PDA

View Full Version : I noticed...

kashgotmoney
08-07-2009, 02:40 AM
when some of my friends string their rackets, their crosses go downa nd arent straight. they asked me how to fix it because mine are always straight. what are they doing wrong thats causing it to go down?

THESEXPISTOL
08-07-2009, 03:54 AM
what kind of strings do they use?

Maybe you are using Poly strings and they use Nylon that moves a lot.

IceNineTX
08-07-2009, 05:25 AM
when some of my friends string their rackets, their crosses go downa nd arent straight. they asked me how to fix it because mine are always straight. what are they doing wrong thats causing it to go down?

In one of YULitle's videos he explains this some as a natural tendency of the crosses. I notice it too. When I pull crosses, they tend to "frown". I have to use my finger to push them straight while pulling so that they end up right. I don't really understand it, but it happens.

THESEXPISTOL
08-07-2009, 05:45 AM
In one of YULitle's videos he explains this some as a natural tendency of the crosses. I notice it too. When I pull crosses, they tend to "frown". I have to use my finger to push them straight while pulling so that they end up right. I don't really understand it, but it happens.

I guess that's because you use Nylon Crosses. I use the same racquet you use with a similiar poly/nylon hybrid and happens the same thing.

tennisfreak15347
08-07-2009, 11:15 AM
it's more noticeable on polys, which is why you have to adjust the crosses after every tension pull

Steve Huff
08-07-2009, 01:21 PM
It doesnt matter which string you use, it's going to have a tendency to bend toward the least resistance. Just straighten them after each pull. If you have a constant pull machine, straighten them while it's being pulled. In my opinion, if the strings aren't straight, it's a bad stringjob. If you wait until you finish the racket to straighten them, you aren't getting the same tension as you would have if they had been straight.

Lefty78
08-07-2009, 02:55 PM
If you string one ahead, the tendency is somewhat minimized. It's a good practice, in addition the the above mentioned straightening while pulling.

kashgotmoney
08-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Oh ok thats why mine come out straight and friends dont because when i pull the tension with my crank, on hand pulls the crank and one hand holds the string straight. my friends probably just pull. i will let them kno, thanks