PDA

View Full Version : Stan Wawrinka's girlfriend expecting

effervescence
08-05-2009, 07:25 PM
For anyone who's interested (not that many, I'm guessing):

8.5.2009 - Time off
Rejoicing.

Stanislas Wawrinka is happy to announce that his concubine Ilham Vuilloud is pregnant. The baby is expected for february 2010. (StanWawrinka.com (http://www.stanwawrinka.com/actu.asp?lang=EN))

Sudden influx of pregnanices. Love it!

norbac
08-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Congrats to Stan! :)

I have to say though kinda surprised by this bit of news, Stan's gonna be a young father, huh?

Carsomyr
08-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Uh oh. This might have implications for Switzerland's Davis Cup chances. Nothing can ever click for that team, huh?

Carsomyr
08-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Nevertheless, congrats.

flyinghippos101
08-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Better watch out, either shouldretire or GameSampras might be just around the corner to spoil the party, be it "this doesn't belong in this topic" or "I wish death upon them and their father!!!11\1!!"

jamesblakefan#1
08-05-2009, 07:36 PM
That's another arrogant SOB who cries when they lose, and dont even give their opponents credit and walk around with their nose up in the air and get 15 printed on their clothes before they even win slams LOL. YIKES.. Hopefully they dont run for politics.

Wait.....wrong thread. :shock:

Seriously though, congrats to Stanislas.

Zeppy
08-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Congratulations to Stan Wawrinka.

Does it really say "concubine" on the page?

flyinghippos101
08-05-2009, 07:37 PM
That's another arrogant SOB who cries when they lose, and dont even give their opponents credit and walk around with their nose up in the air and get 15 printed on their clothes before they even win slams LOL. YIKES.. Hopefully they dont run for politics.

Wait.....wrong thread. :shock:

Seriously though, congrats to Stanislas.

Is that a word for word quote of GameSampras? If it is, that's awesome

jamesblakefan#1
08-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Is that a word for word quote of GameSampras? If it is, that's awesome

Yes it is. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3724781&postcount=59

The-Champ
08-05-2009, 07:42 PM
He will probably name it Roger if it's a boy.

Congrats Stan!

Stan the Swiss Pole!

OliverSimon
08-05-2009, 07:42 PM

Indeed it does. Congratz to Stan Wawrinka!!:):)

JeMar
08-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Indeed it does. Congratz to Stan Wawrinka!!:):)

lol, I noticed that too. While the connotation is definitely negative, the one of the denotations of the word is just a woman that lives with a man without being married.

Mansewerz
08-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Congrats Stan. Stan is awesome.

icedevil0289
08-05-2009, 08:11 PM
congrats Stani!

Claudius
08-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Seriously? A concubine??? :confused:

Toxicmilk
08-05-2009, 08:19 PM

Funny images, no?

sh@de
08-05-2009, 08:30 PM
wow, gratz stan :)

Kegzz
08-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Congratulations Stan. :D

himynameisNIKE
08-05-2009, 09:22 PM
thats awesome! congrats to stan !!!

crazylevity
08-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Gee, Stan really looks up to Roger, huh?

Hehe...baby news is always good news. Congrats to Stan; he is the man!

slicefox
08-05-2009, 09:29 PM
he saw that Fed has kids, so how he wants one.

trying to copy the swiss maestro, in whatever way. maybe it will work for his game, who knows, worth a try

Bud
08-05-2009, 11:39 PM

8.5.2009 - Time off
Rejoicing.

Stanislas Wawrinka is happy to announce that his concubine Ilham Vuilloud is pregnant. The baby is expected for february 2010. (StanWawrinka.com (http://www.stanwawrinka.com/actu.asp?lang=EN))

I guess the author doesn't like women much... concubine is a slightly derogatory term...:oops:

I doubt many pregnant, unmarried women... with a steady boyfriend... wish to be called a concubine :-|

Imagine the brouhaha if the press had called Mirka a concubine prior to their 11th hour marriage? :shock:

Sangria Munky
08-06-2009, 12:09 AM
he had pre marital sex! just like federer! what is it with swiss having pre marital sex

Carsomyr
08-06-2009, 12:14 AM
he had pre marital sex! just like federer! what is it with swiss having pre marital sex

Their miraculous entry into the 21st century.

Bud
08-06-2009, 01:22 AM

Their miraculous entry into the 21st century.

:lol::lol::lol:

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-06-2009, 01:27 AM
Congratulations to Stanislas! Swiss tennis future have been taken care of in less than a year:)!

Dutch-Guy
08-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Damn these Swiss people breeding like rabbits:).
Gratz to Stan The Man.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-06-2009, 02:16 AM
Gratz to Stan The Man.
They actually do, they are among top 5 when it comes to producing kids per family:)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-06-2009, 02:16 AM
Gratz to Stan The Man.
They also have a very high standard of living BNP/capita

babbette
08-06-2009, 02:32 AM
why is everyone having sex? It's the demise of our world. :cry:

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-06-2009, 02:39 AM
why is everyone having sex? It's the demise of our world. :cry:
Or else u wouldnt be sitting there.

Marius_Hancu
08-06-2009, 02:56 AM
POOR translation at Stan's site (fire those guys, Stan):

French page:
Stanislas Wawrinka est heureux de vous annoncer que sa compagne Ilham Vuilloud est enceinte. La naissance du bébé est prévue pour le mois de février 2010.

English page:
Stanislas Wawrinka is happy to announce that his concubine Ilham Vuilloud is pregnant. The baby is expected for february 2010.

The proper translation for "compagne" is according to the dictionaries (and myself:-))
(female) companion, partner

sh@de
08-06-2009, 03:30 AM
^ ahh... that explains a lot :D

JankovicFan
08-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Use of the word concubine might have suffered in translation or with English not being the first language. The question is which word is better to describe a woman who lives with a guy and is totally cared for by him. It is more than "shacking up" or girlfriend or "main squeeze" or "are seeing each other" or any of that other nonsense and euphemism that tries to dignify having a sex partner who is not committed to you, legally or otherwise.

Concubine is more common than acknowledged among male tennis players. Nalbandian is another one. It's just something that wealthy playboys do when spending a lot of time away from home. They have a "traveling companion", if you like...snicker, snicker.

tintin
08-06-2009, 04:31 AM
congrats Stan

sureshs
08-06-2009, 07:46 AM

French page:
Stanislas Wawrinka est heureux de vous annoncer que sa compagne Ilham Vuilloud est enceinte. La naissance du bébé est prévue pour le mois de février 2010.

English page:
Stanislas Wawrinka is happy to announce that his concubine Ilham Vuilloud is pregnant. The baby is expected for february 2010.

The proper translation for "compagne" is according to the dictionaries (and myself:-))

I was going nuts fuguring out if the page was real. Thanks for the info.

Seems to be a mischievous translator. Someone who knows "concubine" surely knows that compagne is likely to be companion.

sureshs
08-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Is this also Stepanek's work?

CCNM
08-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Congratualtions Stan Wawrinka.

Bud
08-06-2009, 08:01 AM

French page:

English page:

Companion is a much better term, IMO.

Serendipitous
08-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Congrats Stanny Boy.

Serendipitous
08-06-2009, 08:05 AM
That Stan is a naughty boy, just like Federer.

Naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-06-2009, 08:06 AM
I dont know what you think about Europe but id say that probably 98,9% have pre-marital sex...i dont know if u were joking though? U probably were

Bud
08-06-2009, 08:10 AM

8.5.2009 - Time off
Rejoicing.

It seems Stan has been hitting a lot more than just tennis balls, lately :oops:

Serendipitous
08-06-2009, 08:11 AM
It seems Stan has been hitting a lot more than just tennis balls, lately :oops:

Like I said in my above analysis, he is a very dirty man. :)

niff
02-13-2010, 05:04 AM
Aww, they had a girl :) http://www.24heures.ch/actu/suisse/appelle-alexia-wawrinka-2010-02-13 - Alexia Wawrinka.

Congrats Stan.. :mrgreen:

Ocean Drive
02-13-2010, 05:06 AM
Ha, a girl, poor guy.

antoaneta71
02-13-2010, 05:11 AM
Aww, they had a girl :) http://www.24heures.ch/actu/suisse/appelle-alexia-wawrinka-2010-02-13 - Alexia Wawrinka.

Congrats Stan.. :mrgreen:Congrats to Wawrinka, lovely name for the girl:)

tintin
02-13-2010, 06:05 AM
my cousin's name is Alexia as well:shock::grin:
congrats Mr and Mrs Wawrinka:D
boy what do they drink there;1 handed backhands and 3 daughters:lol:

joeri888
02-13-2010, 06:29 AM

Congrats Stan.. :mrgreen:

The guy's been up all night, and he actually shaved for once?:shock:

Michael Bluth
02-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Mazel Tov Stan!

luvly
02-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Congrats to the Wawrinka family!!!!!

raiden031
02-13-2010, 08:00 AM
God will strike down on this family for having sex out of wed lock. Mortal sinners!

CCNM
02-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Congratulations to the Wawrinkas. Enjoy your new family :)

malakas
02-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Congratulations!!:D heh a girl eh??lol
Well at least he didn't have twins,so he didn't copy Fed on that too.:p

I wish the best to the mother and the new baby and hope they're doing ok and fine.

djokovicgonzalez2010
02-13-2010, 02:09 PM
ancient thread. theyre like married now.

malakas
02-13-2010, 02:15 PM
they got married some months ago but she recently gave birth.

JStar7
02-13-2010, 03:45 PM
No offense to Stan....but................

http://is.blick.ch/img/gen/K/g/HBKgtoSP_Pxgen_r_450x700.jpg

i'd take Mirka over her anyday.....:(

malakas
02-13-2010, 03:48 PM
she's like 10+ years older than Stan and a famous celebrity in Switzerland.

raiden031
02-13-2010, 03:49 PM
No offense to Stan....but................

http://is.blick.ch/img/gen/K/g/HBKgtoSP_Pxgen_r_450x700.jpg

i'd take Mirka over her anyday.....:(

I'd say thin mirka looks better, but right now I'd take Wawrink'a woman.

CCNM
02-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Mrs. Wawrinka is cuter than Mrs. Federer.

TMF
02-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Like I said in my above analysis, he is a very dirty man. :)

What about his girlfriend, was she forced to be dirty?:confused:
They are expecting a baby soon, but I don't think it was planned. The baby was an accident b/c she was careless and irresponsible for her age. The wedding was scheduled simply b/c she was pregnant. Stan is still young but of course it's the right time for her getting marry since she alot older. She's got the better end of the bargain here!

Bhagi Katbamna
02-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Stan, Stan, Stan(shaking head)...you're at an age when you should be hitting a different model in each city that you go to, not marrying an older woman.....

tennisnerd
02-14-2010, 08:35 AM
stan's the man!

Cloudy
02-14-2010, 08:37 AM
What about his girlfriend, was she forced to be dirty?:confused:
They are expecting a baby soon, but I don't think it was planned. The baby was an accident b/c she was careless and irresponsible for her age. The wedding was scheduled simply b/c she was pregnant. Stan is still young but of course it's the right time for her getting marry since she alot older. She's got the better end of the bargain here!

Or maybe they are both happy in their relationship and pleased with the birth of their first child. They've been together for years, some people have kids younger than others. Who is anyone here to judge them.

If Stan wanted to play around I'm sure he wouldn't be in a relationship. How has she forced him exactly?

TMF
02-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Or maybe they are both happy in their relationship and pleased with the birth of their first child. They've been together for years, some people have kids younger than others. Who is anyone here to judge them.

If Stan wanted to play around I'm sure he wouldn't be in a relationship. How has she forced him exactly?

They are together for a long time and for them making out is not an issue since it's normal. What I'm talking about is she could have prevented it if she was careful using contraceptive. The baby is the sole reason they were hurrying to get marry. If she wasn't pregnant, they still be dating, and Stan wouldn't have to force to settle down too early.

malakas
02-14-2010, 08:57 AM
the man is equally responsible using contraception.We don't have to repeat THIS again TMF to show how immature you are.We have been through this.

niff
02-14-2010, 08:59 AM
It's pretty funny how overly cynical people can be, just for the sake of it. Why even comment? Do ultracynics ever get any enjoyment out of life? Seriously :shock:

Cloudy
02-14-2010, 09:01 AM
They are together for a long time and for them making out is not an issue since it's normal. What I'm talking about is she could have prevented it if she was careful using contraceptive. The baby is the sole reason they were hurrying to get marry. If she wasn't pregnant, they still be dating, and Stan wouldn't have to force to settle down too early.

How do you know the baby wasn't planned?

How do you know she was responsible for contraception. Not all women can take the pill?

baby doesn't = marriage

maybe they are both happy.

Unbelievable. :confused:

TMF
02-14-2010, 09:28 AM
the man is equally responsible using contraception.We don't have to repeat THIS again TMF to show how immature you are.We have been through this.

You are a female and I can understand you on her side instead of Stan.

TMF
02-14-2010, 09:33 AM
How do you know the baby wasn't planned?

How do you know she was responsible for contraception. Not all women can take the pill?

baby doesn't = marriage

maybe they are both happy.

Unbelievable. :confused:

You can disagree all you want. Normally, marry comes first, then have a child. The wedding was schedule suddently right after they found out she was pregnant.

Cloudy
02-14-2010, 09:46 AM
I know tons of people where the baby came before the marriage, we aren't living in the 50s, also I would imagine that the timing of the wedding may have had a great deal to do with the off season.

I can see no evidence to imply that they aren't both very happy.

joeri888
02-14-2010, 09:48 AM
You can disagree all you want. Normally, marry comes first, then have a child. The wedding was schedule suddently right after they found out she was pregnant.

I guess you have a pretty small window in your room. Your view of the world seems quite narrow.

malakas
02-14-2010, 10:09 AM
You are a female and I can understand you on her side instead of Stan.

are you aware what THIS is ??? :http://karamcmanus.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/condom2.jpg

Because you are male I strongly suggest you find out soon what this is and don't assume beforehand that the female will take care of it.

It's better to find out now that you're a teenager than before you grow up because with your mind you will end up getting married first time you have sex.

TMF
02-14-2010, 10:29 AM
I guess you have a pretty small window in your room. Your view of the world seems quite narrow.

I know tons of people where the baby came before the marriage, we aren't living in the 50s, also I would imagine that the timing of the wedding may have had a great deal to do with the off season.

I can see no evidence to imply that they aren't both very happy.

So what's the % of couple marry AFTER they have a baby? 1%? 5%? If you dissagree then it's your view to the world is narrow.

You and I don't know about Stan either, but most likely their marriage decision that early had to do with the baby. Your name calling ain't helping your argument, but more of a hopeless attempt.

niff
02-14-2010, 10:45 AM
So what's the % of couple marry AFTER they have a baby? 1%? 5%? If you dissagree then it's your view to the world is narrow.
In Europe? Hardly.

TheMusicLover
02-14-2010, 12:51 PM
In Europe? Hardly.

In a lot of European countries, it's regarded as perfectly normal to have kids before you get married, at least among the more educated 'upper-middle class' part of society. And in some Scandinavian countries, more kids are born outside of marriage than in it!

My own brother married his GF (now wife) when their daughters were already 11 and 9 years old. They thought it a nice idea to have their kids being able to enjoy the marriage party. :)

niff
02-14-2010, 10:14 PM
In a lot of European countries, it's regarded as perfectly normal to have kids before you get married, at least among the more educated 'upper-middle class' part of society. And in some Scandinavian countries, more kids are born outside of marriage than in it!

My own brother married his GF (now wife) when their daughters were already 11 and 9 years old. They thought it a nice idea to have their kids being able to enjoy the marriage party. :)
Yep! I went to my mum and dad's wedding when I was 3 .... that's pretty common here.

Quite a few friends of mine have said they don't think they'll ever want to get married, even. "Pointless ceremony" etc etc. Not something I personally feel, but it's definitely something people think about.

SLD76
02-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Last checked Wawrinka was born in the 1970's, not the 1770's. :-?

raiden031
02-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Last checked Wawrinka was born in the 1970's, not the 1770's. :-?

The same God from the 1770s ruled in the 1970s and still does today...lets all have pity on these Swiss souls who are sinning in the worst kind of way...

TheMusicLover
02-15-2010, 05:24 AM
The same God from the 1770s ruled in the 1970s and still does today...lets all have pity on these Swiss souls who are sinning in the worst kind of way...

LOL. That same 'God' has been pretty nice to both of them so far. ;)

SLD76
02-15-2010, 06:29 AM
ROFL...yes, God sure was punishing Roger from 03-09 while he and Mirka shacked up what with all the majors, titles, ranking at #1, hundreds of millions in earnings. Poor Roger :(

OliverSimon
02-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Congrats to Stan and Ilham!

Virtuous
02-17-2010, 03:03 PM
http://www.20min.ch/diashow/28989/0397-c5c27b45796a899b7d0b98eba0628948.jpg
http://www.20min.ch/diashow/28989/0411-34e613b21fb17cdc1173d723f79c1f8b.jpg
http://www.20min.ch/diashow/28989/0416-b325cd60823ebad8302ab38a32c0bd56.jpg