PDA

View Full Version : a quick question

Bach3387
04-08-2004, 07:15 PM
i know many pros use painted racquets, but i was wondering what pros use the actual frames that the racquet is painted like, and if they still put lead tape on these off the shelf frames? also, is it true, federer uses the off the shelf tour 90, or is it painted, or does he put lead tape on it? in addition, outside the top 20 pros, do they use off the shelf racquets or do these pros ranked over 20 still get painted frames? thanks

Swan Song
04-08-2004, 07:42 PM
The only (former) top 20 players who actually used an off the shelf frame was Martina Hingis.

tarheelbornjohn
04-09-2004, 08:33 AM
I also thought that either venis or serena used the off the shelf verions of the 6.6 Wilson Hammer.

tarheelbornjohn
04-09-2004, 08:34 AM
I think there are several players that use off the shelf racquets with major after the fact adjustments. Andy uses the BAB stick with about a pound of lead. MSafen uses the LM Prestige with lead. I am sure there are more.

david aames
04-09-2004, 09:42 AM
I think there are several players that use off the shelf racquets with major after the fact adjustments. Andy uses the BAB stick with about a pound of lead. MSafen uses the LM Prestige with lead. I am sure there are more.

No way Safin switched to LM Prestige. He's still using the Prestige Classic. If you look at pictures up close you can sometimes see the plastic grip guard bleeding over the overgrip.