PDA

View Full Version : Signum Pro Strings

Yozak
08-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Just wanted to ask,
are poly plasma and plasma pure the same string just in different colors?

stanfordtennis alum
08-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Just wanted to ask,

yes, the plasma pure is the regular poly plasma except in the white color

Bottle Rocket
08-05-2009, 08:06 PM

Yep, but a good friend of mine who uses this stuff found a noticable difference in the playing characteristics of the two. I haven't gotten a chance to hit with the Pur yet, but I believe him... He wants the orange stuff back.

counterpuncher
08-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Slight difference IMO, the pure is a little softer or mushier and the orange is a little crisper. I prefer the pure, unless the frame is very flexible, in which case the original is generally better for me.

Eiffel59
08-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Just wanted to ask,

No they are not...SPPP has either a higher heat treatment AND color additives...SPPP Pure has a new, optimized molecular structure and is without any color additives (i.e. it's not white...that's the original <pure> color of the chemical mix).
Obviously, given the difference, they don't feel, and play, the same way...but the difference is not so great, so it's up to you choose which one...i personally prefer the crispier orange one.

counterpuncher
08-05-2009, 10:05 PM
p.s. Don't forget that there is now also the black version - Hyperion, that is suppose to be the latest generation. This is next on my list to test.

Roberto
08-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I would also recommend to try the Hyperion...a little like SPPP but with more power and a softer feel...not the board-like feel of SPPP.

str33tspirit
08-06-2009, 09:03 AM
I would also recommend to try the Hyperion...a little like SPPP but with more power and a softer feel...not the board-like feel of SPPP.

Is Hyperion much different from Tornado? Or is it the same string without the twisted octagonal shape?

Eiffel59
08-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Is Hyperion much different from Tornado? Or is it the same string without the twisted octagonal shape?

Errrr...it's "heptagonal" ;)
but aside that yes, it's the same string, they share the same composition but not the shape <and obviously twisting>

Yozak
08-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I Thank everyone for answering.
Yeah I was just wandering because the SPPP
(I'm saying the orange one) does not match some rackets. lol

murrmanfan13
08-10-2009, 04:51 PM
yeah that orange color is a little weird. i just got a reel of it and am not sure if i love the color, but does anyone have any hybrid ideas for it?

tenmirage
08-10-2009, 09:37 PM
yeah that orange color is a little weird. i just got a reel of it and am not sure if i love the color, but does anyone have any hybrid ideas for it?

I hybrid it with Prince SG with Duraflex. Its good enough for me. Its on a Head Youtek Speed Pro. I have been using this combo for about 2 months now.

murrmanfan13
08-11-2009, 06:33 AM
I hybrid it with Prince SG with Duraflex. Its good enough for me. Its on a Head Youtek Speed Pro. I have been using this combo for about 2 months now.

thanks, i should probably give that a try, considering i have the Youtek Radical Pro

hagatonic
08-11-2009, 07:19 PM
so is there any string thats play like sppp thats not orange

murrmanfan13
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
sppp pure

10 char

hagatonic
08-11-2009, 07:23 PM
anything else cos thats meant to be different

murrmanfan13
08-12-2009, 06:50 AM