PDA

View Full Version : The voice of reason, aka Talk Tennis posters

TheFifthSet
08-04-2009, 04:27 PM
How we go by responding to a troll

_________________________-

1. Spot a troll.

2. Reply to the troll. *cringe* Reply to the troll. *facepalm* Reply to the troll. *ugggh* Reply to the troll. *meow* Reply to the troll. *ghsidfhsia*

2a) 15 pages later . . . Reply to troll. Reply to troll. Reply to troll. Reply to troll.

3. Throughout this ordeal, assert that you are sick of this troll, that you hate his guts, that they are the bottom of the barrel, or better yet, that they can't even scrape the bottom of the barrel, that they are wasting your time, etc. etc. etc. Continue to reply to the troll, of course. Ignore the various posters that request that you simply ignore the troll and not add more flame to the fire by giving their thread the attention that they oh so crave.

4. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Is it just me, or is there just something flawed in that line of reasoning? I can't put my finger on it.

Serendipitous
08-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I think I'll reply to you now. :wink:

TheFifthSet
08-04-2009, 04:37 PM
. . . . :):):):)

Lionheart392
08-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Oh I know trolls should simply be ignored, but most people probably won't admit that they get pleasure out of debating with them, as futile as it may be. I can't deny that I thoroughly enjoy a thrilling discussion with the lovely Julesb. :)

Serendipitous
08-04-2009, 04:38 PM
To the OP: I agree with you.

But you have to admit, it's quite fun to respond to trolls like myself. :)

TheFifthSet
08-04-2009, 04:41 PM
To the OP: I agree with you.

But you have to admit, it's quite fun to respond to trolls like myself. :)

as far as haters go, you're my cup of tea, seren-d. :) ;) :twisted:

Serendipitous
08-04-2009, 04:42 PM
as far as haters go, you're my cup of tea, seren-d. :) ;) :twisted:

Thank you! :twisted:

TheFifthSet
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Vivalavida

TheFifthSet
08-04-2009, 04:47 PM

Serendipitous
08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Vivalavida

What about him? :)

drakulie
08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Yet another thread dedicated to me.

Lionheart392
08-04-2009, 04:59 PM

Your sig is so un-PC :twisted:

Serendipitous
08-04-2009, 05:01 PM

Is your signature actually something Nadal said? :wink:

lawrence
08-04-2009, 05:04 PM

1. Spot a troll.

2. Reply to the troll. *cringe* Reply to the troll. *facepalm* Reply to the troll. *ugggh* Reply to the troll. *meow* Reply to the troll. *ghsidfhsia*

2a) 15 pages later . . . Reply to troll. Reply to troll. Reply to troll. Reply to troll.

3. Throughout this ordeal, assert that you are sick of this troll, that you hate his guts, that they are the bottom of the barrel, or better yet, that they can't even scrape the bottom of the barrel, that they are wasting your time, etc. etc. etc. Continue to reply to the troll, of course. Ignore the various posters that request that you simply ignore the troll and not add more flame to the fire by giving their thread the attention that they oh so crave.

Is it just me, or is there just something flawed in that line of reasoning? I can't put my finger on it.

Oh I know trolls should simply be ignored, but most people probably won't admit that they get pleasure out of debating with them, as futile as it may be. I can't deny that I thoroughly enjoy a thrilling discussion with the lovely Julesb. :)

10characters

TheFifthSet
08-04-2009, 05:04 PM

Drakulie, you're a troll killer. You are as antithetical to trolls as Vladimir Guerrero is to the Texas Rangers. A 40 game hit streak against one team? WTF?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

What about him? :)

His avator is so spunky, it makes me want to purchase the third season of House and binge on my favorite doctor (ooooh, that doesn't sound right, does it?)

drakulie
08-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Is your signature actually something Nadal said? :wink:

well, if you base it on his actions>>> then, "yes".

Serendipitous
08-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Drakulie, you're a troll killer. You are as antithetical to trolls as Vladimir Guerrero is to the Texas Rangers. A 40 game hit streak against one team? WTF?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

His avator is so spunky, it makes me want to purchase the third season of House and binge on my favorite doctor (ooooh, that doesn't sound right, does it?)

Lol, funny.....:D

drakulie
08-04-2009, 05:08 PM

this post brings tears to my eyes. :)

08-04-2009, 05:10 PM

Where do you play in Ft. Lauderdale?

drakulie
08-04-2009, 05:15 PM

Lauderdale Tennis Club, amongst other places. Are you in the area???

Tiberius
08-04-2009, 05:16 PM

Careful Drak...This might be N_F or Veroniq in disguise... :D

wyutani
08-04-2009, 05:17 PM
dun understand the point of this thread.

drakulie
08-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Careful Drak...This might be N_F or Veroniq in disguise... :D

LOL. I'd actually like to meet the Freak. :)

Lionheart392
08-04-2009, 05:20 PM

You could do lunch?

Serendipitous
08-04-2009, 05:22 PM

Did he get banned? :(

drakulie
08-04-2009, 05:23 PM
You could do lunch?

That would be nice. We could talk about why he dishes on Nadal so much, and makes him out to be the biggest wuss on tour.

Lifted
08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Did he get banned? :(

No, he stopped posting to take a break from the threads (which sounds like a good idea), and then signed up under a new username for a "fresh start." I won't tell you who he is so he can keep his freshness. ;)

JeMar
08-04-2009, 07:23 PM

1. Spot a troll.

It's not hypocritical to complain about the complainers. Nope, it's not.

Sentinel
08-04-2009, 07:53 PM
ugh, you've buried nbmj :twisted::twisted:

TheFifthSet
08-04-2009, 08:27 PM
It's not hypocritical to complain about the complainers. Nope, it's not.

not really, no. one thread among thousands, this isn't really incessant complaining. alright, i'm venting. but still, i just find it self-refuting that some posters are b'yatchin' about how trollish threads have taken over this sub-forum, yet continue to add fuel to the fire by responding to them. don't get me wrong, sometimes i'll indulge myself and argue with a problem child, but i like to think that i have the restraint to stop after a few rounds.

i'm a nole/fed fan and i like nadal, so i'm not just singling out any group of fans, just FTR.