View Full Version : And the Draws are Up

SoCalDominates
08-03-2009, 10:57 AM
for Kalamazoo on ustaboys.com
Predictions?
Upset Alerts?

Ace Boon
08-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Jack Sock better win the 16's, that is all.

tennismom42
08-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Predictions?
Upset Alerts?Whew, no seed 1st round

tennismom42
08-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Predictions?
Upset Alerts?

ALERT:
Kind of makes it impossible to find a doubles partner when the website doesn't show any matched up pairs. Am I not seeing it somewhere?

Michael Bluth
08-03-2009, 05:33 PM
This should be interesting.

Here are my two cents:

Quarter 1: Domijan shouldn't have much trouble getting through, though Fowler could be dangerous. King isn't in good form as of right now, and unless he makes a resurgence Sarmiento has a good chance of taking him out.

Quarterfinal 1: Domijan over Sarmiento.

Quarter 2: Kudla has recently returned to form with his taking a set off of top 150 player Sebastian de Chaunac in the DC qualies. Sundling and Seal could pose a threat. Lipman hasn't done anything notable, and I don't know enough about the other seeds( Saba, Thompson, and Andrews) to predict them for the upset. Any floaters in his section who could do some damage?

Quarterfinal 2: Kudla over Lipman.

Quarter 3: Sandgren has a tough draw. Berman, Lin and Van Overbeek are all difficult opponents. Cox doesn't have that many major obstacles in his section I don't think(correct me if I'm wrong)

Quarterfinal 3: Sandgren over Cox in a tight three-setter.

Quarter 4: This quarter has potential for a surprise semifinalist. Jenkins hasn't done anything since the Orange Bowl and unless he regains that form I see him falling to Ore. Buchanan hasn't been in good form either but his draw in the early rounds isn't that strong with the exception of Kandath. If anyone takes him down before the quarters it will be him.

Quarterfinal 4: Ore over Kandath.

Semifinal 1: Domijan over Kudla in another tight three-setter.

Semifinal 2: Sandgren over Ore.

Final: Domijan over Sandgren in four.

mrmo1115
08-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Does anyone know if the live video of the center court will be available on that website?

mtommer
08-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Does anyone know if the live video of the center court will be available on that website?

I'll keep an eye out for the camera in the next couple of days. If they do, I think they will be getting a better system as lasts year's was very choppy and laggy.

SoCal10s
08-03-2009, 10:46 PM
scary ... seeing all the top players spread out everywhere .. if you pass 3 rounds,you are super good... I can't see any lucky draws anywhere 16s and 18s... a lot of sleepers to look out for..

mrmo1115
08-04-2009, 08:09 AM
I'll keep an eye out for the camera in the next couple of days. If they do, I think they will be getting a better system as lasts year's was very choppy and laggy.

Thanks, I agree that it was choppy and laggy, but it was better than nothing.

scary ... seeing all the top players spread out everywhere .. if you pass 3 rounds,you are super good... I can't see any lucky draws anywhere 16s and 18s... a lot of sleepers to look out for..

I agree, the draw is superloaded, maybe I found one bracket that isn't strong for one player to make the round of 64. Other than that, nothing.

tennismom42
08-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I'll keep an eye out for the camera in the next couple of days. If they do, I think they will be getting a better system as lasts year's was very choppy and laggy. I sent you an e-mail through your profile e-mail address. Have you seen it? Could you shoot me a response? Thanks.

norcal22
08-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Wow its tough this year

mtommer
08-08-2009, 11:59 AM
I sent you an e-mail through your profile e-mail address. Have you seen it? Could you shoot me a response? Thanks.

Tennismom, I just responded though I realized now that this was on the fourth so it's probably to late. The email got caught in the spam filter so I didn't see it and I must have glanced past your post before and didn't see it either. I'm sorry for the mix up. I hope you found what you needed.

mtommer
08-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks, I agree that it was choppy and laggy, but it was better than nothing.

The camera is up again though it's the same one. Here's the link...USTA Boys live webcam (http://146.113.47.100/view/index.shtml)

tennismom42
08-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Predictions?
Upset Alerts?

How about an umbrella? Wow what a lot of rain!
Lots of cancellations today, but not all cancelled. I heard B16d are being played.

Watching the expo last night was great! Michael Chang and Paul Goldstein were wonderful to watch. They are so crafty. They showed everyone some wonderful shot creation (and humor). They played against the #1 doubles team of Daniel Nguyen and Tennys Sandgren. Daniel's biggest handicap in his play was that his smile kept tripping him up. Ha! He was so humbled and excited to be out there.

We were on the stairs when Michael Change walked right past us from the upper parking lot with his wife/girlfriend. Based off her success at Stanford, she was qualified to beat up on all of those B18 year olds.

Many thanks are due from the kids & parents to the sponsors, staff & volunteers. This is indeed a very big event. Did you know this is the 67th year the Nats have been held at Kalamazoo? It is so funny how the locals treat my son like some kind of celebrity. We go to restaurants, stores, the exhibition and they are shocked & impressed that they are meeting a competitor in the event. It's special. I should hope the kids realize what an opportunity it is for them to be accepted.

Ice cream & blueberries are great at the nats!

I am looking forward to offloading my kid at the pasta party tonight then I get to go to the parents' BBQ & Beer/wine party

mtommer
08-08-2009, 08:10 PM
How about an umbrella? Wow what a lot of rain!

Yea, it was pretty heavy. How did you end up liking the Welcome Party social? I went but only stayed about 15-20 minutes, said hi to the few volunteers I now know and then took off to try get a ride in, hoping the rain didn't start again.