PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Montreal for the ATP - taking rackets?

West Coast Ace
07-26-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm going to be there for the weekend before and 1st few days. Google Earth is showing some tennis courts in/around downtown - no idea if they're open to the public. Anyone going? Anyone know anything about the tennis scene?

thejackal
07-26-2009, 08:30 PM
lots of courts, but I dont think as a visitor it's that easy to find players to hit with. what level are you roughly?

West Coast Ace
07-27-2009, 11:41 AM
lots of courts, but I dont think as a visitor it's that easy to find players to hit with. what level are you roughly?4.0 NTRP. (10 char)

thejackal
07-27-2009, 12:58 PM
80% of the courts u can see on google earth are open to the public (other than the ones in har-tru). In my experience its pretty hard to find a pickup game at public courts though. Ive been living near montreal for 10 odd years, and only with time did I develop a good list of practice partners.

West Coast Ace
07-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Jackal, thanks for the info. My hotel said they can set something up - I'll check into it - assuming it's not going to be cheap.

neverstopplaying
08-04-2009, 05:52 PM
I'd be pleased to take you out to the courts if I have free time. I'm spending 3 days at the tournament and have a lot going on but maybe some evening we can arrange something.

contact me before you leave and we can exchange phone numbers: bbqray330 @ yahoo.ca

If we don't meet up, enjoy the tournament!

West Coast Ace
08-06-2009, 11:54 AM
I'd be pleased to take you out to the courts if I have free time. I'm spending 3 days at the tournament and have a lot going on but maybe some evening we can arrange something.

contact me before you leave and we can exchange phone numbers: bbqray330 @ yahoo.ca

If we don't meet up, enjoy the tournament!Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I aggravated a calf injury while playing last night - so I'll be taking a week or two off from playing.

neverstopplaying
08-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I aggravated a calf injury while playing last night - so I'll be taking a week or two off from playing.

No problem - enjoy the tournament. If I see someone hobbling around, I'll say hi.