PDA

View Full Version : changed my grip, now i dont like my racquet.

Skanavis
07-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi, ive been using a wilson n six one x for the past 4-5 months. I liked it until recently, where i changed my grip to a semi western from an eastern (forehand). I tried out a aero pro drive during that time and ended up really liking it. My forehands felt a lot better with it and so did my topspin serve. So i was wondering if this was just a mental thing, or if i should change to a babolat type racquet. I can still play pretty good with my current racquet, i Just feel its sub par compared to my play with the aero pro drive.

movdqa
07-20-2009, 06:04 PM
The SW grip usually means that you can hit with more topspin which may bring the ball down into the court faster. You might like something more powerful like the Babolats (bigger headsize and stiffer frame) to give you that added depth to go along with the increased topspin that you're hitting.

destroyer
07-20-2009, 06:07 PM
If it works for you go with the Aero.

martinrousev
07-21-2009, 12:45 AM
No wonder. The aero pro drive was created for heavy topspin. Why did you change your grip if I may ask?

furyoku_tennis
07-21-2009, 03:11 AM
if you really want the aero pro, then you should get one. however, i think it would be a good choice to take your technique into consideration and work with your current racquet a bit. if you switched racquets everytime you switched grips, you may be going through quite a few more racquets. also, don't forget the honeymoon effect when using a different racquet. demo it extensively before you make your decision.