PDA

View Full Version : Rafael Nadal on his return, Federer, and Davis Cup

jamesblakefan#1
08-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Didn't feel like going through the other thread to see if someone already posted this. If so I apologize.

Spanish paper Marca published a lengthy interview with Rafael Nadal on Tuesday, wherein the Spaniard discusses his return to Montreal (he travels to Canada on Wednesday), his plans for the rest of the season (he’s busy) and, of course, his rival and the “best in history,” Roger Federer.

Nadal tells Marca: “I do not know if I am 100% better, I hope so, but no one realizes until one is in competition.”

“I wanted to be sure,” Nadal said of his decision to play in Montreal, “I’ve trained for four days with little pain, I feel confident running and now is the time to try.”

And Nadal is giving himself plenty of chances to try for the rest of the season. He says if his knees hold up, he will make few changes to his busy playing schedule.

“Davis Cup is always on my calendar.” Nadal says of Spain’s home semifinal against Israel this September. Rafa also lists the following tournaments as on his schedule: “Montreal, Cincinnati, U.S. Open, Davis Cup, if I’m called upon and have no setbacks, then Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai, Paris and London.”

He keeps hopes modest when it comes to completing his career Slam at the US Open this year:

"I do not know. It depends on different things. How the two previous tournaments go, how my knees respond, that all depends on whether I reach the U.S. Open with the confidence to say, look, I’m ready. If I see that I had doubts in Montreal and Cincinnati, it will be more difficult. I could make the semis and quarter finals in both tournaments and have bad feelings, or make the second and third round and be more prepared."

Nadal says that he is not worried about possibly falling to No. 3 in the world by the US Open, and is happy to count his copious blessings:

"I’m fine where I am and happy for everything that has happened to me, despite my injuries. I am aware that I have 23 years of a happy life and sport and I will be back to work. . .My goal is not to think of the number 1 or 2. My goal is to feel happy and playing competitively and continuing to win big tournaments."

When asked if Roger Federer benefited by his absence the past couple months, Rafa takes the high road:

“Federer is where he deserves to be. Numbers tell and that is the reality.”

Nadal says that Roger is a definite candidate for the GOAT:

“(Federer) is the best in the history that I’ve lived, that’s for sure,” but that Rod Laver’s accomplishments can’t be overlooked. “One must wait for Federer to finish his career to know.“

“I was happy for him (Federer) because I think he deserved it.” Nadal said of Roger’s win at Roland Garros, though he admitted to playing golf during the final. He has not yet watched the tape of his Roland Garros defeat to Robin Soderling, for obvious reasons:

"It was one of the few times that I have not had control of the situation at any time. It was painful, of course. For everything, everything that was happening. Not only for the defeat at Roland Garros, which I would not always win, but for the moment, because I had knee problems for quite some time, had a season emotionally a little hard and when all things come together and the blow fell in my dream tournament – then comes the slump."

When asked if he thinks he can reach Federer’s major total of 15, Nadal is doubtful, saying he is still has a ways to go just to make it to double digits:

“I’m not saying it can’t be achieved (winning 10 majors) but I have always gone step by step. Both in my life and my career. I think in the morning, am I going to train and train well?“

http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/c/4/f/7/Rafael_Nadal_Pre_76f7.jpg?adImageId=2098432&imageId=5606693

Read more: http://www.gototennisblog.com/2009/08/04/rafael-nadal-on-his-return-to-montreal-roger-federer-and-davis-cup/#ixzz0NHMP8eNQ

goyeji
08-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Wow, Nadal is such a perfect sportsman and gentleman. Funny how he isn't too worried about dropping to No. 3 in the rankings before the USO. The possibility of facing Federer in the semis must be exciting - a virtual walkover into the final for Nadal.

namelessone
08-04-2009, 09:00 PM
It's a nice article but Nadal is crazy if the thinks he can play that many tournaments on hard:Montreal, Cincinnati, U.S. Open,Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai, Paris and London.

This is a guy who is coming off a 2 months rest period after tendinitis problems.If he pounds his knees week after week on HC I doubt he makes it to TMC.

Can't wait for Montreal.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Didn't feel like going through the other thread to see if someone already posted this. If so I apologize.

http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/c/4/f/7/Rafael_Nadal_Pre_76f7.jpg?adImageId=2098432&imageId=5606693

Read more: http://www.gototennisblog.com/2009/08/04/rafael-nadal-on-his-return-to-montreal-roger-federer-and-davis-cup/#ixzz0NHMP8eNQ
That was a nice article...He said some interesting things...still, not a fan of him

sdont
08-05-2009, 12:40 AM

Looks like Rafa didn't learn the lesson...

Concerning the image http://photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com/

Enigma_87
08-05-2009, 12:43 AM
I don't think Rafa should play in the DC. Verdasco and Lopez got what it takes to beat Israel. He should take it easy and try to make a lighter schedule come the HC season.

It'll be pity if we can't see a proper YET with no Nadal in the seeds.

mandy01
08-05-2009, 12:49 AM
This contradicts what he said earlier about how he would've liked to stay no 1 for a while longer.I dont buy it esp.since it was hardly a week ago.
That said I wont be surprised to see him come back strong because he always does after a break.

Cesc Fabregas
08-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Nadal praises Federer and *******s still aren't happy...sigh.

sureshs
08-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Nadal is so humble and gracious - he could have easily said that Fed's last two Slams were bogus, but he took the high road.

His knee pain and emotional issues (divorce) have affected him, and they seem more genuine than Fed's "mono" and "back pain."

theroleoftheunderdog
08-05-2009, 07:30 AM
Nadal is so humble and gracious - he could have easily said that Fed's last two Slams were bogus, but he took the high road.

His knee pain and emotional issues (divorce) have affected him, and they seem more genuine than Fed's "mono" and "back pain."

HAHAHAHAHA "more genuine" HAHAHAHAHA

bruce38
08-05-2009, 07:33 AM
He's a big faker. He says his knee has been bothering him for some time yet he manages one of the best starts of his career in 2009. Magically those same troublesome knees just happen to knock him out of the FO. The same knees which gave him such early success. Uhhh, how about we consult Occam's razor? He lost simply because Soderling was better than him on that day. He's just not as consistent on his best surface as Fed is on his best surfaceS.

OroDeSantoro
08-05-2009, 07:35 AM

I don't understand this at all... How could he have easily said that the last two slams were bogus? How is not saying that "the high road"? How can his problems "seem more genuine"? This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read...

Speranza
08-05-2009, 07:45 AM
I don't understand this at all... How could he have easily said that the last two slams were bogus? How is not saying that "the high road"? How can his problems "seem more genuine"? This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read...

Really? Do a search on some other of the poster's Fed bashing, you're bound to find a few more even more ridiculous, IMO. :)

(Actually, it looks like I confused Sureshs with another poster - apologies. I won't delete the above however - although I agree with many points he's raised in the past, I don't with this one and the continual 'last 2 grand slams not being valid wins' etc..)

Nadalfan89
08-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Such a good sportsman...

Truly the GOAT

bluetrain4
08-05-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm surprised that he'd go through with a full fall schedule. I get the necessity of everything leading up to the USO and Davis Cup, but the fall indoor tournaments will just add wear to his body.

He's in a difficult position. Knowing that he doesn't have the healthiest knees, does he try to pace himself with regular rest intervals (which limits the "groove" he can get into) in an effort to prolong his career, or does he just try to get as much play in as reasonably possible before having to hang it up. Regardless, even if he chose option number two and played a fairly packed schedule the rest of the year, I don't get why he'd play so much in the fall.

As always a humble gentleman.

namelessone
08-05-2009, 08:02 AM
He's a big faker. He says his knee has been bothering him for some time yet he manages one of the best starts of his career in 2009. Magically those same troublesome knees just happen to knock him out of the FO. The same knees which gave him such early success. Uhhh, how about we consult Occam's razor? He lost simply because Soderling was better than him on that day. He's just not as consistent on his best surface as Fed is on his best surfaceS.

And how do you know he is a faker? Can you read minds?

I don't see what is so spectacular in Nadal's long break from tennis.Last year after another tendinitis flare-up he stayed on the bench 2 and a half months,missing very important events like TMC and Davis Cup finals.
He rested from 31 Oct 08'-20 Jan 09',when AO 09' started.We all know what happened there.His knees took a beating in tough matches like the simon one,the semifinal with verdasco and the final with federer.The result? In the following tournament,in rotterdam, he got injured in the final.By his own account he has been playing with pain since Monte Carlo.So it's not like he is making this stuff up.

No one retires from Wimbledon unless they've got real issues,and trust me they aren't low confidence,but bum knees.Obviously losing at the FO couldn't have done any good but Nadal would have loved nothing more that to come back strong for Wimbledon.Unfortunately for him and his fans,his knees didn't allow him to.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Such a good sportsman...

Truly the GOAT
Yes, the GOAT of having illegal substances in your body, and practicing like a maniac before and DURING Wimbledon, then all of a sudden INJURED...oh yeah,remarkable.

Aabye
08-05-2009, 08:07 AM
That was a nice article...He said some interesting things...still, not a fan of him

See, you don't have to be a fan to realize he isn't a bad kid. Just like I still don't care for Federer but I can admit he's probably the GOAT.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 08:08 AM
See, you don't have to be a fan to realize he isn't a bad kid. Just like I still don't care for Federer but I can admit he's probably the GOAT.
Yeah , i wrote that before i found out a bunch of things today...in another thread, a strong case.

Aabye
08-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Yes, the GOAT of having illegal substances in your body, and practicing like a maniac before and DURING Wimbledon, then all of a sudden INJURED...oh yeah,remarkable.

And you don't have to be a genius to realize that your comments tend toward the skewed. :-?

Aabye
08-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Yeah , i wrote that before i found out a bunch of things today...in another thread, a strong case.

Drak spreading his "theories" again. Hey, just between us, I've got this bridge, see...

bruce38
08-05-2009, 08:13 AM
And how do you know he is a faker? Can you read minds?

I don't see what is so spectacular in Nadal's long break from tennis.Last year after another tendinitis flare-up he stayed on the bench 2 and a half months,missing very important events like TMC and Davis Cup finals.
He rested from 31 Oct 08'-20 Jan 09',when AO 09' started.We all know what happened there.His knees took a beating in tough matches like the simon one,the semifinal with verdasco and the final with federer.The result? In the following tournament,in rotterdam, he got injured in the final.By his own account he has been playing with pain since Monte Carlo.So it's not like he is making this stuff up.

No one retires from Wimbledon unless they've got real issues,and trust me they aren't low confidence,but bum knees.Obviously losing at the FO couldn't have done any good but Nadal would have loved nothing more that to come back strong for Wimbledon.Unfortunately for him and his fans,his knees didn't allow him to.

Yes I read minds. Anymore questions you naive little girl?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Drak spreading his "theories" again. Hey, just between us, I've got this bridge, see...
Yes, well his "theories" really made a lot of sense, and who are you to totally dismiss that, what IF Nadal has used some forbidden substances, how big of a jackass would that make you?

Aabye
08-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Yes, well his "theories" really made a lot of sense, and who are you to totally dismiss that, what IF Nadal has used some forbidden substances, how big of a jackass would that make you?

Who am I? A person with more than a smidgen of common sense, who doesn't believe in declaring people guilty based on circumstantial evidence. And given the fact that the ATP hasn't kicked out Nadal yet it seems a lot of people in that organization share my sentiments.

If Nadal did use drugs there would be a lot of bigger problems then my frequent posts defending him. It would imply that the past five years have been a complete sham, that a GOAT candidate was cheated out of many a GS, that the ATP was derelict in their duty, that Mac would never be able to raise his vocie again he would be so heartbroken. All of those things are slightly bigger than one little poster feeling completely bummed because one of their favorite players ended up being a liar and cheater.

And if Rafa comes back, never gets busted for drugs, and wins more Slams, how much of libelous idiot does that make drak? One honking big one.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 08:28 AM

nadals physique is bigger than federers because he dopes. relax duck

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 08:30 AM
nadals physique is bigger than federers because he dopes. relax duck
Why did he practice like a maniac before and D U R I N G Wimbledon and suddenly withdrew???

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Who am I? A person with more than a smidgen of common sense, who doesn't believe in declaring people guilty based on circumstantial evidence. And given the fact that the ATP hasn't kicked out Nadal yet it seems a lot of people in that organization share my sentiments.

If Nadal did use drugs there would be a lot of bigger problems then my frequent posts defending him. It would imply that the past five years have been a complete sham, that a GOAT candidate was cheated out of many a GS, that the ATP was derelict in their duty, that Mac would never be able to raise his vocie again he would be so heartbroken. All of those things are slightly bigger than one little poster feeling completely bummed because one of their favorite players ended up being a liar and cheater.

And if Rafa comes back, never gets busted for drugs, and wins more Slams, how much of libelous idiot does that make drak? One honking big one.

You are blessed with common sense, thats nice, and i agree with what you say but one cant help to wonder when the circumstnces are being a little weird, it would be a lot easier trying to explain my doubts towards him in Swedish but i guess u are American or British right?

yung goon
08-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Why did he practice like a maniac before and D U R I N G Wimbledon and suddenly withdrew???

practice and playing matches are completely different.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 08:37 AM
practice and playing matches are completely different.
It is, but NOT for Nadal, that you really should know!! He practices like it was his last practice ever or as if it was a Slam-final. Ive even seen him practice 2 times.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 08:41 AM
basically what your saying is that nadal withdrew from wimbledon so his dope would wear off and dissapear?

namelessone
08-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Yes I read minds. Anymore questions you naive little girl?

Nice mature attitude:rolleyes:

Since you imply he was faking his injury after RG,do you mind adressing Nadal's long break last year? Why did he skip TMC(an important event he has never won) and Davis Cup final(which meant very much to him)?
I'm guessing he didn't have tendinitis last year,right? He must have been making it up.

I don't know what I find more disturbing:the fact that people actually think that Nadal is faking his injury(a guy who has had a lot of problems over the years) or that some of them believe the wimbledon withdrawal is due to low confidence.I can already see Nadal saying to himself: "no way I'm winning wimbledon this year.Better pull out.Sure,I'll be losing the chance to defend my hard earned title from last year,I'll give Federer the nr.1 position again after fighting 160 weeks to get it but ah,screw it.I'd rather relax by the pool.Oh,and since drakulie knows I'm doping I'm better off staying at home.
Tio Toni,I'll be holding a press conference tonight".

Hilarious....

jamesblakefan#1
08-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Please keep the doping evidence out of here. Either give concrete evidence, or it's not true. You think the ATP and ITF would really cover up for Nadal? Nadal is not bigger than the sport of tennis, and if a cover up was discovered, it would kill the sport of tennis. You think they'd risk the sport to cover Nadal's ass? Come on, let's be serious here guys.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 08:45 AM
theyre just bein fanboys. if it was federer itd be 100% different

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 08:46 AM
basically what your saying is that nadal withdrew from wimbledon so his dope would wear off and dissapear?
I think Roger Federer is the best player that ever lived...Every kid playing tennis in the world really should look up to him as a role-model,and tennis-wise due to his excellent technique...I dont really have anything against Nadal, i can appreciate Nadal giving Federer trouble, and i respect what Nadal has achieved at such a young age...but this really does not make any sense to me...soi guess i am leaning towards that it can be that way,Yes.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Please keep the doping evidence out of here. Either give concrete evidence, or it's not true. You think the ATP and ITF would really cover up for Nadal? Nadal is not bigger than the sport of tennis, and if a cover up was discovered, it would kill the sport of tennis. You think they'd risk the sport to cover Nadal's ass? Come on, let's be serious here guys.
If someone wants to speculate about it, where should they then do it? In a street-corner or on a board? I respect u and i think you are a great poster but it shouldnt be sssccchhh:d down all the time, ppl have the right to talk about it and speculate about it.

jamesblakefan#1
08-05-2009, 08:50 AM
If someone wants to speculate about it, where should they then do it? In a street-corner or on a board? I respect u and i think you are a great poster but it shouldnt be sssccchhh:d down all the time, ppl have the right to talk about it and speculate about it.

I mean, but not in every thread related to Nadal. If you don't have evidence, why try to bring it up in every single thread unless it is a fact. It seems you guys are discussing it in the other thread, so why feel the need to bring it up in this one?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 08:52 AM
I mean, but not in every thread related to Nadal. If you don't have evidence, why try to bring it up in every single thread unless it is a fact. It seems you guys are discussing it in the other thread, so why feel the need to bring it up in this one?
You are right, that probably was my fault, i was a little shocked when i read it in another thread, thought about it a little bit...then posted it here, OK. My bad, and i might add, i R E A L L Y hope he has done nothing wrong. That would totally mess up tennis-history for the last 5 years:shock:

bruce38
08-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Nice mature attitude:rolleyes:

Since you imply he was faking his injury after RG,do you mind adressing Nadal's long break last year? Why did he skip TMC(an important event he has never won) and Davis Cup final(which meant very much to him)?
I'm guessing he didn't have tendinitis last year,right? He must have been making it up.

I don't know what I find more disturbing:the fact that people actually think that Nadal is faking his injury(a guy who has had a lot of problems over the years) or that some of them believe the wimbledon withdrawal is due to low confidence.I can already see Nadal saying to himself: "no way I'm winning wimbledon this year.Better pull out.Sure,I'll be losing the chance to defend my hard earned title from last year,I'll give Federer the nr.1 position again after fighting 160 weeks to get it but ah,screw it.I'd rather relax by the pool.Oh,and since drakulie knows I'm doping I'm better off staying at home.
Tio Toni,I'll be holding a press conference tonight".

Hilarious....

Better still why don't you explain how with this so-called injury he destroys the first 3 contenders he faced, including annihilating Leyton Hewitt with the bad knees. And then magically, those knees got bad in the 4th round which causes him to lose to Soderling. Can you pin point a place in the match where they suddenly went bad? And those SAME knees which then result him losing an exhibition match a week later to the SAME Hewitt that he just crushed a week earlier with the SAME knees. Explain that ex-lax. The only reasonable explanation? Yes he has had tendonitis, but that didn't stop him from starting is best ever season in 2009. It also didn't stop him from getting to the 4th round of the FO. And they also were NOT the cause of him losing to Soderling or magically missing Wimby. He has aches, like all professional athletes, and he blamed his loss to the guy he hates in Soderling, on his "injury". No doubt they bother him, but they did not cause all of this. Ok? Happy fairy princess?

yung goon
08-05-2009, 08:55 AM
I think Roger Federer is the best player that ever lived...Every kid playing tennis in the world really should look up to him as a role-model,and tennis-wise due to his excellent technique...I dont really have anything against Nadal, i can appreciate Nadal giving Federer trouble, and i respect what Nadal has achieved at such a young age...but this really does not make any sense to me...soi guess i am leaning towards that it can be that way,Yes.

you dont respect nadal at all judging by your posts on tt. everyone here knows that. you just want to kick a man while hes down. i guess gael monfils is doping too since hes buff and didnt play wimbledon. seriously give it a rest duck. your losing respect with every post

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 08:58 AM
you dont respect nadal at all judging by your posts on tt. everyone here knows that. you just want to kick a man while hes down. i guess gael monfils is doping too since hes buff and didnt play wimbledon. seriously give it a rest duck. your losing respect with every post
Oh sure "duck" (whatever the hell that means) Im not the one who got banned, so i guess your respect around here aint that high either.

Aabye
08-05-2009, 08:58 AM
You are blessed with common sense, thats nice, and i agree with what you say but one cant help to wonder when the circumstnces are being a little weird, it would be a lot easier trying to explain my doubts towards him in Swedish but i guess u are American or British right?

Yes, unfortunately Swedish is not one of the languages I speak. As far as the circumstances being weird? Not extremely, and it certainly doesn't point towards drugs. At worst, it points to the slight possibility that Nadal WAS really injured and decided to play a stupid exo for the money. In that case, he would be a greedy punk, but not a cheater and not a coward.

It is, but NOT for Nadal, that you really should know!! He practices like it was his last practice ever or as if it was a Slam-final. Ive even seen him practice 2 times.

Ooh, this concept of Nadal as a superb practice player has been going around for a long time. Where did you see him practice? At a Slam or at home? If it was at a Slam then it can't really be trusted. I've read Federer is very lax at Slams, but when in Dubai he really pushes himself. Rafa could be the opposite.

They can speculate about it here, and on a street-corner if they wish. Both have the same amount of credibility. But don't go around claiming you have "proof" and "evidence" unless you either want to get hounded forever or you're willing to back it up.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:00 AM
I respect what he has A C H I E V E D on the tenniscourts around the world, but i dont respect the time-delaying, the butt-picking ,that something always is wrong when he loses etc, no i dont.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Oh sure "duck" (whatever the hell that means) Im not the one who got banned, so i guess your respect around here aint that high either.

it means you duck questions. and im not quite sure who you are talking about since ive never been banned. just because someone doesnt post on here every single day doesnt mean theyre banned.

Aabye
08-05-2009, 09:03 AM
I respect what he has A C H I E V E D on the tenniscourts around the world, but i dont respect the time-delaying, the butt-picking ,that something always is wrong when he loses etc, no i dont.

Love him or hate him, don't spread lies and rumors. And be careful of those lies and rumors you read on the internet.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Yes, unfortunately Swedish is not one of the languages I speak. As far as the circumstances being weird? Not extremely, and it certainly doesn't point towards drugs. At worst, it points to the slight possibility that Nadal WAS really injured and decided to play a stupid exo for the money. In that case, he would be a greedy punk, but not a cheater and not a coward.

Ooh, this concept of Nadal as a superb practice player has been going around for a long time. Where did you see him practice? At a Slam or at home? If it was at a Slam then it can't really be trusted. I've read Federer is very lax at Slams, but when in Dubai he really pushes himself. Rafa could be the opposite.

They can speculate about it here, and on a street-corner if they wish. Both have the same amount of credibility. But don't go around claiming you have "proof" and "evidence" unless you either want to get hounded forever or you're willing to back it up.

I dont think he will need that kind of pocket-change that exos give.
I saw him practice during week one of Wimby 2008 and Us Open 2008, he practiced as if there was no tomorrow.
I dont have proof, but i think i am entitled to speculate all i want. He is probably not ( i hope not) doping but i still think what happened before Wimbledon was really strange, I mean still..he was the defending champion.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:05 AM
it means you duck questions. and im not quite sure who you are talking about since ive never been banned. just because someone doesnt post on here every single day doesnt mean theyre banned.
Alright then , i got u mixed up with someone else then.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:05 AM

im willing to bet that whenever fed loses to nadal you blame it on federer playing bad. or nadal juicing. which means you D O N T respect what hes achieved

Aabye
08-05-2009, 09:07 AM
I dont think he will need that kind of pocket-change that exos give.
I saw him practice during week one of Wimby 2008 and Us Open 2008, he practiced as if there was no tomorrow.
I dont have proof, but i think i am entitled to speculate all i want. He is probably not ( i hope not) doping but i still think what happened before Wimbledon was really strange, I mean still..he was the defending champion.

You are speculating. Drakulie is rumormongering until he offers proof.
Like I said, how Federer practices at Slams is not the way he really practices.
You don't need proof to speculate, although if you don't have at least one or two articles to foment your story, most people will assume your speculations are based purely on a fertile imagination and blatant bias. Neither of those things get a lot of respect on these boards.
Injuries are strange in general.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:10 AM
You are speculating. Drakulie is rumormongering until he offers proof.
Like I said, how Federer practices at Slams is not the way he really practices.
You don't need proof to speculate, although if you don't have at least one or two articles to foment your story, most people will assume your speculations are based purely on a fertile imagination and blatant bias. Neither of those things get a lot of respect on these boards.
Injuries are strange in general.
Respected or not around here i could care less about, im pretty satisfied with what i have achieved in tennis. Alright then fair enough, we might collide again in the future...until then.. Have a nice day

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:11 AM
im willing to bet that whenever fed loses to nadal you blame it on federer playing bad. or nadal juicing. which means you D O N T respect what hes achieved
I usually blame it on small margins.
What do you blame when Nadal loses to Fed?

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:13 AM
I usually blame it on small margins.
What do you blame when Nadal loses to Fed?

well it rarely happens, but when it does ill admit when fed played better than him. like madrid, or wimbledon 2 yrs ago. but i still believe that if a healthy nadal had played the french and wimbledon fed would be considering retirement right now.

Aabye
08-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Respected or not around here i could care less about, im pretty satisfied with what i have achieved in tennis. Alright then fair enough, we might collide again in the future...until then.. Have a nice day

We've collided before, so I wouldn't be surprised. Trevlig dag!

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:16 AM
well it rarely happens, but when it does ill admit when fed played better than him. like madrid, or wimbledon 2 yrs ago. but i still believe that if a healthy nadal had played the french and wimbledon fed would be considering retirement right now.
Im sure many ppl care about what u believe, unfortunately you will never find out because Roger swept the double

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:16 AM
We've collided before, so I wouldn't be surprised. Trevlig dag!
Heyy, do u speak Swedish?:) You said u didnt

Aabye
08-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Heyy, do u speak Swedish?:) You said u didnt

Jag talar bara litet svenska. (My speaking is slightly better than my typing so that might be wrong.)

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Im sure many ppl care about what u believe, unfortunately you will never find out because Roger swept the double

alot of people agree with me that fed wouldnt have a chance at roland garros and wouldntve won at wimbledon. I dont make ridiculous claims like nadal is only where he is now because he takes steroids.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:21 AM
alot of people agree with me that fed wouldnt have a chance at roland garros and wouldntve won at wimbledon. I dont make ridiculous claims like nadal is only where he is now because he takes steroids.
Im sure they do, does that give a great deal of satisfaction? Who cares? Not Federers fans i can tell you, duck!:) Gotta get my lunch now, i set the timer on 15-6

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Jag talar bara litet svenska. (My speaking is slightly better than my typing so that might be wrong.)
Thats great:) Just remove the "t" from "lite" t then its correct!

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:23 AM
But hey, Nadal WAS IN the draw at French, sure Soderling totally bulldozed him but he still competed!

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:26 AM
fed should still be at thirteen and you know it. you can keep telling yourself that federer is better than nadal but you dont truly believe it. think about that while you eat your bigmac

drwood
08-05-2009, 09:27 AM
I don't understand the point of the Nadal bashing and innuendos about PEDs. Nadal is a legend, a great champion, and a humble presence (his treatment of Federer after the 2009 Aus Open alone should be indication of that); he deserves the respect that comes with that.

I usually root for Federer when they play, but that doesn't mean that Nadal should be torn down...at age 23 he is already every bit as much of a legend as Edberg and probably even moreso than Becker. His greatness actually elevates Federer, b/c Sampras during his prime (93-98.) faced no one as good as Nadal on a consistent basis (remember, Agassi peaked and won 5 of his 8 slams after Sampras' prime).

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:30 AM
fed should still be at thirteen and you know it. you can keep telling yourself that federer is better than nadal but you dont truly believe it. think about that while you eat your bigmac
Lol, seriously...i gotta give it to you, my friend just came over with a big mac:) Before the FO and the Wimbledon i thought that Nadal would win FO and Fed would win Wimby, but plz dont put it like Nadal didnt play in the FO, he did and he lost to the biggest star my country has right now.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't understand the point of the Nadal bashing and innuendos about PEDs. Nadal is a legend, a great champion, and a humble presence (his treatment of Federer after the 2009 Aus Open alone should be indication of that); he deserves the respect that comes with that.

I usually root for Federer when they play, but that doesn't mean that Nadal should be torn down...at age 23 he is already every bit as much of a legend as Edberg and probably even moreso than Becker. His greatness actually elevates Federer, b/c Sampras during his prime (93-98.) faced no one as good as Nadal on a consistent basis (remember, Agassi peaked and won 5 of his 8 slams after Sampras' prime).

agree.10char

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Lol, seriously...i gotta give it to you, my friend just came over with a big mac:) Before the FO and the Wimbledon i thought that Nadal would win FO and Fed would win Wimby, but plz dont put it like Nadal didnt play in the FO, he did and he lost to the biggest star my country has right now.

ill give it to soderling, but he doesnt beat a healthy nadal im sorry

veritech
08-05-2009, 09:37 AM

i imagine *********s like yourself will be saying this and crying over the next few decades. i'm sure it hurts that roger has 15. sorry, but face the reality. nadal wasn't strong enough to defend his titles.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:39 AM
He was healthy in that match, or else you dont beat Hewitt that easily! His highest level is insane, ill tell you that for sure!!
1 out of 10 times he beats Nadal plain and simple on clay,that one time came at FO this year, Nadal aint superhuman. Have u seen the match?? (be honest) What could he have done?? Soderling made him run like a maniac for 3.5 hours! Tormenting him from side to side

VivalaVida
08-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Federer is better than Nadal. 15>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6. And Federer beat Nadal at Madrid. Soderling beat Nadal at Paris. :cry: Think about that while you eat you eat your tv dinners.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:40 AM
i imagine *********s like yourself will be saying this and crying over the next few decades. i'm sure it hurts that roger has 15. sorry, but face the reality. nadal wasn't strong enough to defend his titles.
Thank you...now im not ONLY sorrounded by Nadal-*****, nice...

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Federer is better than Nadal. 15>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6. And Federer beat Nadal at Madrid. Soderling beat Nadal at Paris. :cry:
Plain and simple! Fair and square!

CCNM
08-05-2009, 09:41 AM
So Rafa wants to play Davis Cup as well as the tournaments leading up to and the US Open? If his knees are bothering him as much as he says they are then he's nuts.....

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:46 AM

oh it doesnt hurt me :) while i know he does have them, he shouldnt

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:47 AM
oh it doesnt hurt me :) while i know he does have them, he shouldnt
Im sure the History-books doesnt say "he shouldnt"...and u didnt answer my questions, i can understand why.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Federer is better than Nadal. 15>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6. And Federer beat Nadal at Madrid. Soderling beat Nadal at Paris. :cry: Think about that while you eat you eat your tv dinners.

read my previous post if you want to join the argument. oh and check their ages. how can u say fed is better than nadal when the ratio is almost 2:1 nadal and nadal has more titles than fed at the age of 23?

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Im sure the History-books doesnt say "he shouldnt"...and u didnt answer my questions, i can understand why.

wow you are blind. and what was your question

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:52 AM
wow you are blind. and what was your question
Post 66, i would love to hear your answers to that one.

VivalaVida
08-05-2009, 09:54 AM
read my previous post if you want to join the argument. oh and check their ages. how can u say fed is better than nadal when the ratio is almost 2:1 nadal and nadal has more titles than fed at the age of 23?
Okay but just because Nadal has more GS titles than Fed at the age of 23 doesnt mean he will end up the greater player. We have to wait and see to be sure. If Nadal wins more than 15 than I will give you props.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:54 AM
He was healthy in that match, or else you dont beat Hewitt that easily! His highest level is insane, ill tell you that for sure!!
1 out of 10 times he beats Nadal plain and simple on clay,that one time came at FO this year, Nadal aint superhuman. Have u seen the match?? (be honest) What could he have done?? Soderling made him run like a maniac for 3.5 hours! Tormenting him from side to side

i didnt watch the match live i saw most of it on youtube. many people pointed out that he said "i cant go on the pain is too great" or something along the lines. he doesnt just make that up.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Okay but just because Nadal has more GS titles than Fed at the age of 23 doesnt mean he will end up the greater player. We have to wait and see to be sure. If Nadal wins more than 15 than I will give you props.

fair enough.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:56 AM
i didnt watch the match live i saw most of it on youtube. many people pointed out that he said "i cant go on the pain is too great" or something along the lines. he doesnt just make that up.
omg are u serious!!?? Ok im done talking to u.

jamesblakefan#1
08-05-2009, 09:57 AM

That quote has never been cited in any media source. If he said that, you know the media would have picked up on it. Unless the great posters of TTW have access to microphones that the TV and media people at the match do not...

Point is, he never said, "I cant go on the pain is too great, too much, etc"

yung goon
08-05-2009, 09:58 AM
omg are u serious!!?? Ok im done talking to u.

thank god.....

bolo
08-05-2009, 09:58 AM
thank god.....

lol. 10 char. :)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 09:59 AM
That quote has never been cited in any media source. If he said that, you know the media would have picked up on it. Unless the great posters of TTW have access to microphones that the TV and media people at the match do not...

Point is, he never said, "I cant go on the pain is too great, too much, etc"
Of course he didnt, thats the lamest thing ive heard in a long time...

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 10:00 AM
thank god.....
Yeah you do that man, i understand its hard for you.

Cesc Fabregas
08-05-2009, 10:00 AM
yung goon is a good poster.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 10:01 AM
bottom line is, your ******** if you believe that whats happened to nadal is due to lack of confidence or steroids

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Yes of course he is since u r probably his secret lover or brother or whatever.

VivalaVida
08-05-2009, 10:02 AM
:lol: okay. That is relevant.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah you do that man, i understand its hard for you.

hey.....your done talking to me.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 10:03 AM
bottom line is, your ******** if you believe that whats happened to nadal is due to lack of confidence or steroids
Alright he probably is not doped but we were talking about the FO.
And u r ******** if you think he said "oh i cant go on the pain is to much" during the match vs Soderling in FO. Did u dream that?

namelessone
Better still why don't you explain how with this so-called injury he destroys the first 3 contenders he faced, including annihilating Leyton Hewitt with the bad knees. And then magically, those knees got bad in the 4th round which causes him to lose to Soderling. Can you pin point a place in the match where they suddenly went bad? And those SAME knees which then result him losing an exhibition match a week later to the SAME Hewitt that he just crushed a week earlier with the SAME knees. Explain that ex-lax. The only reasonable explanation? Yes he has had tendonitis, but that didn't stop him from starting is best ever season in 2009. It also didn't stop him from getting to the 4th round of the FO. And they also were NOT the cause of him losing to Soderling or magically missing Wimby. He has aches, like all professional athletes, and he blamed his loss to the guy he hates in Soderling, on his "injury". No doubt they bother him, but they did not cause all of this. Ok? Happy fairy princess?

First of all,what's with all the insults? I am trying to have a discussion,to point out certain things,not to bicker on the freaking internet where any loser can play the tough guy.

Reading your post,I take it you have not seen many Nadal matches on clay this year,have you? He "destroyed" everyone at the RG? LOL at that.Did you see his first round match against the 31 old Daniel where he was being pushed around the court and if the old guy had more confidence he would have taken at least 1 set off Nadal.Gabashvili is a mediocre player and hewitt is a veteran with hip surgery who was playing on his worst surface.Yeah,tough opponents,there.And he also lost an exo on clay before RG to number 109 in the world.But I'm sure his knees were fine.Oh,wait,no they weren't,he himself said the he was playing with pains since Monte Carlo.

Go watch the soderling match again and see how Nadal signals to his uncle that he can't bend properly(in the 3rd set from what I remember).What was that all about? Probably nothing,right?I'm not going to blame knees for his RG exit.Nadal didn't,at least not in so many words.A lot of people here are implying that he did but his only statements were that he played with pain for some time,not that he got beat because of his knees.If he entered,he was fit enough,so there can be no excuses there.That's why he pulled out of Wimbledon.If entering RG with knee pains caused a 4th round exit for Nadal,what would have happened at Wimbly,on a surface where you have to bend more? He made the right call.

LOL again at the hewitt exo argument.Hewitt on clay is OK.Hewitt on grass is a much,much better player.Ask Del Potro.Did you stop to think why Nadal had such a good AO 09'? Because he rested his knees for 2 AND A HALF MONTHS after Paris Masters.And even so,he barely won AO,suffering a lot along the way.At the very first ATP event after AO,Rotterdam,he got injured in the final,this time in the ligament.So while you think it's all rosy and peachy it's not.His stupid scheduling made things worse.His clay season was ok because he won titles but he lacked form.He was nearly beaten twice by a not very confident djokovic who hadn't defended AO and had changed his racket and was beaten by Federer.Also in barca,if I am not mistaken,he went 4-0 in the second set against freaking verdasco of all people.He had some good matches that reminded of his clay form last year(like the soderling one in rome)but few and far between.

Please come back to me with the exact quote where Nadal says that he only lost to Soderling because of his knees.Thank you.

theroleoftheunderdog
for yung goon, life doesn't exist after age of 23

Serendipitous
hey.....your done talking to me.

Young goon is my brother.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Alright he probably is not doped but we were talking about the FO.
And u r ******** if you think he said "oh i cant go on the pain is to much" during the match vs Soderling in FO. Did u dream that?

i never said that happened. i said other people have said that and i believed it. i figured it was legit because dozens of posters said that

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 10:10 AM
i never said that happened. i said other people have said that and i believed it. i figured it was legit because dozens of posters said that
Oh but when i figured it was legit that Nadal had forbidden substances in his body it was NOT legit? Because i heard it from posters? (not dozens,but posters)

yung goon
08-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Oh but when i figured it was legit that Nadal had forbidden substances in his body it was NOT legit? Because i heard it from posters? (not dozens,but posters)

i thought u were done talking to me? and tell me, which one makes alot more sense?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 10:25 AM
i thought u were done talking to me? and tell me, which one makes alot more sense?
Im sure what makes more sense to you, and i am sure what makes more sense to me. Now i am done talking to you. Lets re-connect at the day of the final of Us Open shall we???

VivalaVida
08-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Im sure what makes more sense to you, and i am sure what makes more sense to me. Now i am done talking to you. Lets re-connect at the day of the final of Us Open shall we???
LOL dont be so confident bro. I was before the AO final and my nadal fan buddies bugged me for a while after that. hahaha. They all have STFU'd lately because federer is on a tear. :lol:

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
LOL dont be so confident bro. I was before the AO final and my nadal fan buddies bugged me for a while after that. hahaha. They all have STFU'd lately because federer is on a tear. :lol:
Well, Federer IS THE King of NYC, the crowd loves him and supports him as much as they support the American players, he loves that surface as much as he loves the grass. And Us Open is simply to fast for Nadal.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 10:50 AM
just like the olympics were...

VivalaVida
08-05-2009, 10:52 AM
but olympics are far less demanding than Grand Slams. The matches arent best of 5 sets and you dont have to play as many matches. You have a good point though, I saw Rafa will win US open atleast 1 time in his career.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Yes, ill admit that Nadal had an amazing run at the Olympics he was really on fire, on the other hand i have never seen Fed so down and bad as in the Olympics, id say the Gold medal with Stan saved his career, after that he swept the Us Open,finals of AO, won FO and Wimbledon.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 10:54 AM
but olympics are far less demanding than Grand Slams. The matches arent best of 5 sets and you dont have to play as many matches. You have a good point though, I saw Rafa will win US open atleast 1 time in his career.
Sure, i think Rafa will be the youngest ever to have a career slam no doubt, but he will never ctach Federers 15. And he will not win UsO this year,maybe next year, id say his best chances ever will be next year.

goyeji
08-05-2009, 10:57 AM

You are right, Nadal said exactly that to uncle Toni. That was in the second set, as I recall. Those who deny that fact either didn't watch the match or are simply lying. Without the grave injury, Nadal would have straight-setted Soderling dropping a couple of games at most. Their meeting in Rome was illustrative of how they match up on clay.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:00 AM
You are right, Nadal said exactly that to uncle Toni. That was in the second set, as I recall. Those who deny that fact either didn't watch the match or are simply lying. Without the grave injury, Nadal would have straight-setted Soderling dropping a couple of games at most. Their meeting in Rome was illustrative of how they match up on clay.
Oh come on where did u come from!? Man in the box!? Soderling BLEW Nadal off court there was NOTHING he could have done even if he had friggin wheels under his feet or wings on his shoulders! Can u show me that clip on Youtube plz?

LES
08-05-2009, 11:03 AM
What a great sportsman Nadal is.

What's up with trolling every Nadal thread with doping rumours??

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:04 AM

bam! what now duck?

JennyS
08-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Nadal's knees are such attention hogs. I'm so sick of them! I'd rather hear about his......

VivalaVida
08-05-2009, 11:05 AM
bam! what now duck?
LOL. No he didnt. Bunch of sad fans were watching and put words in his mouth. Why would Rafa even talk to Toni in english anyway..

TheMagicianOfPrecision
Nadal's knees are such attention hogs. I'm so sick of them! I'd rather hear about his......
Oh come on...:)

goyeji
Oh come on where did u come from!? Man in the box!? Soderling BLEW Nadal off court there was NOTHING he could have done even if he had friggin wheels under his feet or wings on his shoulders! Can u show me that clip on Youtube plz?

Oh but the fact is that Nadal DIDN'T have wheels or wings, in fact he didn't even have legs due to injury and unbearable pain. I watched the live broadcast in high-definition, and remember the moment very well. I don't know what kind of junk is floating on youtube these days, but maybe you could do a search and find it.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:06 AM
LOL. No he didnt. Bunch of sad fans were watching and put words in his mouth. Why would Rafa even talk to Toni in english anyway..
Lol, great post

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Oh but the fact is that Nadal DIDN'T have wheels or wings, in fact he didn't even have legs due to injury and unbearable pain. I watched the live broadcast in high-definition, and remember the moment very well. I don't know what kind of junk is floating on youtube these days, but maybe you could do a search and find it.
If what YOU said was true, THAT would be all over the Youtube ill tell u that for sure!

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Unbearable pain??? Are u serious??? He ran for 3,5 hours like a friggin rabbit!

goyeji
08-05-2009, 11:08 AM

He said it in Spanish. This is an English language forum, so translated quotes are the norm here. Some people are grasping at straws here.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:09 AM
He said it in Spanish. This is an English language forum, so translated quotes are the norm here. Some people are grasping at straws here.
I understand that you are talking about yourself.

goyeji
08-05-2009, 11:10 AM
I understand that you are talking about yourself.

In that case you might have some reading comprehension issues.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:10 AM
duck why cant you just admit you were wrong?

goyeji
08-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Unbearable pain??? Are u serious??? He ran for 3,5 hours like a friggin rabbit!

Once again, a healthy Nadal is two levels above Soderling on clay. Nadal in severe pain playing at 25% is on par with Soderling, and the match looks competitive.

jamesblakefan#1
08-05-2009, 11:12 AM
I'll say it again...

If Nadal said "the pain is too much" or something to that affect, don't you think the media would have picked up on it, he would've been asked a/b it in the post match presser by the people who were actually AT THE MATCH, at least some mention of it would have been made in the various reports after the match? But no, not one source has Nadal saying anything to the affect of "I can't the pain is too much" Go back to the match thread, no mention was made of anything of this sort being said. It's just some myth being perpetuated by the keyboard monkeys of TTW.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:12 AM
In that case you might have some reading comprehension issues.
No, as far as i recall my teacher told me they were excellent.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Once again, a healthy Nadal is two levels above Soderling on clay. Nadal in severe pain playing at 25% is on par with Soderling, and the match looks competitive.
Do u realize that a player ranked top 30 in the world in fact CAN beat the world no1 if he has a FANTASTIC day (like Soderling did) and the world no1 isnt on top?? How long have u been following tennis? 3 months?

VivalaVida
08-05-2009, 11:15 AM
No he didnt. He is more of a man than his fans who make excuses for him. You are the one clutching at straws

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:15 AM
duck why cant you just admit you were wrong?
Duck this duck that, who are you? Tupac?

goyeji
08-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Do u realize that a player ranked top 30 in the world in fact CAN beat the world no1 if he has a FANTASTIC day (like Soderling did) and the world no1 isnt on top?? How long have u been following tennis? 3 months?

Of course he can - clearly, he did. While his opponent was limping in severe pain and playing at 25%. Fantastic day, indeed.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Sure, i think Rafa will be the youngest ever to have a career slam no doubt, but he will never ctach Federers 15. And he will not win UsO this year,maybe next year, id say his best chances ever will be next year.

how do you know FOR SURE that he will not get 15? he might not, but you really have no idea. he most certainly has the talent to surpass 15.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Duck this duck that, who are you? Tupac?

you not answering the questions i ask is why your name is duck.

theroleoftheunderdog
08-05-2009, 11:20 AM
how do you know FOR SURE that he will not get 15? he might not, but you really have no idea. he most certainly has the talent to surpass 15.

what is "the talent to surpass 15"?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Of course he can - clearly, he did. While his opponent was limping in severe pain and playing at 25%. Fantastic day, indeed.
Rafael Nadal was limping and playing at 25 %?? Great...you are SO objective

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Common sense.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:23 AM
you not answering the questions i ask is why your name is duck.
Oh wow, you are such a super duper fly guy, cool dude!

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:23 AM
what is "the talent to surpass 15"?

he already has 6 at 23 he has a better h2h against everyone in the top 10 hes proven he can do it its just a matter if his knees wanna hold up

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh wow, you are such a super duper fly guy, cool dude!

why do you even post here

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:25 AM
he already has 6 at 23 he has a better h2h against everyone in the top 10 hes proven he can do it its just a matter if his knees wanna hold up
That is impressive, but take a look at Lleyton Hewitt, Mats Wilander, Boris Becker, YOUNG PEAKS. Yes, Nadal has had better careers than them but it is physically impossible to hold up that level as you get older. And new young-guns will emerge...

jamesblakefan#1
08-05-2009, 11:26 AM

Blake 3
Nadal 2

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:26 AM
why do you even post here
Because i love tennis. Why do u post here?

goyeji
08-05-2009, 11:27 AM
I'll say it again...

If Nadal said "the pain is too much" or something to that affect, don't you think the media would have picked up on it, he would've been asked a/b it in the post match presser by the people who were actually AT THE MATCH, at least some mention of it would have been made in the various reports after the match? But no, not one source has Nadal saying anything to the affect of "I can't the pain is too much" Go back to the match thread, no mention was made of anything of this sort being said. It's just some myth being perpetuated by the keyboard monkeys of TTW.

No he didnt. He is more of a man than his fans who make excuses for him. You are the one clutching at straws

This is some kind of conspiracy theory being peddled on the forums apparently along with the doping fantasies. Denying the fact that Nadal said "I can't, the pain is too much" in Spanish to his uncle in the second set. It's a fact, but apparently an inconvenient truth for some here who don't like facts.

As an exemplary sportsman, Nadal wanted to give full credit to Soderling (even though none was due). That is why he later denied his comment about pain in press interviews.

bruce38
08-05-2009, 11:28 AM
First of all,what's with all the insults? I am trying to have a discussion,to point out certain things,not to bicker on the freaking internet where any loser can play the tough guy.

Reading your post,I take it you have not seen many Nadal matches on clay this year,have you? He "destroyed" everyone at the RG? LOL at that.Did you see his first round match against the 31 old Daniel where he was being pushed around the court and if the old guy had more confidence he would have taken at least 1 set off Nadal.Gabashvili is a mediocre player and hewitt is a veteran with hip surgery who was playing on his worst surface.Yeah,tough opponents,there.And he also lost an exo on clay before RG to number 109 in the world.But I'm sure his knees were fine.Oh,wait,no they weren't,he himself said the he was playing with pains since Monte Carlo.

Go watch the soderling match again and see how Nadal signals to his uncle that he can't bend properly(in the 3rd set from what I remember).What was that all about? Probably nothing,right?I'm not going to blame knees for his RG exit.Nadal didn't,at least not in so many words.A lot of people here are implying that he did but his only statements were that he played with pain for some time,not that he got beat because of his knees.If he entered,he was fit enough,so there can be no excuses there.That's why he pulled out of Wimbledon.If entering RG with knee pains caused a 4th round exit for Nadal,what would have happened at Wimbly,on a surface where you have to bend more? He made the right call.

LOL again at the hewitt exo argument.Hewitt on clay is OK.Hewitt on grass is a much,much better player.Ask Del Potro.Did you stop to think why Nadal had such a good AO 09'? Because he rested his knees for 2 AND A HALF MONTHS after Paris Masters.And even so,he barely won AO,suffering a lot along the way.At the very first ATP event after AO,Rotterdam,he got injured in the final,this time in the ligament.So while you think it's all rosy and peachy it's not.His stupid scheduling made things worse.His clay season was ok because he won titles but he lacked form.He was nearly beaten twice by a not very confident djokovic who hadn't defended AO and had changed his racket and was beaten by Federer.Also in barca,if I am not mistaken,he went 4-0 in the second set against freaking verdasco of all people.He had some good matches that reminded of his clay form last year(like the soderling one in rome)but few and far between.

Please come back to me with the exact quote where Nadal says that he only lost to Soderling because of his knees.Thank you.

By his words he would not enter a slam if he were not 100%. On top of that this is the most rested he will be before the US Open. Since he got to the semi's last year, this pretty much cinches a US Open title for him. Let's just wait and see then, shall we?

(p.s. I'm just really waiting for the next excuse he comes up with).

yung goon
Blake 3
Nadal 2

nadal has won the last 2 meetings and james blake isnt even near the top 10

theroleoftheunderdog
Blake 3
Nadal 2

sorry these wins don't count cuz it was in nadal's "preprime"

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Ladies and gentlemen...well boys and *****, take a look at "a limping Rafael Nadal who played 25% of his ability"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3zZhPMRsI

VivalaVida
08-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Ladies and gentlemen...well boys and *****, take a look at "a limping Rafael Nadal who played 25% of his ability"

Soderling doesnt get enough credit. He was pummeling the ball like crazy.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Because i love tennis. Why do u post here?

talking to you is like talking to a wall

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:32 AM
talking to you is like talking to a wall
Why? Because my answers isnt the ones u wanna hear? Then to bad. I answered ur question, you didnt answer mine. Who is the wall?

OroDeSantoro

I sense some straws being grasped...

TheMagicianOfPrecision
Soderling doesnt get enough credit. He was pummeling the ball like crazy.
Oh nooo he wasnt , because Nadal was LIMPING and played 25% of his capacity.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:34 AM
I sense some straws being grasped...
Yes, as we say in Sweden,the one who mentioned it probably was the one is guilty.

OroDeSantoro
08-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Anyone who watched the match knows that Soderling was on fire... he looked completely unbeatable that day. It reminded me of watching Tsonga at australia in 2008

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Why? Because my answers isnt the ones u wanna hear? Then to bad. I answered ur question, you didnt answer mine. Who is the wall?

because your answers are stupid. you cant get anything through your head. you just come back with the same things or nonsense

jamesblakefan#1
08-05-2009, 11:35 AM
This is some kind of conspiracy theory being peddled on the forums apparently along with the doping fantasies. Denying the fact that Nadal said "I can't, the pain is too much" in Spanish to his uncle in the second set. It's a fact, but apparently an inconvenient truth for some here who don't like facts.

As an exemplary sportsman, Nadal wanted to give full credit to Soderling (even though none was due). That is why he later denied his comment about pain in press interviews.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/pics/large/b_soderlingportrait.jpg

What a yoke. :lol:

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:36 AM
nobody ever said soderling didnt play extremely well. he did. but rafael was not all there

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Anyone who watched the match knows that Soderling was on fire... he looked completely unbeatable that day. It reminded me of watching Tsonga at australia in 2008
You are absolutely right, and the fire kept on burning vs Davydenko in the QF, vs Gonzalez he didnt plays as good as vs Nadal and Davy but still managed to win, and in the final ill give the *********s this one, he did not play very good but as he said himself Federer is the only one he hates playing against cuz he makes his rhytm go away totally.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:40 AM
because your answers are stupid. you cant get anything through your head. you just come back with the same things or nonsense
Because my answers are stupid??? Well buu-huu then , thats to bad. A moment ago you said i WASNTanswering, make up ur mind kid!

OroDeSantoro
08-05-2009, 11:40 AM
nobody ever said soderling didnt play extremely well. he did. but rafael was not all there

I can agree with that, but goyeji is arguing this point to so much of an extreme that I can't even take him somewhat seriously.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:41 AM
You are right, thanx to Soderling, he was blown away. Thats why he "was not all there"

theroleoftheunderdog
08-05-2009, 11:43 AM

ROFL 25% of his ability

theroleoftheunderdog
08-05-2009, 11:44 AM

was he missing a leg?

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:45 AM
You are right, thanx to Soderling, he was blown away. Thats why he "was not all there"

i thought id have to rephrase that since you wouldnt understand. not 100% duck. he got 1 game in 2 sets vs nadal the previous time they met. do you think his gameplan couldve changed and worked that well? you could prob beat nadal on one leg..

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:45 AM
ROFL 25% of his ability
Oh yeah,thats what 1 of the posters said, not "young_goon" though

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:46 AM
i thought id have to rephrase that since you wouldnt understand. not 100% duck. he got 1 game in 2 sets vs nadal the previous time they met. do you think his gameplan couldve changed and worked that well? you could prob beat nadal on one leg..
Yes he did, and in 10/13 games it was deuce, and Magnus Norman (soderlings coach) is a brilliant tactician and they structured up the tactics VERY differently in FO compared to Rom since it obviously didnt work there.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
was he missing a leg?
According to the Nad-**** legend Nadal played the match in a wheelchair.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
haha wow duck. if his strategizing is so good what happened in the fed match

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 11:51 AM
haha wow duck. if his strategizing is so good what happened in the fed match
It didnt work at all since Fed gives Soderling no rhytm whatsoever, against Nadal its a lot easier getting into rhytm since he is not even near Fed when it comes to mixing his game up. Something else u wanna know?

OroDeSantoro
08-05-2009, 11:55 AM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/pics/large/b_soderlingportrait.jpg

... yung goon's new avatar :mrgreen:

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:55 AM
just like nadal gives fed no rhythm at all. and seeing as how soderling and fed are alot alike, nadal wouldve crushed soderling at the french, just like he did at rome if he was healthy.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 11:57 AM
... yung goon's new avatar :mrgreen:

ha good one

jamesblakefan#1
08-05-2009, 11:58 AM
...soderling and fed are alot alike...

Do you WATCH tennis? How are they alike? Federer does things in his game that Soderling could never dream of doing. Fed has 15 slams, Sod has zero.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Do you WATCH tennis? How are they alike? Federer does things in his game that Soderling could never dream of doing. Fed has 15 slams, Sod has zero.

they both hit hard and flat. hard flat serves. soderlings a bit harder. fed has more variety but there are similarities.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Ojojoj, well im glad someone else sees it.

asafi2
08-05-2009, 12:07 PM
they both hit hard and flat. hard flat serves. soderlings a bit harder. fed has more variety but there are similarities.

...Soderling hits flat, and Fed can hit it flat, put crazy spin, put a little spin. Very few pro's hit flat serves...almost all of their first serves have a little spin on them (aside from Karlovic and some other big guys).

Fed has more variety in his forehand than Soderling has in his entire game.

I guess you don't watch tennis.

yung goon
says the guy who thinks nadal is taking steroids

TheMagicianOfPrecision
just like nadal gives fed no rhythm at all. and seeing as how soderling and fed are alot alike, nadal wouldve crushed soderling at the french, just like he did at rome if he was healthy.
Listen you can never compare different styles of play like that, its a matter of who suits you well and who doesnt, Nadal obviously does not suit Federer at all, Blake obviously does not suit Nadal at all.

yung goon
08-05-2009, 12:09 PM
...Soderling hits flat, and Fed can hit it flat, put crazy spin, put a little spin. Very few pro's hit flat serves...almost all of their first serves have a little spin on them (aside from Karlovic and some other big guys).

Fed has more variety in his forehand than Soderling has in his entire game.

I guess you don't watch tennis.

apparently not. i mean i thought i followed it pretty well but you fellas say i dont which obviously means i dont.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 12:09 PM
says the guy who thinks nadal is taking steroids
First of all, why are u running away from current topic? Because you cant come up with anything to say. No, i dont think he is doing roids (sure as hell hope not) but another poster wrote an article that to me felt very suspicious...rumors of course but still. Strange circumstances. And 1st Wimbledon champion ever not even playing the next year

asafi2
08-05-2009, 12:10 PM
then how do u come up with a statement like "soderling and fed are a lot alike"?

andrewbadlose
Soderling is the next top man, he will be number 1 .................. just yoking

yung goon
Listen you can never compare different styles of play like that, its a matter of who suits you well and who doesnt, Nadal obviously does not suit Federer at all, Blake obviously does not suit Nadal at all.

what are fed and soders styles then?

asafi2
08-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Soderling is the next top man, he will be number 1 .................. just yoking

haha i still can't get enough of that word...

yung goon
08-05-2009, 12:12 PM
First of all, why are u running away from current topic? Because you cant come up with anything to say. No, i dont think he is doing roids (sure as hell hope not) but another poster wrote an article that to me felt very suspicious...rumors of course but still. Strange circumstances. And 1st Wimbledon champion ever not even playing the next year

ive already made my point on the topic. you dont wanna hear it so you go back to your points that nadal isnt injured soderling just whooped his *** which isnt the case

yung goon
08-05-2009, 12:14 PM
then how do u come up with a statement like "soderling and fed are a lot alike"?

because they are. they are not the same player obviously but they pose the same problems for nadal

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 12:15 PM
what are fed and soders styles then?
Soderling bombs away,guns blazing or playing like a 15 year old junior, hits very flat, huge serve huge forehand, doesnt feel comfortable slicing the ball, and hates when he has to run forward (on dropshots short angles)
Federer, great serve,varies it a lot, can do pretty much what he wants with it, huge forehand, fairly good volleys, decent backhand that he uses to set up his forehand with,AND, one of the greatest player ever to make your rhytm go away totally! He will hit flat, with spin,slice,hit a dropshot,an angle shot, Soderling feels totally lost against such a player. And Nadal is good at much,but sure as hell not at doing what i just mentioned. He IS fairly one-dimensional.

VivalaVida
08-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Soderling bombs away,guns blazing or playing like a 15 year old junior, hits very flat, huge serve huge forehand, doesnt feel comfortable slicing the ball, and hates when he has to run forward (on dropshots short angles)
Federer, great serve,varies it a lot, can do pretty much what he wants with it, huge forehand, fairly good volleys, decent backhand that he uses to set up his forehand with,AND, one of the greatest player ever to make your rhytm go away totally! He will hit flat, with spin,slice,hit a dropshot,an angle shot, Soderling feels totally lost against such a player. And Nadal is good at much,but sure as hell not at doing what i just mentioned. He IS fairly one-dimensional.
spoken like someone who truly understands and plays the game. Soderling himself said that Federer's game makes you play "bad and uncomfortable"

yung goon
08-05-2009, 12:18 PM
well his one dimensionality obviously works well doesnt it?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 12:19 PM
spoken like someone who truly understands and plays the game. Soderling himself said that Federer's game makes you play "bad and uncomfortable"
Thank you.

jamesblakefan#1
08-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Federer is a better mover, has a more varied FH, BH, and more variety than Soderling. Soderling's success relies purely on his power and power alone, while Fed can beat you w/ his variety of shots, spins, slice BH, chips that force you into the net.

Saying Fed and Sod are alike is like saying Fed and Blake are alike. Fed has more variety in his game, more options than most could ever dream of. If they're so similar, how is Fed 12-0 vs him?

yung goon
Thank you.

it sounds like a fair analysis

TheMagicianOfPrecision
well his one dimensionality obviously works well doesnt it?
As i already wrote, yes it is working of course. That was not even the point...:| Oh well...ok

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Alright then...

yung goon
08-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Federer is a better mover, has a more varied FH, BH, and more variety than Soderling. Soderling's success relies purely on his power and power alone, while Fed can beat you w/ his variety of shots, spins, slice BH, chips that force you into the net.

Saying Fed and Sod are alike is like saying Fed and Blake are alike. Fed has more variety in his game, more options than most could ever dream of. If they're so similar, how is Fed 12-0 vs him?

soderling and fed both play with power. fed more variety(as i posted) soderling more power. hes more wild than federer. but they both hit with good pace and hit lines. soderling played amazing vs nadal at rg and kudos to him. but nadal wasnt playing at his capacity and you guys know that.

OroDeSantoro
08-05-2009, 12:25 PM

...I'm so lost...

jamesblakefan#1
08-05-2009, 12:28 PM
soderling and fed both play with power. fed more variety(as i posted) soderling more power. hes more wild than federer. but they both hit with good pace and hit lines. soderling played amazing vs nadal at rg and kudos to him. but nadal wasnt playing at his capacity and you guys know that.

It still doesn't take from Sod's victory. And doesn't mean you have to make up quotes like "I can't the pain is unbearable" which no media source quotes Nadal as saying. Not one. If mics could pick up on Safina saying "I choke like a chicken" during the women's final, why wouldn't they pick up on Nadal saying "I can't the pain is unbearable" or something to that effect, even if it was in Spanish, people have translators, you know?

yung goon
08-05-2009, 12:29 PM
some guy on here saw it. i didnt make it up pal.

フェデラー
08-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Nadal praises Federer and *******s still aren't happy...sigh.

Im a Fed fan and Im happy as long as he isnt lying.:twisted:

~ZoSo~
08-05-2009, 12:31 PM

And how do you know that? Have you trained with him. You may have seen it once on tv so you know conclusively. Its all just desperate.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 12:33 PM
It still doesn't take from Sod's victory. And doesn't mean you have to make up quotes like "I can't the pain is unbearable" which no media source quotes Nadal as saying. Not one. If mics could pick up on Safina saying "I choke like a chicken" during the women's final, why wouldn't they pick up on Nadal saying "I can't the pain is unbearable" or something to that effect, even if it was in Spanish, people have translators, you know?
Did Safina say that?? Lol:)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 12:34 PM
And how do you know that? Have you trained with him. You may have seen it once on tv so you know conclusively. Its all just desperate.
...and here comes the next one...Noo, but i saw him practice in London and in New York in 2008, and he practiced like there was no tomorrow.

jamesblakefan#1
08-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Did Safina say that?? Lol:)

She said "Why am I such a chicken?"

http://tennis.fanhouse.com/2009/06/06/safina-finishes-french-a-chicken-instead-of-champion/

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-05-2009, 12:40 PM
She said "Why am I such a chicken?"

http://tennis.fanhouse.com/2009/06/06/safina-finishes-french-a-chicken-instead-of-champion/
Thats a legitimate question:)

~ZoSo~
08-05-2009, 01:01 PM

Pretty soon they will be crying during trophy presentations

~ZoSo~
08-05-2009, 01:02 PM
...and here comes the next one...Noo, but i saw him practice in London and in New York in 2008, and he practiced like there was no tomorrow.

The next what? The next drak messenger? Is that what you mean?

フェデラー
08-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I find it physically impossible to be able to say that Federer and Soderling are alike.

Service- Soderling has very poor serving. Its very predictable, his service pattern, and he rarely, if ever, tries to mix it up. Federer has a lot more variety on his serve, he can hit the big shots for aces but also plays great second serves, and at the same time is always mixing it up. So clearly Federer is the superior server, who is in no way similar to Soderling.

Groundstrokes- Now yung goon stated that Federer only smacks the ball like Soderling, but that is probably the biggest lie told in this thread. Federer didn't make his name by smacking balls, he made his name with the shitload of spin he puts on the ball. To say Federer is a basher is just ridiculous. Federer will only smack the ball given the chance, such as weak second serves, inside out forehands, etc. Soderling, especially when playing Nadal and Davydenko, played a very Gonzalez style game, and it worked, until he met Federer where that just fell apart.

clayman2000
08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
I have to say, the fact that rafa wants to play Bankok, Beyjing and Shanghai in 3 weeks B2B2B troubles me. Then again i have a feeling he will drop one of them (hopefully Bankok)

goyeji
08-05-2009, 09:03 PM

Don't worry about these guys, their statements are beyond ridiculous now. The know that Nadal was severely injured which was the only reason the match looked competitive. They are arguing for the sake of arguing, and to make Nadal look bad (just like with the doping nonsense). Nadal could have been playing in a cast, and they would still deny the injury and pain.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Don't worry about these guys, their statements are beyond ridiculous now. The know that Nadal was severely injured which was the only reason the match looked competitive. They are arguing for the sake of arguing, and to make Nadal look bad (just like with the doping nonsense). Nadal could have been playing in a cast, and they would still deny the injury and pain.
Thats so far from the truth it made me laugh, listen to me...Nadal is a fantastic tennisplayer, has achieved incredibly much in a very short period of time, BUT...MAKE NO mistake, you HAVE to give Soderling all the credit in the world for that FO-win, he tormented Nadal from side to side, there was nothing he could do besides running for his life, and he did that a hell of a lot!!:evil: You are disrespecting Soderlings performance BIGTIME! He was on fire!

drakulie
08-06-2009, 05:48 AM

I agree. I've seen him practice a bunch of times down here at the Sony Ericsson Miami. I've never seen anyone practice so intensely as, Nadal. He goes for about two hours, all the time at 100+%, and immediately after, plays his singles match. Next day, he is doing it again, and then after practice plays his doubles match. He does this every day he is in the tournament.

drakulie
08-06-2009, 05:54 AM
I have to say, the fact that rafa wants to play Bankok, Beyjing and Shanghai in 3 weeks B2B2B troubles me. Then again i have a feeling he will drop one of them (hopefully Bankok)

Yeah, and he isn't even 100%. :roll: Of course, these small tournaments are more important than defending his wimbledon crown.

clayman2000
08-06-2009, 06:12 AM
Yeah, and he isn't even 100%. :roll: Of course, these small tournaments are more important than defending his wimbledon crown.

Im not sure what hes doing, but i bet its to try and give himself a chance to end 09 no1. He knows Fed has a lot more to defend then him now, and i bet that by adding some small events with weaker fields (Bankok) he feels he can add some points to try and diminish the effect that missing Queens and Wimby had on his rank

Once again however, im not concerned with the ammount of tourneys he has scheduled, but the time of them. Why not play 1 Asian warmup (Bankok), take a week off, play Shanghai, then take another 2 weeks off and play Valencia. That way, he still gets in 1 250, 1 500 and 1 Masters, yet its spread out over 6 weeks instead of 3.

namelessone
08-06-2009, 06:43 AM
If I were a betting man I would bet Nadal doesn't stick with his original schedule,there are too many HC events and many of them on consecutive weeks.

Nadal has stated that he wants to take it slow,to try to come back with low expectations,play tennis at a competitive level again and see how his knees respond.I was watchin the TVE interview and he said it's very difficult to assess how good or bad his knee is because it feels ok after 2 months but it still bothers him a bit and there is no way to say for sure unless you get out and play a few matches.Last year he took 2 months and a half off (31 oct-20 jan),skipping 2 very important events,TMC and DC final, and came back strong.

Now he took 2 months off,skipping an important event,Queens and a huge one,Wimbledon,so he'll want to come back strong again.Just as in AO,he is not a favourite by any stretch,both in Masters and in USOpen.In AO,he was like the 4th favorite after Murray,Federer,Djokovic and it will be no different in USOpen.

I'll be VERY suprised if he manages to play this tight schedule.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Im not sure what hes doing, but i bet its to try and give himself a chance to end 09 no1. He knows Fed has a lot more to defend then him now, and i bet that by adding some small events with weaker fields (Bankok) he feels he can add some points to try and diminish the effect that missing Queens and Wimby had on his rank

Once again however, im not concerned with the ammount of tourneys he has scheduled, but the time of them. Why not play 1 Asian warmup (Bankok), take a week off, play Shanghai, then take another 2 weeks off and play Valencia. That way, he still gets in 1 250, 1 500 and 1 Masters, yet its spread out over 6 weeks instead of 3.

Feds got a lot more to defend than him now??? You might wanna check that again...U mean Montreal and Cincy?

goyeji
08-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Thats so far from the truth it made me laugh, listen to me...Nadal is a fantastic tennisplayer, has achieved incredibly much in a very short period of time, BUT...MAKE NO mistake, you HAVE to give Soderling all the credit in the world for that FO-win, he tormented Nadal from side to side, there was nothing he could do besides running for his life, and he did that a hell of a lot!!:evil: You are disrespecting Soderlings performance BIGTIME! He was on fire!

Sodeling and Nadal are not in the same league as players. Healthy Nadal on clay is at least two levels above Soderling. Soderling could be on fire and playing out of his mind, and still it is not a competitive match-up. Hey, Soderling was on fire in Rome too.:oops: I am sorry that it is so difficult for you to accept the truth about your countryman.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Sodeling and Nadal are not in the same league as players. Healthy Nadal on clay is at least two levels above Soderling. Soderling could be on fire and playing out of his mind, and still it is not a competitive match-up. Hey, Soderling was on fire in Rome too.:oops: I am sorry that it is so difficult for you to accept the truth about your countryman.
Alright, you and i just need to agree to disagree bigtime, ok?

goyeji
08-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Alright, you and i just need to agree to disagree bigtime, ok?

Yes, that is fine. I think enough good arguments have been presented in this discussion for unbiased observers to understand the obvious truth.

NamRanger
08-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes, that is fine. I think enough good arguments have been presented in this discussion for unbiased observers to understand the obvious truth.

That Nadal had a bad day and Soderling took advantage. Case closed.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanx for bringing it home:)

goyeji
08-06-2009, 11:33 AM

Yes, I suppose suffering from a severe injury causing unbearable pain can be written off as "having a bad day".

jamesblakefan#1
08-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Yes, I suppose suffering from a severe injury causing unbearable pain can be written off as "having a bad day".

Safina played through the clay season and Wimbledon w/ tendinitis. Yet Nadal has tendinitis, and it's "unbearable pain". :roll:

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Safina played through the clay season and Wimbledon w/ tendinitis. Yet Nadal has tendinitis, and it's "unbearable pain". :roll:
Dont bother...we tried to close this case:-?

goyeji
08-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Yes don't bother, the case is closed because the truth is obvious to everyone.

clayman2000
08-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Feds got a lot more to defend than him now??? You might wanna check that again...U mean Montreal and Cincy?

Which both have already dropped from Nadals point total.

So for the rest of the year, Nadal has only 2400 points to defend

Federer has: 3600 points.

Murray has: 3760 points to defend.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Yes don't bother, the case is closed because the truth is obvious to everyone.
Absolutely! Lets leave it there.

goyeji
08-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Absolutely! Lets leave it there.

Yes, I hope you are being honest and won't bring it up again later.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Yes, I hope you are being honest and won't bring it up again later.
Sure, and same goes for u.