PDA

View Full Version : New Service Vids (Flat Serves/Kick Serves)

NickH87
07-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Okay so I uploaded a video a few days ago where I was rusty as balls. So I went out yesterday and shot two more, edited most of the crap shots out and left the mediocre and good ones. I put music in because I was bored watching myself and it helped me watch my own video, if you dont like it, mute me lol.

Kick Serves:
For the Kick serves, I feel the best serves are the first two and the last one, everything in between is just an average one I guess. Some things I noticed right off the bat was the variation in ball toss locations, just by looking the better ones came off the tosses further over my head...I am interested in what you guys have to say also....feed me your advice and I will eat it, then poop it out next time I serve :twisted:
http://vimeo.com/5701569

Flat Serves:
I dont know if I did much different than the first video, my front foot still comes off the ground, but at some point during the video I made it a point to keep it grounded, bend the knees more, and "explode" into the court. Again, ball tosses vary, that needs work so it can be more consistent, the ones placed into the court seemed to have a better outcome as you guys said it would.
http://vimeo.com/5701974

Lastly, what MPH do you think some of my better flat serves are based on sound and the video...my guess would be low to mid 80's???

Failed
07-21-2009, 02:12 PM
In future, video your serves from behind so we can see how the bounce and where they land as well as your technique. In this video we only see the ball coming at the camera but not your technique. Your serve seems to have a good amount of topspin on it but it still bounces to the left from your point of view meaning that it doesn't break in a way that a kick serve would. At least thats how it looks like in this video. I'd like to see a video taken form behind.

NickH87
07-21-2009, 02:14 PM
In future, video your serves from behind so we can see how the bounce and where they land as well as your technique. In this video we only see the ball coming at the camera but not your technique. Your serve seems to have a good amount of topspin on it but it still bounces to the left from your point of view meaning that it doesn't break in a way that a kick serve would. At least thats how it looks like in this video. I'd like to see a video taken form behind.

So is what I am doing more of a topspin serve?

If the weather is nice tomorrow, I will shoot another one :???:

Failed
07-21-2009, 02:30 PM
So is what I am doing more of a topspin serve?

If the weather is nice tomorrow, I will shoot another one :???:

It looks like a topspin-slice serve but the camera angle might trick me a bit.