PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest Shot

Scheiner
03-30-2005, 07:12 AM
What was the weirdest shot you made or saw.

Yesterday at practice, we were playing ranking matches and in a game that me and a fellow teammate were watching, the kid hits a lovely backspin return. Odd enough, when the ball went over the net, it spun up, as in:

^^^
------------ <- Net

into the air, bounced down, and spun back to him. It creeped me, the person I was watching with, and the two players out. Then later, someone smashed a ball above the fence, but it curved back in.

ambro
03-30-2005, 09:02 PM
I know the shot you're talking about, I do it all the time. It's kind of difficult to pull off. I never have done it in a match, but I always mess around with it in practice. One time in a match with my friend I did a underhand slice serve and did the same thing. It was pretty funny.

battousai555
04-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Once I did a boomerang snake (prince of tennis watchers know what this is). I hit a ball from the corner of the baseline with tons of topspin to the right and it went around the net post and curved back in for a winner.

supersmash
04-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Uhh, I hit the net before. Don't remember when though..

Baseline Basher
04-01-2005, 09:13 PM
The weirdest shot I have ever seen was in the Federer-Hewitt match at the Pacific Life Open this year. In that 45-shot rally, the second ball that Hewitt got over Federer, where Federer got in front of it and hit it (which was behind his left shoulder) with heavy slice. He basically hit a drop shot from behind his left shoulder on the run. Crazy. Of course, that whole rally was crazy.