PDA

View Full Version : Who would they be if they were boxers?

smart_player
08-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Nadal = Ricky Hatton - both all action, give everything both brawlers / grinders.

Pete Sampras = Mike Tyson - direct style who overwhelm their opponent with their sheer power and explosivness

Federer = Sugar Ray Leonard - silky smooth, make the sport look easy / effortless

please add more:)

ksbh
08-06-2009, 08:44 AM
All of them would be like Malleswari. Not quite a boxer but close.

Nadal = Ricky Hatton - both all action, give everything both brawlers / grinders.

Pete Sampras = Mike Tyson - direct style who overwhelm their opponent with their sheer power and explosivness

Federer = Sugar Ray Leonard - silky smooth, make the sport look easy / effortless

please add more:)

~ZoSo~
08-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Fed - oliver mcall

The-Champ
08-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Nadal is that asian guy who beat Ricky Hatton

~ZoSo~
08-06-2009, 08:50 AM

That guy is possibly the worlds best boxer right now

veritech
08-06-2009, 08:55 AM

yeah right. at this point in time, nadal isn't even on the same level as pacquiao.

dragonfire
08-06-2009, 08:57 AM
I payed good money to see manny pacquiao v ricky hatton, and all i get in return was 7 minutes of domination. ^^^obviously manny pacquiao is the best in the world right now.

i would like to see a floyd mayweather v manny pacquiao between the best 2 fighters in the world

Oui, c'est moi.
08-06-2009, 08:58 AM
http://www.rocketshipunderwear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/borg_balls.jpg

Nadal.

~ZoSo~
08-06-2009, 08:58 AM
yeah right. at this point in time, nadal isn't even on the same level as pacquiao.

Being number 2 in the world could suggest otherwise given that its between pac and mayweather who is best

dragonfire
08-06-2009, 09:00 AM
pacman would win. Floyd Mayweather is a good counter puncher, but he's never fought someone as fast as manny. manny by KO

veritech
08-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Being number 2 in the world could suggest otherwise given that its between pac and mayweather who is best

sorry, but when your virtually absent for a good portion of the season and get poor results in the two biggest tournaments of the year, it's pretty easy to claim that you're not the 2nd best in the world.

so currently, nadal is not at the same level as pacqiao.

~ZoSo~
08-06-2009, 09:05 AM
sorry, but when your virtually absent for a good portion of the season and get poor results in the two biggest tournaments of the year, it's pretty easy to claim that you're not the 2nd best in the world.

so currently, nadal is not at the same level as pacqiao.

Is he not no 2 in world then?

~ZoSo~
08-06-2009, 09:06 AM
pacman would win. Floyd Mayweather is a good counter puncher, but he's never fought someone as fast as manny. manny by KO

Is that fight happening?

dragonfire
08-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Is that fight happening?

not yet, mayweather hurt himself in training and is meant to play marquez. Winner takes on pacman.

either way, pacman would win

veritech
08-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Is he not no 2 in world then?

to me he isn't. when federer was playing horrific tennis during the hardcourt season, he didn't strike me as the no. 2 player either.

Is that fight happening?

i don't think there is anything official, but i'm sure it will happen sooner or later. there would be an insane amount of money involved for the players, the teams, venue, etc.

dragonfire
08-06-2009, 09:13 AM
to me he isn't. when federer was playing horrific tennis during the hardcourt season, he didn't strike me as the no. 2 player either.

i don't think there is anything official, but i'm sure it will happen sooner or later. there would be an insane amount of money involved for the players, the teams, venue, etc.

venue would be lv, where the pacman v hatton showdown was held, hopefully it will be a better fight.

FedNad316
08-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Federer = Mohammed Ali

Nadal = Joe Frazier

US Open 2009 = Thriller in manilla

ckledzepplin
08-06-2009, 09:18 AM
nadal:

http://www.dogsindepth.com/working_dog_breeds/images/brindle_boxer_dog_h02.jpg

Federer:

http://img2.allposters.com/images/NPLPOD/1118005.jpg

~ZoSo~
08-06-2009, 09:32 AM
nadal:

http://www.dogsindepth.com/working_dog_breeds/images/brindle_boxer_dog_h02.jpg

Federer:

http://img2.allposters.com/images/NPLPOD/1118005.jpg

Nice username

tennisfan25
08-06-2009, 09:33 AM
how do you start a new thread on this blog? i just joined and am wondering.

tennisfan25
08-06-2009, 09:34 AM
sorry i meant on this dicussion board

tennisfan25
08-06-2009, 09:35 AM
also, did anyone propose yet that jennifer capriati is mike tyson

RoddickAce
08-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Tsonga - Muhammad ali

smart_player
08-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Fed - oliver mcall

hahaha, so true:)

sureshs
08-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Who would they be if they wore boxers?

Sentinel
08-06-2009, 07:52 PM
All of them would be like Malleswari. Not quite a boxer but close.
ROTFL. Dude, which hat do you pull these names out of. You have me cracking up each day. IIRC, Malleshwari was caught doping, I mean who in the Indian weightlifing squad was not, sooner or later.

btw, When will Sunny Gavaskar and Dhanraj Pillay make your posts. Eagerly awaiting.

Joseph L. Barrow
08-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Federer would be Joe Louis- graceful, precise, extremely complete, maintains a frightening calm during competition, has the longest consecutive reign at the top of any champion

Nadal is more like a Rocky Marciano- hardworking, durable, heart of a lion, great endurance, amazing accomplishments with what was criticized as an ugly and "one-dimensional" style, relatively short reign at the highest level

Hewitt could resemble Floyd Patterson- youngest #1 ever in his sport, a relatively small guy, has a solid run at the top, but is eclipsed by some of the sport's greatest ever

Roddick might be George Foreman- astoundingly powerful, but with gaps in his style, makes a meteoric rise to the top only to be dethroned by possibly the greatest ever in the sport, seems perhaps to have largely faded from the picture, but has a second renaissance later on in his career (this was a little bit more of a stretch)

Ivanisevic reminds me of Jersey Joe Walcott- an extremely talented, but sporadic performer, who comes very close to taking the title of his dreams several times, always coming up just short, but gets one last surprise shot at an older age and finally pulls it off