a year ago.
here goes
wilson PSC 6..1
wilson hyper carbon 6.1
wilson ncode 6.1
wilson ncode 6.1 tour
wilson NPS 95
wilson kfactor 6.1 team
wilson kfactor 6.1 tour
and then and finally
wilson kpro tour.

after one year i went thru all of those sticks and some of the board members here may have them now.

gpt
07-22-2009, 02:55 AM
1976 Slazenger Ken Rosewall wood
Slazenger Challenge wood
Head Arthur Ashe Comp 2
Head XRC
1985?Pro Kennex Copper Ace
Some Dunlop Graphite
Prince Precision Sonar
Wilson pws ???
Head Orion
Wilson Ncode Nvision
2009 Babolat Pure Storm LTD

Various other forgotten frames over the years

MethodTennis
07-22-2009, 06:24 AM
1. Wilson attack (junior 20"odd)
2. Roddick junior (26")
3. Aero strike
4. Pure drive roddick
5. K blade tour
6a. Pure drive GT
6b. Aero pro drive (w/o cortext)

BoomerangX
07-22-2009, 06:46 AM
1. Head Liquidmetal 4.5 (cheap racket from Big 5).
2. Pure Drive Roddick Cortex
3. Pure Drive Team
4. Aeropro Drive
5. Aeropro Drive +
4. Switched back to Aeropro Drive

benxten
07-22-2009, 12:54 PM
walmart wilson racket
wilson hyper hammer 3.5 midplus i think
liquidmetal radical OS
wilson kblade team
wilson k6.1 team
wilson kblade tour
wilson kblade 98
wilson ktour
wilson ntour two

TnTBigman
07-22-2009, 01:18 PM
1) Wilson wood (1987 beginer).
2) Spalding grey graphite with plastic middle.
3) Wilson earlier pws (blue/white/red)
4) Wilson Prostaff PWS (black/blue/white)
5) HEAD Orion 660 (1994)
6) HEAD Dominion 660
7) HEAD Radical Trysis (bumble bee. breaktrough into the top juniors)
8) HEAD Ti.Radical OS (2 pairs. 1998 - 2004).
9) HEAD LM Radical MP
10) HEAD LM Prestige MP
11) HEAD FXP Prestige MP
12) HEAD i.Prestige MP
13) HEAD PC600 Mid
13) HEAD LM Prestige MP
14) HEAD MG Prestige MP
15) HEAD MG Prestige Mid.

ForehandFiend
07-31-2009, 10:47 PM
2008-Wilson Impact (Cheap,stiff frame. Got the job done)
-Head Liquid Metal 4 (First tweener racquet, pretty good)

2009-Wilson K Six.One 95 (Best racquet ever)

parasailing
07-31-2009, 11:46 PM
High School Years
1. Pro Kennex Ceramic something - $50 racquet great racquet

2. Wilson Profile 3.6

3. Pro Kennex 5G SMI
4. Pro Kennex Ionic Ki 5

5. Wilson K90
6. Wilson KPS 88

aphex
08-01-2009, 12:53 AM
since i got into tennis again last year (after a 10 year hiatus)

prince hybrid hornet
prince o3 tour
head mg prestige pro

now, head mg prestige mid, which is a keeper---i'll definitely play with this racquet for many years to come...

whereisz
08-01-2009, 01:03 AM
1. Prince Graphite Michael Chang Longbody OS
2. Prince Original Graphite Mid
3. Babolat Pure Drive GT

mavsman149
08-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Cheap wilson (turned me off of wilson for years)
Prince TT Graphite Mid
Babolat Pure Drive 2001 Swirly
Babolat Pure Control 2001 Swirly
Head LM Prestige Mid
Babolat Pure Storm (the first one)
Babolat Pure Control 2003
Babolat Pure Control 2001 again
Fischer M Speed Pro 1 98 SL
Wilson KBlade Tour
Babolat Pure Control 2001.......again

120mphBodyServe
08-06-2009, 09:44 AM
1) Some cheap Spalding aluminium piece of crap.
2) Pro Kennex Golden Ace not too sure if it was a mid or a mid+.. Nice frame good feel and very predictable..
3) Wilson Pro Staff 95 Tapered Beam.
4) Prince Precision Chang Longbody OS.
5) Yonex MP1 Tour 98.
6) Soon to be the new re released PK Black Ace...

whereisz
08-06-2009, 10:18 AM
1) Prince Michael Chang Graphite OS
2) Prince Original Graphite Mid
3) Babolat Pure Drive GT

TennisVet
08-06-2009, 11:38 AM
1. Cheap Head Racket
2. Wilson N4 OS
3. Wilson KBlade Tour
4. Head Youtek Radical Pro

Bigtime
08-08-2009, 07:23 AM
1-Some sort of old wood racquet found in an attic
2-Cheap wood racquet (generic)
(my 1st racquet I bought @ local small town hardware store)

3-Wilson T2000

25 yr. hiatus-picked tennis back up appx 3-4 yrs ago

4-Head Intelligence (largefive special)
5-Head FlexPoint Heat
6-Dunlop Maxply Mcenroe
7-Wilson KBlade Tour
8-Dunlop AG100

OTMPut
08-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Wilson N90 -> Prostaff 85 -> K90 -> Head MGPP (worst decision of my life) -> KPS88

PatrickB
08-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Wilson NCode N5 -> Prince O3 White -> Dunlop AG 4d200 (18x20)

Trickster
08-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Blimey I'm only 19 but have been through rackets like hot cakes

From age 5 I have used

Wilson Pete Sampras Junior 21 sq inch racket
Wilson racket with the red and white checkerboard thing 26 sq inch
Yonex 26 sq inch - copy of the Kraijeck racket of the time
Yonex Blue Thing -As endorsed by Kournikova (isometric head, blue metallic paint)
Yonex green thing - big girls racket!! The one endorsed by seles
Babolat Tweener racket - had some black, bronze and some blue on and weighed about 260g

If anyone can identify the above rackets I would appreciate it?

Now the ones I remember and still own

Babolat Pure Drive (original one)
Prince Original Graphite OS
Dunlop Aerogel 5hundred
Dunlop 4d 2hundred
Head Airflow 1 (those ladies silly things)
Volkl C9 Pro
Volkl C10 Pro

Been through players rackets, tweeners and just damm right big girls rackets!

thundaga
08-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Junior (no knowledge of what racquets do)
Sfida Boron Kevlar Graphite
Wilson Pro Staff 6.7 EB
Wilson Triad 4
Wilson ncode 6
---------------
Adult
Prince O3 White (hard grommets)
Head Liquidmetal Radical
Head Microgel Prestige MP

ckledzepplin
08-08-2009, 03:51 PM
1.Wilson pro star widebody
2.Wilson K Zen
3.Babolat Aero Storm Tour
4.Wilson K six one tour

iTxMe
08-08-2009, 10:05 PM
1. wilson prostaff classic 6.1
2. babolat pure drive + (swirly graphic...the very first one)
3. head i.prestige 93"
4. head prestige classic 600

Lejanius
08-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Since I came back to playing after a 8 year hiatus.

1. Head Liquidmetal Radical MP: liked it but my serve wasn't the greatest and I needed more spin than the 18/20 bed provided and more pop. plus I couldn't volley with this racquet

2. Yonnex RDS002 Tour. Loved it. Provided more spin than the head and more pop except for two small things. My backhand just didn't have pace on it, one hand slices were fine but my 2-H just died for some reason and my volleys were better than the head but I just didn't like the way it felt when I hit them (I know that sounds weird not sure how to explain it).

3. prince O3 Speedport tour. My choice for a long time I think. Everything the yonnex did but my 2-h backhand just jumps off the racquet with nice depth and pace. My volleys feel more crisp and everything else is nearly the same as the yonnex with one exception. I generate a ton of spin with this racquet (which is good because I need help with spin I hit flat) but my serve has crazy amounts of spin on it, so a pleasant surprise and added bonus.

I don't intend to switch for some time if I can help it now. In between I probably demoed 30 racquets to find what I needed.

JackB1
08-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Some Old Head Racquet
Prince Speedport White
Babolat Aeropro Drive
Dunlop 4D 500 Tour

Jack Migger
08-09-2009, 11:59 AM
I'll do a photo journey since I still have every racquet I've ever owned. You can click on the photo to view in a large size...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2421/3805343292_2460f92b30.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38960914@N04/3805343292/)

From left to right:

1) Wilson kids spiderman racquet - I got it for a Christmas present when I was about 11.
2) Wilson ?? - Don't know the name of the racquet. Typical wal-mart racquet. I paid about $30 for it new.
4) Prince 03 white - Bought this when I first started getting into tennis about 2 years ago. I now use it as an extra racquet to carry around for friend who forget to bring one
5) Babolat Pure Drive GT
6) Yonex RDX 500 MP - I just received this racquet in the mail a week ago. It is the first used racquet I ever bought and I am in love with it. I wish they still made them and I would stock up for life with these things.

Rhinosaur
08-11-2009, 10:29 AM
1) Dunlop Max Impact Pro
*Three year break*
2) Wilson Profile
*11 year break*
3) Prince Speedport Silver
4) Babolat Pure Drive GT Roddick Plus

Lee James
08-11-2009, 12:04 PM
1. Spalding Big Bow
2. Cheap Wilson racquet
3. Cheap Head racquet
4. Prince TT Warrior MP
5. Head Ti Radical OS
6. Wilson Pro Staff Tour 90
7. Yonex RDS 001 Mid
8. Head LM Radical MP (Thinking about settling down and stocking up)

Lee James
08-11-2009, 12:04 PM
1) Dunlop Max Impact Pro
*Three year break*
2) Wilson Profile
*11 year break*
3) Prince Speedport Silver
4) Babolat Pure Drive GT Roddick Plus

11 year break?!? What gives? Did you miss it?

basil J
08-11-2009, 12:30 PM
These are frames I played with for more than 6 months over the last 10 years:
Dunlop 200G MW (all time favorite)
Wilson HPS 6.1
Wilson Ncode 6.1 18 x 20
Prince 03 Tour
Dunlop AG 200
Redondo MP
Yonex RDS 002T
Yonex TI 80
Frames I have toyed around with but never committed to:
Slazenger Pro X1
RDS 001 MP
Redondo Mid
PK KI5
AG 200 16 x 19

grimmbomb21
08-11-2009, 12:37 PM
1. some fischer racquet
2. Pure Drive OS
3. Pure Drive +
4. PC 600
5. Pure Drive Roddick+
6. Prestige Classic
7. Agassi LE
8. AG200
9. Microgel Prestige MP
10. Kblade Tour
11. 4d 200
12. 4d 200 16x19

And I'm demoing the Prestige Pro again. I thought the 4d 16x19 would be about the same spin with a bit of lead tape, but it doesn't feel as nice as the prestige pro.

Woodersen
08-11-2009, 03:18 PM
1. Bancroft Golden Wood.
2. Donnay Borg Allwood.
3. ProKennex Black Ace 98
4. Prince CTS Approach 110
5. Some prototype racquet that JRex made for Head.

About a 10 year break from competitive tennis.

6. Babolat Pure Drive Roddick - I have two of these that I really like.
7. Fischer M Pro No. 1 SL - Just ordered this. Price was too good to pass up.

Rhinosaur
08-12-2009, 05:57 AM
11 year break?!? What gives? Did you miss it?

Demanding job, basketball, video games, dating, college, moving, new job, moving, new job, moving.

I mainly played basketball to get in shape. I took up tennis after high school (Dunlop) but life just got too hectic. I always missed tennis but never really had anybody to hit against. Now that I live in a big metro area, I'm able to play regularly again.

AlexTennisAllDayLong
08-12-2009, 06:35 AM
1. Wilson HyperHammer only for like a month, killed my wrist and elbow
2. Dunlop 300 one of better racquets but too light
3. APDC one of best racquets out there, multiplies topspin and super easy to play with...but too light + head light
4. Prince Diablo, perfect weight, huge sweet spot, best racquet so far

jyjyj
08-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Mine's a short list.

1. Spalding Taxi II

Got it when I was 11 and have been playing a pair of them ever since.
Now, after 20 years, looking to upgrade. Either ProKennex Black Ace 93 or the KBlade Tour.

newbe60
08-24-2009, 05:11 PM
1) davis classic .. best wood racket ever made had the word tab on bottom

2) arthur ashe comp 2.. sililar to hitting with a 2x4

3) donlop max 200g.. if good enough for john why not me.. (hit this till my elbow almost fell off

4) a 20 year gap with a donnay wst cobalt (extra long handle for the 2 handers)

5) after 8 demo my new racket... babolat roddick gt plus .. (hits like a combo of all the others listed above>>

SVP
08-24-2009, 07:25 PM
This goes back to the early 70s:

Wilson Chris Evert (my sister's)
Wilson Jack Kramer
Bancroft Borg (sold to me for $15 in Berkeley, had a blemish)
Donnay Borg Pro (still have it)
Dunlop 200g (gave it away)
Wilson Profile 2.7 (a monster)
Prince (one of the CTSs)
Wilson Hammer (still have it)
Pro Staff 95
Yonex RDS 001 MP
KPS 88
Volkl PB 10 Mid

Never played competitively. Just a hacker who loves to hit and feel the ball.

tommy7
08-24-2009, 08:44 PM
I started playing 10 years ago with a prince thunder stick. When I started getting better I decided to go to 1 racket and stick with it. That racket is a wilson prostaff 6.1. I love it. I still let my eyes stray a little but never my heart. I guess if I need to hit a little better I better drop a little more weight ;)

TheRasha
08-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Wilson Hyper Hummer 6.1 Strech
Head LM radical MP
Head Flexpoint instict team
Gama ipex 7 MP
Head Flexpoint Radical MP
Babolat Pure Storm
Dunlop Mfil 300
Prince O3 White
Yonex RDiS 300

Gugafan
08-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Head eclipse
LM Prestige MP
FXP Prestige MP
MG Prestige MP

Currently alternating between the FXP and MG.

NotSoSuper
08-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Babolat Pure Drive
Babolat Pure Drive Roddick
Wilson KSix-One
Prince Rebel