PDA

View Full Version : Torn between racquets

Shadoninja
07-20-2009, 04:19 PM
I am a player that is just now starting to get the hang of tennis. I was going to go all out on a nice racquet and saw two racquets stand out on a lot of websites. The Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex (Nadal's racquet) was supposedly a great ground stroker and helped with two hand backhands a lot, but the Prince O3 Speedport Pro was also recommended for less experienced players that don't have very much power behind their strokes (Im not a big guy).

Are there any recommendations on which racquet for me to get or is it all personal preference?

Is there a different racquet that anyone knows that is a decent all-around-racquet for someone that isn't worried about prices for the most part?

Infl8edEg0
07-20-2009, 04:24 PM
It's mostly personal preference. I don't think I should be using a KBT, but I am because it feels the best to me. In your case, either of those should be a good choice. They're both tweeners, and both will be good even when you grow. There are plenty of other rackets to choose from. But I mean, don't get a KPS...

EDIT: Oh, and other recommendations for beginners are basically rackets between 10~11oz or so, give or take, 98-105sq in headsize (u can go bigger if you will be buying more of a players racket later). I recommend the LM Radical. That is a great racket for beginners and players alike.

Shadoninja
07-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Alright thanks!

movdqa
07-20-2009, 05:07 PM
As you can see, we use a lot of abbreviations on this forum. If you don't know what something is, feel free to ask. Note that many pros don't use stock racquets - they may make some modifications by adding weight in various places on their racquets.

frekcles
07-21-2009, 05:56 AM
You should make up a list of racquets that you would like to demo and proceed from there. Don't just go by whatever a pro is using or whatever some advertising says. It's mostly personal. Go with whatever feels best for you.

120mphBodyServe
07-21-2009, 08:11 AM
There are a lot of great racquets out there...
And they also happen to be not from Babolat, Wilson or Head...
So do some more research, demo and have fun on your quest...
By the way, what racquet you using atm???
Oh and strings are OH SO IMPORTANT...
The right string/tension, it's all personal preference...
So on that matter you'll have to do your own experimentation..