PDA

View Full Version : Thailand Open or Malaysian Open ? Tips / Advice?

MAXXply
07-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Does anyone here plan to attend either of these tournaments in late September ? It's great these events are nearby for Oz tennis fans who want a bit more ATP action outside of January.
Any tips on the best ticket deals and accomodation welcome.

Fedexeon
07-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Malaysian Open i guess? Malaysia is abit safer than Thailand and i guess its super cheap for an Australian. But the trade off will be you don't get to watch Nadal but you get Verdasco, Soderling, Monfils and Hewitt (Australian =) )

West Coast Ace
07-27-2009, 03:04 PM
I'd second Fedexeon's geopolitical take - the Muslims are stirring up 'stuff' in Thailand lately.

The KL tournament finally has a website:

http://www.malaysianopentennis.com/

There is an option to buy tickets - not sure where you could get any 'deals' - the price usually is what it is. And I'm suspecting between the residents of KL - and nearby Singapore which used to have a men's tournament, the tickets will sell.

If I weren't already set to go to Shanghai in Oct, I'd consider it - want to see KL.

Good luck OP.

alchn
08-04-2009, 11:07 PM
I just got the tickets to the Malaysia Open. Found out that no photography is allowed for the event... What a bummer!

Just curious is photography allowed on other atp events or not? :???:

alchn
08-05-2009, 07:08 PM
I just got the tickets to the Malaysia Open. Found out that no photography is allowed for the event... What a bummer!

Just curious is photography allowed on other atp events or not? :???:

Anyone?? :(