PDA

View Full Version : Pro Supex Synthetics Going Dead?

jturpin4
08-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Is it normal for Pro Supex synthetics to go dead in three weeks? I had two of my racquets strung, one with FT Ruff and the other Spiral Flex, and now they both feel really dead. I thought that they would last me the two months that I needed. Guess not. Do synthetics in general go dead this short amount of time? I thought it was only poly's!

jturpin4
08-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Do all synthetics go dead this quickly? I thought I would get a good couple months out of these.

goosala
08-07-2009, 03:34 PM
What tension and racquet do you have them installed in? Usually nylon based strings will stay crisp for at least a couple of weeks if you play two to three times per week. As long as you don't keep them in your car's hot trunk they should be OK.

jturpin4
08-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Dunlop Aerogel 500 Tour's at 57 pounds. They feel dead after 3 weeks. I have played with other multi's and they last atleast 3-4 months performance wise. Could it be the tension or possibly the racquet?

steve s
08-08-2009, 10:12 AM
I like both Spiral Flex and Titan. I get about 20 hours on SF and maybe 10-14 on Titan before they break.

goosala
08-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey Steve, does the Titan play crisp or soft?

jturpin4
08-08-2009, 12:41 PM
I like both Spiral Flex and Titan. I get about 20 hours on SF and maybe 10-14 on Titan before they break.

I am not a string breaker. This strings feel dead after 3 weeks. Is this normal for synthetics to go dead in 3 weeks time if you are around a 3.0 player and play 3 times a week?

Blade0324
08-09-2009, 07:27 AM
I can't speak too much to the FT Rough as I did not care for it when I tried it out, too much string movement. But I use Spiral Flex as the crosses in my hybrid setup and find them to be quite good. However I do find that they go dead a bit quicker than some of the multi's I've used like Babolat Addiction. But at $3 a set for these strings I only hit with them about 2 times and then cut them out and string up a fresh set.

jturpin4
08-09-2009, 09:30 AM
I can't speak too much to the FT Rough as I did not care for it when I tried it out, too much string movement. But I use Spiral Flex as the crosses in my hybrid setup and find them to be quite good. However I do find that they go dead a bit quicker than some of the multi's I've used like Babolat Addiction. But at $3 a set for these strings I only hit with them about 2 times and then cut them out and string up a fresh set.

How long do you think the playability lasts in the Addiction? I will probably go back to multi's since I like long-lasting strings. By playing three times a week, do you think I could get atleast a couple months out of the Addiction?