PDA

View Full Version : Light my fire! Not motivated

Drewwonu
07-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Ive been playing tennis since last summer and i got pretty good. I would day a decent 3.5 player. I recently have lost interest in tennis and have not played for over a month... I go out today to hit against the wall and i feel like all of my game has been lost. I feel like all my hard work has gone down the drain. I was hitting with this old man and it feels like i was playing like a sub 2.0 player. My strokes look like garbage. The only motion that i kept was my serve.

Help me! Relight my fire so i have my burning passion back for this sport!

HunterST
07-24-2009, 07:35 PM
My best advice for getting motivated is to go watch the highest caliber players you can find live. Maybe a World Team Tennis event (although I think they're mostly over), a near-by low level pro tournament, even college players. I went to a WTT match and I played way better than normal for about a week!

firstblud
07-24-2009, 07:55 PM
it helps to have friends who play

Blake0
07-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Hit against someone who's like a whole different league from you and ask them to show no mercy. That always get me burning to get better. Or watch pro tennis, or some crazy highlights of amazing shots. Go oncourt and try some yourself. Try to be creative with your game, and go for crazy unbelieveable shots sometimes. When you make one in, every now and then you'll feel great.

SethIMcClaine
07-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Take happy pills worked for a girl I know :-P

hellonewbie
07-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Join a league. Losing will give you the kickstart you need.