PDA

View Full Version : Critical Question. Should i get the HEAD YOUTEK speed MP ? I use Yonex RQIS tour-2.

Fedace
07-20-2009, 12:01 PM
To all you TW racket experts. I currently use Yonex RQIS tour-2 for doubles. and i am thinking about changing to YOUTEK speed MP. I hit with it but had somewhat mixed feelings. 1st 30 minute Demo was great but next time out it felt so so. Has little less power than Tour-2. but more control. But more importantly, i heard so many NEGATIVE things about YOUTEK in general lately on the Forum so i am having 2nd thoughts. What do YOU guys think ?????????:confused:

plowmanjoe
07-20-2009, 12:09 PM
if you don't like it, don't use it. it's pretty simple. shouldn't matter what everyone else likes.

Fedace
07-20-2009, 12:15 PM
if you don't like it, don't use it. it's pretty simple. shouldn't matter what everyone else likes.

That is just it. I demoed it for about 4 hours so far and i am really uncertain. I sometimes like the Youtek and sometimes I don't .....very odd indeed...

MesQueUnClub
07-20-2009, 12:41 PM
All the cool people are using it. You should definitely get 1 or 2. Guaranteed to make you a better player ;)

shell
07-20-2009, 12:59 PM
That is just it. I demoed it for about 4 hours so far and i am really uncertain. I sometimes like the Youtek and sometimes I don't .....very odd indeed...

This is your answer right here - sometimes you don't like it. If you ever feel that way about a racquet, you should not be using it - and certainly not buying it.

VGP
07-20-2009, 01:04 PM
This is your answer right here - sometimes you don't like it. If you ever feel that way about a racquet, you should not be using it - and certainly not buying it.

Ditto.

If you feel that way at the "demo" stage, then you'll probably not like it in the long run.....

star 5 15
07-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Don't buy a racquet because other people like it. stupid thread.

Fedace
07-20-2009, 01:20 PM

Well, there isn't a racket in the world that you like all the time. All rackets have strength and weaknesses. Even my Yonex RQIS tour -1 and tour-2 have strength and weaknesses.

FedererForehand
07-20-2009, 01:47 PM

Isn't that how it is for most of us with racquets, some days we love them and somedays we hate them. Thats ultimately why we all buy/sell/trade racquets- we all want to find the one we have nothing but good days with.

furyoku_tennis
07-20-2009, 01:56 PM
what's wrong with your rqis 2 tour? if its working well, you might as well stick with it. however, if you feel the youtek offers you what the rqis isn't then go for it.

Fedace
07-20-2009, 05:04 PM
what's wrong with your rqis 2 tour? if its working well, you might as well stick with it. however, if you feel the youtek offers you what the rqis isn't then go for it.

I am always looking for a better racket. RQIS tour-2 isn't that great at quick net exchanges. I was hoping Youtek would be better.

Fedace
07-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Should i buy it ??? I can get one from P-1. they said they can sell one to me and customize it too.

plowmanjoe
07-20-2009, 10:52 PM
well, how cool do you want to be?

if you answered very cool, then get the latest coolest racquet available. whether you like the way it plays or not. just make sure some top ten pro uses it.

furyoku_tennis
07-21-2009, 02:13 AM
I am always looking for a better racket. RQIS tour-2 isn't that great at quick net exchanges. I was hoping Youtek would be better.

if you're hoping the youtek will be better, then you should give a thorough demo before making a decision or you could always buy it and then trade it or sell it to someone else if you don't like it. :twisted:

Fedace
07-21-2009, 06:40 PM
if you're hoping the youtek will be better, then you should give a thorough demo before making a decision or you could always buy it and then trade it or sell it to someone else if you don't like it. :twisted:

I have to buy one in order to really give it a thorough demo. Renting demos from TW doesn't really give you enough time. You can only keep the demo for 1 week and you don't get to hit with it more than 1 time maybe.:(

furyoku_tennis
07-21-2009, 10:25 PM
if that's the case, then you might as well invest in it. think of it as investing in more potential. if you find out that it wasn't a good investment, i'm sure someone else will happily take it off your hands.

ManuGinobili
07-22-2009, 01:38 AM
I had the same weird feelings with my Speed MP when I first started hitting with it. The power was low, some of my windshield wiper attempts went straight into the net, making me look like a dumbass. And it's pretty unstable on groundstrokes... sometimes I wonder if the Head testers were on drugs when they hit with this thing.
Then came "enlightenment"......... okay i added tape (scotch tape since I couldnt find lead tape, but sufficient weight), and it made a world's difference. Groundstroke was very stable and explosive since the racket has a lot of spin... which means all problems solved.
A safe bet for string would be luxilon big banger rough... mad power but with so much spin from the racket you will keep the ball in. However for doubles purpose, you could try the Technifibre NRG2 string... I had this one on first and my serve and volley were actually better than with the luxilon....

Fedace
07-22-2009, 05:53 AM
I had the same weird feelings with my Speed MP when I first started hitting with it. The power was low, some of my windshield wiper attempts went straight into the net, making me look like a dumbass. And it's pretty unstable on groundstrokes... sometimes I wonder if the Head testers were on drugs when they hit with this thing.
Then came "enlightenment"......... okay i added tape (scotch tape since I couldnt find lead tape, but sufficient weight), and it made a world's difference. Groundstroke was very stable and explosive since the racket has a lot of spin... which means all problems solved.
A safe bet for string would be luxilon big banger rough... mad power but with so much spin from the racket you will keep the ball in. However for doubles purpose, you could try the Technifibre NRG2 string... I had this one on first and my serve and volley were actually better than with the luxilon....

Thanks, I have been using NRG2 for last 2 years and it is a great string. but i recently switched to Babolat Excel power and it is even better. anyway, Scotch tape Really ???????/// Scotch tape has hardly any weight,, did you apply the entire role ???

djoko4thewin
07-24-2009, 05:55 AM
what was the 100sq head like? does it feel too big?

djoko4thewin
08-03-2009, 05:16 PM
anyone there to answer?