PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in New Jersey

flequimark
08-06-2009, 04:55 AM
Hello ,

I am new on this board.I registered because I wanted to know Where I can play tennis in New Jersey.I am from Spain and Iīm going there for a month.
I will be living near Reedwood Lake so If anyone knows,please tell me.

Thank you.

LeftiesAreAllRight
08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I live in New Jersey but I never heard of Reedwood Lake, and I could not find it on any searches. Could you possibly mean "Ringwood Lake" or "Greenwood Lake"? I'm not from that area so I couldn't help you, but if you get the town name correct, someone may recognize it and be able to help you. Enjoy your vacation!

stanfordtennis alum
08-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Here you go: http://www.usta.com/finder/findcourt.aspx

Good Luck!

flequimark
08-10-2009, 07:38 AM
I live in New Jersey but I never heard of Reedwood Lake, and I could not find it on any searches. Could you possibly mean "Ringwood Lake" or "Greenwood Lake"? I'm not from that area so I couldn't help you, but if you get the town name correct, someone may recognize it and be able to help you. Enjoy your vacation!

Hey,
I meant Woodcliff Lake!I know there is a few tennis courts 1 mile far, but I donīt know wether that is a tennis club or not.

Thank you and sorry for the wrong information.

tennisnj
08-10-2009, 02:41 PM
I have a close friend who lives in Woodcliff Lake. He actually comes down 12 miles or so to where I live to play on the weekends b/c #1 not enough consistent play there, & #2, although the courts are public, ie NOT a club, with lights, you still need to be a "resident member" with proper town ID & pay a membership fee, as well as a guest fee if need be. The guy who runs the tennis programs there is a moron (for lack of a better term) & he'll set you up on a ladder, but I wouldn't trust it.

Every year in the middle of July they have a Member/Guest doubles tournament that draws anywhere from 8-16 Men's teams & about 4 Mixed Doubles Teams. He & I have won the Men's 4 out of the last 5 years, so there are some guys who play there routinely that we've seen year in & year out.

A suggestion might be to find the local HSs in the area (Woodcliff Lake doesn't have their own HS in town), b/c people are more likely to play where there are no regulations or requirements.

If you'd like further information, flequimark, please email me.

LeftiesAreAllRight
08-11-2009, 11:02 AM
I live in Montvale which is the next town. As TennisNJ says "although the courts are public, ie NOT a club, with lights, you still need to be a "resident member" with proper town ID & pay a membership fee". Montvale also has two sets of courts, but you also need an electronic membership card to unlock the door.

If you get this message in time today, on Tuesday nights from about 6:30 or 7pm to whenever, there is a men's doubles pickup group that plays on public high school courts in Park Ridge next to the high school running track. Park Ridge is also the next town to Woodcliff Lake so you can't be more than 5 minutes away. Probably half of the guys are not from Park Ridge so don't worry about coming down. There is no membership card needed to play in Park Ridge. There are lights but there is a machine that takes quarters to turn the lights on if needed.

I most probably will be there tonight. Just come down and walk on and play. Not sure what level you play at but sometimes we get some good matches and some guys hang out later to hit singles as well.

Just tell everyone that you are visiting from Spain from the month and just hang around and jump into next match! Hope to see you there!

flequimark
08-13-2009, 07:18 AM
I am sorry,but my
english is not so good and I just did not understand a few things...
what does Hs mean?
another thing is that I passed by the courts yesterdar just to see what they looked like and there aren't such a big thing but the best thing is that they have lights.I can tell you that these tennis courts doesn't have an electronic system so I was able even to come into the courts.The two bad things are that the weather isn't very nice and until It doesn't stop raining,there is no tennis.
The second bad thing is that I don't have anyone to play with and I have just bought A pair of Radical Pro which I would like to try out, I don't know what to do, I thought that when the weather got better I would go to the tennis courts and see if There is someone to play who is at my level,which is as you measure it here I think a 4.5 player but I'm not sure of that.

So the question is I don't know If I'll do that or If I will just go to Parkridge which is 1,6 miles away from where I am living.

So I would like to get a bit more info from you about Parkridge and its fees because that is a private club as I heard.
Or just stay in the public courts waitin' for somebody...

Thank you and sorry for my English...:D

flequimark
08-13-2009, 07:18 AM
I am sorry,but my
english is not so good and I just did not understand a few things...
what does Hs mean?
another thing is that I passed by the courts yesterdar just to see what they looked like and there aren't such a big thing but the best thing is that they have lights.I can tell you that these tennis courts doesn't have an electronic system so I was able even to come into the courts.The two bad things are that the weather isn't very nice and until It doesn't stop raining,there is no tennis.
The second bad thing is that I don't have anyone to play with and I have just bought A pair of Radical Pro which I would like to try out, I don't know what to do, I thought that when the weather got better I would go to the tennis courts and see if There is someone to play who is at my level,which is as you measure it here I think a 4.5 player but I'm not sure of that.

So the question is I don't know If I'll do that or If I will just go to Parkridge which is 1,6 miles away from where I am living.

So I would like to get a bit more info from you about Parkridge and its fees because that is a private club as I heard.
Or just stay in the public courts waitin' for somebody...

Thank you and sorry for my English...:D

rommil
08-13-2009, 07:31 AM
HS- high school

flequimark
08-13-2009, 08:21 AM
what is B/c??
another thing to LeftiesAreAllRight's response is whether that doubles concentration will be again other da of the week?? or I have to wait 'til next tuesday??

Looking forward to the info.!

rommil
08-13-2009, 08:23 AM
b/c= because

nadalfan4life
08-13-2009, 08:25 AM
You should go to the theme park with the King Da Ca roller coaster.

LeftiesAreAllRight
08-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Or just stay in the public courts waitin' for somebody...:D

I have not played at the indoor Park Ridge courts in a while so I don't know how much they charge per hour. If you want to pay, possibly they have some contacts looking for hitting partners. Another close indoor location (where you can rent courts by the hour) is Washington Township Tennis (maybe 4 miles away or so.) I believe that they have a wall with cards from people looking for hitting partners. You can also call these places because they may have some type of program where you can come down (possibly Friday nights?) and they will match you up and play. Not sure if they have this in the summer and what level of players show up.

I may be able to help you out and get one or two people to hit with at the outdoor Park Ridge courts either tonight or probably tomorrow night. Drop me an email at homebrew854 @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces) with your name and phone number and we'll try to work something out to meet.

flequimark
08-13-2009, 12:45 PM
When you talk about parkridge do you want to mean the tennis academy in there or are there any other public courts??
And I would like to know the dates of those tennis meetings in order to go to one of them.