PDA

View Full Version : strings breaking

Noaler
07-23-2009, 02:45 PM
okay, i think my strings are about to break soon and i have a tournament coming up tomorrow. I don't really have enough money to buy a new racket and i lost my backup one so what should i do if it breaks? Ask my opponent or maybe the tournament host?

ms87
07-23-2009, 02:46 PM
okay, i think my strings are about to break soon and i have a tournament coming up tomorrow. I don't really have enough money to buy a new racket and i lost my backup one so what should i do if it breaks? Ask my opponent or maybe the tournament host?

buy a new racquet? what?
get it restrung.

aptennis91
07-23-2009, 03:22 PM
call a friend or a random person who's also playing in the tournament.
Most people won't refuse if you convince them that you won't break it.

Bagumbawalla
07-23-2009, 03:30 PM
First of all, you should try to get yours restrung, if possible, ASAP. A good stringer should get it back to you the same day if you explain your situation.

If, for some reason, you cannot get it restrung, try to borrow a good/similar racket to have as a back-up. Dothis ahead of time so you won't have to run around begging people for a racket in the middle of a set.

Because players are using so much topspin, broken racket strings are like an epidemic.

In one recent tournament, I had two opponents in a row- each break strings in two of their racket. Both had to, then, borrow rackets. One borrowed a similar racket from his brother, the other had to use his wife's racket with a big daisy-flower dampener. So, try to plan ahead. Don't get stuck with a daisy racket.

10s talk
07-23-2009, 04:41 PM
string savers, and buy a second racket on Craigs List... it will be cheap

mikeler
07-24-2009, 06:41 AM
Was the wife's racket pink as well?

fruitytennis1
07-24-2009, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=Bagumbawalla;3723875]First of all, you should try to get yours restrung, if possible, ASAP. A good stringer should get it back to you the same day if you explain your situation.

If, for some reason, you cannot get it restrung, try to borrow a good/similar racket to have as a back-up. Dothis ahead of time so you won't have to run around begging people for a racket in the middle of a set.

Because players are using so much topspin, broken racket strings are like an epidemic.

Agreed just ask a qualified stringer