PDA

View Full Version : Very firm synthetic grip

Ash Doyle
04-08-2004, 05:25 AM
I've used leather grips exclusively for a few years now because I enjoy to the feel of a firm grip. I don't like a very cushion-y feeling grip. My only complaint comes from the fact that I do not like using most overgrips, but I don't really like the slick feel of leather. For the most part, the slick feeling is something I've put up with without much complaint. Recently though, my grip preference has changed. I've found a grip that is very firm (not quite as firm as leather but close), and is a nice tacky synthetic: Gamma Hi-Tech. One thing to realize about these grips though, is that they are quite thick. You can pull them very tight to stretch them out and minimize the thickness, but without that they are thick, and in my opinion make a grip feel half a size bigger. (pretty cool to me, since my grip size preference seems to fall between a 4 3/8 and 4 1/2).

Just thought I'd share my find in case there are others out there looking for the same thing.

cantaloupe
04-09-2004, 04:46 PM
when i read the title of ur post i thought u needed a firm syn grip recommendation, and i was gonna suggest the gamma hi tech. So yeah i definately agree with u about its tackines sand firm grip.

Another alernative would be the gosen pro form, my pro used to deal in gosen strings and he swore by this grip, i tried it and its very nice.