PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Teeth

DownTheLine
07-28-2009, 06:31 PM
I am getting my Wisdon teeth out next Tuesday.

I am just wondering am I able to play tennis that same day or the day after? If not, how long did it take you to get back on the court?

I think I am addicted to tennis because if I go through the whole day not playing I go crazy!

I am going to get my stringing machine that i ordered sometime next week and am probably going to spend alot of time on that if I can't get out and play.

So my question to you guys is. If I can't play tennis for about 4 days what should I do to keep in shape and tennis fit plus so my form doesn't leave me?

GPG
07-28-2009, 07:10 PM
you'll feel sick the first couple of days, between day 2 and 3, your fae will be huge... so you won't be playing till 5 or 7 days after your teeth are removed

topknocker
07-28-2009, 08:11 PM
let's see, play tennis the day after wisdom teeth are pulled. don't think it's going to happen. everybody is different when it comes to getting wisdom teeth pulled. you may heal faster than some but, don't get your hopes up to much. if i were you i would concentrate on doing what the oral surg. says to do after they are pulled. you will be back on the court in no time.

mikeler
07-29-2009, 05:13 AM
My brother and I were both layed out for a week after getting our wisdom teeth taken out. I don't think I played tennis for at least a week and a half. On the other hand, my 2 sisters probably could have played tennis the next day. They had no problems with the surgery. Maybe females are tougher!

DownTheLine
08-06-2009, 07:58 AM
I got my wisdom teeth out Tuesday and I feel perfectly fine. I could have played tennis an hour after I got out of surgury!

I am off my pain medication and it doesn't even hurt I actually was off it yesterday but I toke one before I went to bed to be safe.

Do you guys think I could go out and hit?

BTW my face never swelled up or got puffy.

DownTheLine
08-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Anybody...???

LetFirstServe
08-06-2009, 08:31 AM
I dont know about going out when your teef just came out. If you do plan on going on the court I would suggest to take it easy or at least give your mouf until the weekend.

DownTheLine
08-06-2009, 08:37 AM
It's been two days and I plan on playing tonight so that will be 2 1/2 days.

DownTheLine
08-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Anyother suggestions?

ClarkC
08-06-2009, 09:50 AM
I think it is best to get your advice from a doctor and not from people like us on a message board. There are all different degrees of severity for wisdom tooth extraction.

mikeler
08-06-2009, 09:58 AM
I think it is best to get your advice from a doctor and not from people like us on a message board. There are all different degrees of severity for wisdom tooth extraction.

+1 for this. There could be complications from playing that nobody has thought of.

LetFirstServe
08-06-2009, 10:04 AM

He knows what the doctor is going to say, he wants us to find an excuse to play. :)

+1 for this. There could be complications from playing that nobody has thought of.

Of course, increased blood flow could break if he got any stitches or clots could break and could end up playing with a bleeding mouf.

DownTheLine
08-06-2009, 11:24 AM
The doctor said wait till Monday, but my tennis coach said he was out for 3 days so I won't play today but will tomorrow.

ClarkC
08-08-2009, 07:22 AM

The doctor said wait till Monday, but my tennis coach said he was out for 3 days so I won't play today but will tomorrow.

So, your tennis coach's experience must be exactly the same as yours, right?

DownTheLine
08-08-2009, 09:36 AM
I played 5 hours yesterday and don't feel any pain. My legs are tired but, no pain.