PDA

View Full Version : College Tennis Rating

prime_time_jr21
07-27-2009, 08:13 AM
What is the lowest tennis rating you can be and still play college tennis. I'm not talking div 1 but div 3 or junior colleges or even univeristys in canada.
thx

stanfordtennis alum
07-27-2009, 12:46 PM
it varies from school to school... there are some excellent D1 schools and some "mediocre" d1 schools.. same goes with d2 and d3..how about u say a lil about urself and we can see what division u may fit

prime_time_jr21
08-10-2009, 12:23 PM
i'm a 4.0 ntpr going into grade 12. i play about 3 times a week and started entering tournaments this year. I played two years of highschool tennis and got conference allstar my junior season. ive been playing tennis since i was little but not competitivly til this year. I compete in british colombia, canada.

tennismom42
08-10-2009, 07:35 PM
I forget, is B.C. one of the provinces that can go to USA schools? Or is it a free for all to/from our two nations?

you can play college tennis. But to get a college scholarship, you'll need to bring a bit more to the table.... good match wins over higher-rated players, or excellent GPA, volunteering, work experience, economic need. You're not saying enough.

Do you know where you want to go? afford to go? Are you after a scholarship or just an opportunity to play \? There's always intramurals & a chance to move up. Slim, but...

Aim to commit in the early signing period, early November.

TRN ratings will cut off at the end of August, so get out there & play. New ratings for TRN are posted 1x per year, in October, I think.

If you can't sign in November, main commitment is April 7ish

goran_ace
08-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Is that a self-rated 4.0 or are you actually playing 4.0 leagues/tournaments against adults? Playing against adults (in addition to playing junior tournaments - not instead) may be good considering you don't have a lot of match experience. When I was in high school I added a few men's tournaments to my tournament schedule to get some matches against bigger, stronger players and thought it helped prepare me for college tennis.

prime_time_jr21
08-13-2009, 12:03 AM
i'm just looking for a chance to play right now unless i improve greatly. i played 3 ntpr tournaments this summer, and now i only have junior tournaments left to play this summer.

goran_ace
08-13-2009, 06:23 AM
How'd you do? Keep working at it.