PDA

View Full Version : Girls tennis

papatenis
07-31-2009, 10:20 AM
plz explain why most of the "talk" is mostly guys on guys???? where are the girl tennis players?????

SoCal10s
07-31-2009, 11:25 AM
all the girls I know are super serious about their tennis and won't be wasting time on blogs ... they're mostly on facebook trying to be cute,or raunchy..

the only thing worth mentioning is SoCal's Krista H. who is 14 and unseeded won the clay court level 1 in the 18s group event..in the finals were 2 SoCal girls who grow up hardly seeing any clay around here... what happened to all those great Florida girls clay court players ? -- I guess they all turned pro already..

papatenis
07-31-2009, 12:49 PM
all the girls I know are super serious about their tennis and won't be wasting time on blogs ... they're mostly on facebook trying to be cute,or raunchy..

the only thing worth mentioning is SoCal's Krista H. who is 14 and unseeded won the clay court level 1 in the 18s group event..in the finals were 2 SoCal girls who grow up hardly seeing any clay around here... what happened to all those great Florida girls clay court players ? -- I guess they all turned pro already..

is Krista H. in the USTA system?, I hope not

SoCal10s
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
is Krista H. in the USTA system?, I hope
not

I don't think so,her strokes looks awful but this girl knows how to win.. you sound like you don't like the USTA system.. USTA(in IMO)finds kids who are flashy and loud and who they see as talented and give them nice ride.. talent to them is physical and they always overlook those kids who have discipline and mental toughness.. it leaves you to wonder why Americans tennis are struggling to find success in the top tier pros..

papatenis
07-31-2009, 01:34 PM
I don't think so,her strokes looks awful but this girl knows how to win.. you sound like you don't like the USTA system.. USTA(in IMO)finds kids who are flashy and loud and who they see as talented and give them nice ride.. talent to them is physical and they always overlook those kids who have discipline and mental toughness.. it leaves you to wonder why Americans tennis are struggling to find success in the top tier pros..

usta is a joke, my kids play in socal, my girl went to carson, at that time kim p. and debbie g. were the coaches for the girls. it was a 8-5 job for them. really didn't care about the girls, seemed burned out of tennis, they even brought there outside lessons to carson, (low ranked girls), my kids play local designed, nat'ls and supernat'ls don't see any coaches from carson at the tournaments scouting players. why did usta hired p-mac. what can he do when he has 20 other jobs. everybody at usta have life time jobs, they protect each others job. im not racist, but why does usta celebate "black history month" and why do they recruit black kids, then support them with tons of $, lessons, travel???? why is socal changing to points system for rankings, old system was more accurate on head to head matches for rankings. i could go on and on, but need to get back to work

SoCal10s
07-31-2009, 03:09 PM
usta is a joke, my kids play in socal, my girl went to carson, at that time kim p. and debbie g. were the coaches for the girls. it was a 8-5 job for them. really didn't care about the girls, seemed burned out of tennis, they even brought there outside lessons to carson, (low ranked girls), my kids play local designed, nat'ls and supernat'ls don't see any coaches from carson at the tournaments scouting players. why did usta hired p-mac. what can he do when he has 20 other jobs. everybody at usta have life time jobs, they protect each others job. im not racist, but why does usta celebate "black history month" and why do they recruit black kids, then support them with tons of $, lessons, travel???? why is socal changing to points system for rankings, old system was more accurate on head to head matches for rankings. i could go on and on, but need to get back to work

we're all racist.. blacks,whites,brown,yellow,green,ect.. p-Mac is just a show,same as all the new hired hand,plus they are all his buddies.. Mayotte,Peterson,Jose H.,they all look good on paper but I doubt if they're gonna work,real work,like feeding balls for hours and hours on end.. I don't see why USTA just don't hire a real hands on teacher like Landorps.. and let him go at it.. he'll straighten out some of those spoiled brats and parents in no time.. but the USTA might get sued if he worked for them.. to get these American kids to the top again we need a real hard nose,no non-sense guy like Robert.. he'll love you if you work hard and kick your *** out if you have an attitude.. plus he knows talent, hard work and mental toughness go hand in hand..

supporting the 'black' minority is a good show,everyone love to see the reverse-discrimination at work, it's been around a long time and it will keep on going... I don't see any hand outs for poor asians or whites if there's such a thing...

TennisCoachFLA
07-31-2009, 06:29 PM

I have visited the high performance in Boca many times, plenty of white kids there. I also visit IMG all the time, the kids with the most financial support come in all colors from all parts of the world.

IMG and Evert have scouts all over the place, they support the kids they think have the best shot at making it big, race has ZERO to do with it, it is a business. If they happened to have all white kids from Kansas it would be because their scouts tell them those are the best odds for making money down the road.

Do I agree with the USTA, IMG, or Evert's choices of kids all the time....definately not. But tennis at that level is about business, not race.

Now use common sense. Your job is to find the next big American women's star. You see the Williams sisters dominating the top for a decade....hmmm, perhaps you might support a few Madison Keys, Sachia Vickerys, and Victoria Duvals? Thats not racism, its just higher percentage business.

tennis-silver
08-02-2009, 05:32 AM
I have visited the high performance in Boca many times, plenty of white kids there. I also visit IMG all the time, the kids with the most financial support come in all colors from all parts of the world.

IMG and Evert have scouts all over the place, they support the kids they think have the best shot at making it big, race has ZERO to do with it, it is a business. If they happened to have all white kids from Kansas it would be because their scouts tell them those are the best odds for making money down the road.

Do I agree with the USTA, IMG, or Evert's choices of kids all the time....definately not. But tennis at that level is about business, not race.

Now use common sense. Your job is to find the next big American women's star. You see the Williams sisters dominating the top for a decade....hmmm, perhaps you might support a few Madison Keys, Sachia Vickerys, and Victoria Duvals? Thats not racism, its just higher percentage business.

Very well put. ( Loved the "I'm not racist but....." )

ClarkC
08-02-2009, 06:57 PM

Of course, the same argument has been made about why there are few head coaches in various sports who are black. Pro sports are big business, and some NFL owner is not going to pass up the best qualified coach because of race, because he would be shooting himself in the foot financially, right?

But the political left never buys that argument, for some reason. If NFL owners can supposedly make irrational, bad business decisions because of race, then so can the USTA or anyone else. Or, more likely, neither NFL owners nor USTA leaders do so, because they are not stupid. But we should all be consistent in the application of the argument.