PDA

View Full Version : Jankovic's eyes...

Lionheart392
08-04-2009, 03:28 PM
First of all let me state that Jankovic is one of my favourite players so this is in no way meant to bash her. :)
Has anyone else noticed that in the past year or so, her eyes seem to be a different shape? I remember when I first saw her play in 2007 and thought 'there's something almost Oriental-looking about her eyes' but now they seem a bit more rounded.

Compare:
2007 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BJbaNXI3sQ

2008 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri12MmYx6rM

Maybe it's the ageing process. Maybe she's actually an imposter and the old Jankovic is locked up somewhere. Maybe it was cosmetic surgery. Maybe I'm crazy (I think most people will bold that and agree). But has anyone else noticed? I'm intruiged.

flyinghippos101
08-04-2009, 03:31 PM
It wasn't the shape that has intrigued me, it was the soulessness within those eyes...

But seriously it was probably just the view of her

Kegzz
08-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Wasn't it her nose surgery or something like that? I find that in her pre-2008 pictures she looks completely different and I put it down to that surgery. I think she may have also lost weight off her face, I'm not 100% sure though.

Lionheart392
08-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Wasn't it her nose surgery or something like that? I find that in her pre-2008 pictures she looks completely different and I put it down to that surgery. I think she may have also lost weight off her face, I'm not 100% sure though.

I know she had nose surgery at the end of 2007 for a breathing problem but if it's not done for cosmetic purposes would it make that much of a difference to your appearance? It could be the reason though.

sdont
08-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Hard to say. But this kind of cosmetic surgery is popular in Asia. So it's possible.

I mean cosmetic surgery to round the eyes.

Lionheart392
08-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Hard to say. But this kind of cosmetic surgery is popular in Asia. So it's possible.

But Jankovic is Serbian :)
Unless you mean she could've gone to Asia to have it done.

sdont
08-04-2009, 03:45 PM
But Jankovic is Serbian :)
Unless you mean she could've gone to Asia to have it done.

I meant to say that this kind of surgery is not uncommon. She wouldn't have had to go to Asia to have it done.

Lionheart392
08-04-2009, 03:48 PM
I meant to say that this kind of surgery is not uncommon. She wouldn't have had to go to Asia to have it done.

Yeah I know in South Korea eyelid surgery is the modern craze among young girls :shock: I hope with Jankovic it wasn't done deliberately though coz I think she looked better before :)

Zeppy
08-04-2009, 03:51 PM
I sort of do see a slight difference in her eyes. Of course it may be a psychological effect since you pointed it out and I might be seeing things too.

There's actually people who does eyelid surgery to make their eyes more rounder? Wow.

tennisdad65
08-04-2009, 04:15 PM
I always thought jankovic was exotically beautiful because of her eyes. I hope she does not mess with them..

flyinghippos101
08-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Too bad her forehead detracts from her eyes

mzzmuaa
08-04-2009, 04:59 PM
I always thought she looked oriental.
Maybe she has an oriental father and a serbian mother. As everyone knows, the Serbians inherit the growth-inhibitory genes from the father while the chinese inherit the growth-inhibitory genes from the mother.
So it makes sense that the serbian mother/chinese father offspring will be bigger than either.
She might be sterile though.

Lionheart392
08-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Maybe she has an oriental father and a serbian mother. As everyone knows, the Serbians inherit the growth-inhibitory genes from the father while the chinese inherit the growth-inhibitory genes from the mother.
So it makes sense that the serbian mother/chinese father offspring will be bigger than either.

She was asked that in an interview a couple of years ago. She said as far as she knows all her ancestors are Serbian.

CountryHillbilly
08-04-2009, 11:49 PM
She got annoyed at being confused for an Asian apparently

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=92331

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=154726

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080902023737AAB513H

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=133383

goyeji
08-04-2009, 11:53 PM
She got annoyed at being confused for an Asian apparently

I am going to go check on my yacht. I heard some noise from the marina earlier.

Gen
08-04-2009, 11:54 PM

Jancovic is a 100% Chinese name:mrgreen:

antoaneta71
08-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Jankovic had nose and eyelid surgery in the end of 2007 where have you all been that's a known fact

viduka0101
08-05-2009, 04:03 AM
I fell in love with an alien
I fell in love with her eyes

pound cat
08-05-2009, 04:08 AM

There were centuries of migration from the east all over Russia. Vikings also came from the north, so you get a huge mix of people...some with Asian traits, some with high cheekbones.

Anastasia Myskina was also exotic lookiing. Safin has somewhat almond shaped eyes...his background is Tatar. (East of Russia)

http://blogs.straitstimes.com/assets/2009/1/21/blog-safin.jpg?1232538021

Gorecki
08-05-2009, 04:24 AM
after her words on number one question, i believe she was also brainwashed by Mr Williams. how soon she forgot what Fedbag said about her...

i'm very very disaponted at her!

Lionheart392
08-05-2009, 04:27 AM
Jankovic had nose and eyelid surgery in the end of 2007 where have you all been that's a known fact

It was common knowledge that she had nose surgery for non-cosmetic reasons, it was to fix a breathing problem. Since when did she say she had eyelid surgery :shock:

OJ ROD
08-05-2009, 06:24 AM

How about for Puertoricans and irish.

antoaneta71
08-05-2009, 07:27 AM
It was common knowledge that she had nose surgery for non-cosmetic reasons, it was to fix a breathing problem. Since when did she say she had eyelid surgery :shock:

Didn't they all say, that it was for fixing breathing problem,her nose shape is really different now ,Novak also had surgury, but his nose is same.When she had nose job she had also eyelid surgery ,it was done at same time.

Drago
08-05-2009, 07:46 AM
There were centuries of migration from the east all over Russia. Vikings also came from the north, so you get a huge mix of people...some with Asian traits, some with high cheekbones.

Anastasia Myskina was also exotic lookiing. Safin has somewhat almond shaped eyes...his background is Tatar. (East of Russia)

Yes it is very common to see Asian traits in the people who is living in Balkans and Russia.

OroDeSantoro
08-05-2009, 08:23 AM
She looks like an alien

sureshs
08-05-2009, 08:29 AM
She looks like an alien

You mean she looks like an alien as visualized in the movies, and a real alien, even if it existed, may not look like that at all.

OroDeSantoro
08-05-2009, 08:38 AM
You mean she looks like an alien as visualized in the movies, and a real alien, even if it existed, may not look like that at all.

She looks like an alien

Oui, c'est moi.
08-05-2009, 08:43 AM
The difference is that in the second clip she's wearing more make-up.

Tiny bit of eye make up can make a huge impact.

Golden Retriever
08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Mongolian eyes. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Actually I am quite attracted to that kind of eyes.......in some case.

CCNM
08-05-2009, 10:44 AM
My mom thinks she looks like a Native American Indian. I think she's Cher's secret love child.:) Anyway, she's pretty.