PDA

View Full Version : co-poly?

djqsrv
08-06-2009, 04:24 PM
I have read a few posters sugesting the new co-poly's. What are they? How do they differ from a regular poly? What are some examples? What are the benifits and disadvantages of them?
Thanks

MarrratSafin
08-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I have read a few posters sugesting the new co-poly's. What are they? How do they differ from a regular poly? What are some examples? What are the benifits and disadvantages of them?
Thanks

Softer/not as stiff as 1st gen polys and better tension maintenance. Disadvantages? These co-polys provide more power therefore some people may claim superior control with 1st gen polys.. I don't think so though.

RobFL
08-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Not sure about the exact technology but very sure about my experience. Co-poly is supposed to be a little more arm friendly than poly while still having most of the bite/spin. It is true-so its a trade off. Having some success now with Topspin Cyber Blue which is a co-poly. Not as much performance as Lux BB for example, but not as harsh. Worth a try if poly hurts your elbow but you still want to try for the edge poly gives you.

Lakers4Life
08-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Here's a link to help you understand strings and polys.

http://www.stringforum.net/about_strings.php