PDA

View Full Version : Who else doesn't want a Federer vs Roddick/Nadal USO Final ?

rfedererfan
08-06-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm a huge fan of Federer and the Federer - Nadal rivalry but i'm getting really sick of the Federer vs Nadal and Federer vs Roddick grand slam finals. There are already 11 of those and this year i want to see something different. Like Djokovic vs Murray or Djokovic vs Nadal.

theroleoftheunderdog
08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
gasquet vs tsonga

norbac
08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I personally want Murray-Djokovic or Murray-Nadal......or Nadal/Safin...

JeMar
08-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Roddick vs. Djokovic would be fun.

But only if Federer pulls out of the tournament, since I don't either want of them to take him out...

koopa_troopa
08-06-2009, 04:51 PM
I want whoever is playing best to make it to the final. Considering the last few federer-Nadal finals (excluding Roland Garros) were 5 set epics, I wouldn't mind that at all. But if I had to choose, I would like to see Murray vs Hewitt. One last final for the Australian and one big opportunity for the Brit.

Commando Tennis Shorts
08-06-2009, 05:15 PM
TV execs probably wouldn't mind. If Roddick, Nadal and Federer all missed the final = huge ratings dip.

But from a fan perspective, it's a tough call. I would definitely love to see some variety in the form of some new people making it to the final, but Federer/Nadal/Roddick finals have usually been really entertaining

Joseph L. Barrow
08-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I feel so utterly saturated in Federer (and have for a long time now) that it would be wondrous to see a Grand Slam final without him in it again. We've seen 16 Federer finals in the last 17 freaking Grand Slams; I don't dislike the man, but I am deeply, deeply tired of him. More than anything, I would love to see Roddick (who richly deserves a second Grand Slam) get a crack at a Slam final in which he doesn't have to play Federer for once.

CountryHillbilly
08-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Roddick vs. Djokovic would be fun.

But only if Federer pulls out of the tournament, since I don't either want of them to take him out...

Second that. :)

If they can get into a brawl again, and Roddick craps on the umpire again and Djokovic chest-thump-taunts the crowd, even better!!!

Serendipitous
08-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Federer vs Nadal

Serpententacle
08-06-2009, 06:42 PM
It would be refreshing to see a new rivalry in tennis that doesn't involve Federer and Nadal... I have a feeling that Del Potro will be poking holes in the grand slam finals and might win one or two next year.

tikkimonkey
08-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Only if Federer wins. Otherwise, go umm... root for the underdog.. SIMON!! :D

clayman2000
08-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Id like to see a Nadal / Roddick final actually. Not just because their my two favs, but because whats at stake. For Nadal its a the career slam achieved at age 23, which would put him in a select group of 5 other men. Also it would boost his quest for no 1, giving him a great shot with the little ammount of pts he has to defend. For Roddick it would be finally getting a 2nd slam, which in 03, most thought would have been won years ago. Also ad on his quest to top quitter Djokovic and 3 set lover Murray

フェデラー
08-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Id like to see a Nadal / Roddick final actually. Not just because their my two favs, but because whats at stake. For Nadal its a the career slam achieved at age 23, which would put him in a select group of 5 other men. Also it would boost his quest for no 1, giving him a great shot with the little ammount of pts he has to defend. For Roddick it would be finally getting a 2nd slam, which in 03, most thought would have been won years ago. Also ad on his quest to top quitter Djokovic and 3 set lover Murray

Though I think you are referring to only the US Open. Nadal is defending the most points out of the top 3 and may lose his no.2 ranking in a weeks time.

Conquistador
08-06-2009, 07:06 PM
I think everyone would want to see Nadal and Federer--but a cool matchup would be Fernando Gonzalez with that big forehand against Roddick and that big serve--Talk about POWER TENNIS

clayman2000
08-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Though I think you are referring to only the US Open. Nadal is defending the most points out of the top 3 and may lose his no.2 ranking in a weeks time.

Wrong.... Nadals Canada and Cincy points have dropped.

Even with his Olympic points Nadal has only like 2400 points to defend till YE.

Federer has like 3600, and Murray has a couple hundred more than Fed

NamRanger
08-06-2009, 07:39 PM
I would like to see Roddick vs Hewitt in the final. Now that would be one heck of a match.

Although Safin making one last ride would also be one hell of a sight too.

Love40
08-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Roddick/Safin

OliverSimon
08-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Dimitrov vs Nishikori

GameSampras
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
nadal/Fed final all the way.. Its the only slam they havent met at.

Who wants to see Fed/Roddick part 2214124314 where Fed either demolishes Roddick or gets the big break in the end to finish him off?

DarthMaul
08-06-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm a huge fan of Federer and the Federer - Nadal rivalry but i'm getting really sick of the Federer vs Nadal and Federer vs Roddick grand slam finals. There are already 11 of those and this year i want to see something different. Like Djokovic vs Murray or Djokovic vs Nadal.

And that's who's fault? If guys like Djoko and Murray cannot make it to the finals, what makes you think that you will see a better final than a Fed vs Nad or Fed vs Rod?

Zeppy
08-06-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't really care who's going to be in the USO final. I just want Roddick to beat Federer at AO and/or Wimbledon final.

But if Roddick beats Federer at this year's USO final, I would consider that as a bonus.

Seany
08-07-2009, 03:12 AM
I know I am delusional, but I am hoping Safin will make a good run in his last slam.

mandy01
08-07-2009, 03:17 AM
I love Marat..How I wish he does well.*sigh*

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 04:03 AM
i wanna see a nadal v roddick match. Out of the three of fed/rod/nad, this is the matchup that hasn't took place. To the OP, name the best 3 slam finals in the last 2 seasons

federer v nadal 2008 wimby
federer v roddick 2009 wimby
federer v nadal AO 09

Gen
08-07-2009, 04:04 AM
Disagree. Nadal vs Verdasco was the best in AO-2009.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Disagree. Nadal vs Verdasco was the best in AO-2009.

no it wasn't

Fedfan1234
08-07-2009, 04:17 AM
Federer vs Hewitt in the Final this time it should be 6-0 6-0 6-0instead of 6-0 7-6 6-0 :D
I think it will be another Federer vs Murray final though.

Gen
08-07-2009, 04:23 AM
no it wasn't

Sure. The 5th set in Nadal-Federer match was just great. Federer collapsed, his serve went for a walk and never came back, his winners-UFE ratio was 0,00000001, still it was the best match of the tourney. Verdasco was on fire like an oilfield flare, played the best tennis in this AO, fought till the very end, still his match was inferior to Federer's. :rolleyes:

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Sure. The 5th set in Nadal-Federer match was just great. Federer collapsed, his serve went for a walk and never came back, his winners-UFE ratio was 0,00000001, still it was the best match of the tourney. Verdasco was on fire like an oilfield flare, played the best tennis in this AO, fought till the very end, still his match was inferior to Federer's. :rolleyes:

alright, i stand corrected

im just saying, that in my opinion, fed/roddick/rafa are the best 3 players, and i would like to see 2 of them in the final. Roddick might not have the best record against either of them but he plays great matches with them.

i doubt verdasco can play like that again, if he could, he would add him to the list

THUNDERVOLLEY
08-07-2009, 04:29 AM
I only want to see the best get to the final; if that means Federer is one of the players--great.

Regarding his potential opponent, for the game's sake, Nadal reaching the final (especially after his FO and missing Wimbledon), would make a quasi-Cinderella story in that he would prove he was not permanently weakened by injury, and that Federer's one, true rival destroyed everyone else on his worst surface.

So, i'm actually hoping for a Federer/Nadal final. Anyone else would be a letdown, since it is almost certain this other opponent (considering most of the field) would not be some potential great on the rise, which would leave us with a replay of the '08 final: Roger Federer Plays Against the Parking Lot Wall.

Bilbo
08-07-2009, 05:02 AM
Ljubicic vs. Roddick

these two HATE each other... Ljubu needs a grand slam before he retires

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 05:07 AM
Ljubicic vs. Roddick

these two HATE each other... Ljubu needs a grand slam before he retires

ljubicic wouldn't even have a chance. He's only serve

slicekick95
08-07-2009, 05:12 AM
Djokovic vs Murray would be sick!

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 05:18 AM
You will not see Nadal in the final...But youll probably get to see Federer vs Murray/Roddick, thats who i put my money on.

CocaCola
08-07-2009, 05:23 AM
Djoker vs Murray would be great!

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 05:46 AM
i wouldn't mind a murray v roddick final. im british and roddick is my favourite so it would be a win,win situation

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 05:55 AM
Murray and Del Potro wouldnt exactly spend christmas together either...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muM-UQc_Tnk

westside
08-07-2009, 05:58 AM
Hewitt v Safin :D

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Murray and Del Potro wouldnt exactly spend christmas together either...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muM-UQc_Tnk

lol, i thought there was gonna be a fight. It's like kids, i see it every day at school - kid curses someone's mum, fight breaks out. I reckon del potro would win cuz tall people can take punches

Terr
I want to see Roddick vs Nadal!

I'd be happy with whatever so long Murray doesn't play the finals. -.-

dragonfire
I want to see Roddick vs Nadal!

I'd be happy with whatever so long Murray doesn't play the finals. -.-

murray gets too much hate

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 06:03 AM
lol, i thought there was gonna be a fight. It's like kids, i see it every day at school - kid curses someone's mum, fight breaks out. I reckon del potro would win cuz tall people can take punches
Yeah, without the referee there could have been some punches flying around:twisted:

Terr
08-07-2009, 06:09 AM
murray gets too much hate

I'm Scottish. I don't know why, I just really don't like that guy. He needs better mentality, I reckon. I want to see him at the top, winning GS and kicking butt. I also want to know why - when he has to skill to do these things - he isn't doing them!

Andy if you're reading this.

Word to yer mother.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Yeah, without the referee there could have been some punches flying around:twisted:

that would be quality. a brawl on a tennis court. seeing as the match was terrible, the fight would have probably been the more entertaining

ksbh
08-07-2009, 08:00 AM
I wouldn't mind a Federer - Nadal final at all the 4 slams, so I really hope the US Open final features them both. Tennis is at it's best with these 2 playing each other :)

jonnythan
08-07-2009, 08:01 AM
I want to see Roddick beat Fed in straight sets.

Shaolin
08-07-2009, 08:05 AM
I want to see Roddick beat Fed in straight sets.

And yet you never will.

jonnythan
08-07-2009, 08:07 AM
And yet you never will.

Hope is what keeps us alive ;)

Bilbo
08-07-2009, 09:12 AM

ljubicic has an awesome one handed backhand, and can really keep the ball in play (although im hesitant to call him a counterpuncher :)). When roddick won his 1 grand slam he had a tough 4 set match against Ljubu in the second round. It went 7-6 in the fourth and was 11-9 in the tiebreak. Plus, Ljubicic has beaten Roddick before, so i wouldnt find it overly surprising.

Ljubu is definently my dark horse hear... he's played some pretty solid tennis since his injury.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 09:14 AM
ljubicic has an awesome one handed backhand, and can really keep the ball in play (although im hesitant to call him a counterpuncher :)). When roddick won his 1 grand slam he had a tough 4 set match against Ljubu in the second round. It went 7-6 in the fourth and was 11-9 in the tiebreak. Plus, Ljubicic has beaten Roddick before, so i wouldnt find it overly surprising.

Ljubu is definently my dark horse hear... he's played some pretty solid tennis since his injury.

it was 9-7 in the tiebreak, and ljubicic is not a good player

Gooner89
08-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Andy Murray please step upto the plate.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Andy Murray please step upto the plate.
Hello yung goon, how r u?

Bilbo
08-07-2009, 11:26 AM
it was 9-7 in the tiebreak, and ljubicic is not a good player
9-7, 11-9, the point is that it was a close 4th set tiebreak that ljubu had a set point in on his serve...

players that were ranked 3 in the world are generally good players... lol...

Players that make 3 masters series finals are good players

Players that have a davis cup record like Ljubicic are good players

now... is ljubicic great? Hell no! But to say he's not a good player is doing him a disservice.

Shaolin
08-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Hope is what keeps us alive ;)

You will live long then:)