PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Roland Garros Tickets

wkt
07-31-2009, 10:47 AM
I would love to go next year. What is the best way to get tickets? Off of the Roland Garros website? What will be available the first day they go on sale on the website?

Thanks!

tennisnoob2
08-01-2009, 11:17 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=when+will+roland+garros+tickets+go+on+sale

not that hard

Skywalker91
08-01-2009, 01:56 PM
oh wow that is such a cool website lol

wkt
08-02-2009, 09:28 PM
On the day that they go on sale, how hard is it to get tickets off of the Roland Garros website? Tickets for some sporting events go on sale, but its nearly impossible to get them because of demand. How much demand is there?

tennisnoob2
08-03-2009, 07:05 AM
On the day that they go on sale, how hard is it to get tickets off of the Roland Garros website? Tickets for some sporting events go on sale, but its nearly impossible to get them because of demand. How much demand is there?

uh finals and semis for men will prob sell out first(like within a week)

Hankenstein
08-16-2009, 11:57 AM
uh finals and semis for men will prob sell out first(like within a week)

Itīs almost impossible for the normal, non-french tennis tourist to buy French Open tickets. U have to apply to a ballot system, and then hope u gets drawn. I think itīs 1 on 17 that getīs the chance to buy tickets or so,,

Itīs pretty easy to buy tickets at the bay a month before the event and itīs also a very big black market business outside the entrance. A ground pass the first days costs around 50 euros or so

Japanese Maple
08-29-2009, 01:59 PM
I went to the French Open in 2001-bought tickets in advance at a premium for Monday and Wed. first week and wished I had just bought them outside of gate-plenty of tickets during first week early. Don't go on kids day which I think is the first Tuesday. If you are going during the second week, which I would not advise, buy tickets in states before leaving.

To get best price just show up during first three days, will have no problem at a decent price.

hellonewman
08-31-2009, 11:08 AM
I got tickets for RG 2008 through the French Tennis Federation raffle, but alas they seem to have eliminated that option starting 2009.

choth21
08-31-2009, 10:27 PM
For the first time, this year, the French Tennis Federation allowed private individuals to resell their tickets through an officially "sponosred" website run by viagogo.com. So I got all my tickets for Chatrier and Lenglen that way.

It was so easy and I got great seats.

I'm assuming they'll do it next year. Here's more info: http://www.ticketnews.com/With-French-Open-deal-viagogo-hopes-to-improve-image-of-the-secondary-market-in-Europe409288

persnicketyboo
09-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Hi - I'm a first time poster. Does anyone know if there are any pre-sales for this tournament, other than for the FFT members? I got terrific seats for the Australian Open finals this year when Master Card Australia had a 1 or 2 day pre-sale for card holders. Then I saw Amex do the same for the US open. I have searched the sponsors for possibilities with no apparent luck. For Wimbledon we just went through a broker - but I hate to pay those inflated prices.
We have never been to the Roland Garros so any advice is appreciated - Thanks!

djokster
09-07-2009, 02:17 PM
http://www.fft.fr/rolandgarros/billetterie_en/

wkt
12-21-2009, 07:10 AM
Can someone translate this and give me the gist of it? I guess the English portion of this page isn't up yet...

http://www.billetterie.fft.fr/

Thanks!

DukeLit
12-22-2009, 08:31 AM
A ground pass the first days costs around 50 euros or so

For what it's worth, this is exactly what I bought outside the stadium (and exactly what I paid--no markup) 3 years ago. It's probably what I'll be trying to do this year as well, unless I get my act together and do something in advance for once.

wkt
02-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Anyone else trying to get through on the website now? I've been in some Virtual Waiting room for an hour now.

If I get through, I would like to go for 2 days. Should I get Main Court tickets one day and Ground Passes for the other? Or get Main Court for both days?