PDA

View Full Version : Roger needs a hardcourt masters!!!

Lotto
08-07-2009, 05:04 AM
Roger hasn't won a hardcourt masters since 2007!!! He doesn't "need" one but I would love to see him win one again.....bring him even closer to Agassi's record of 17...

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 05:08 AM
see, this is exactly why i hate fed fans. They root for a guy who has won more majors than anyone else, and still they are not happy.

Lotto
08-07-2009, 05:09 AM
see, this is exactly why i hate fed fans. They root for a guy who has won more majors than anyone else, and still they are not happy.

You should always strive for more then you've got my friend.

maximo
08-07-2009, 05:10 AM

Yeah, that pretty much says it all.

dropserve
08-07-2009, 05:12 AM
I think Nadal will end his carreer with an over 20 masters titles record.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 05:20 AM
So you are basically saying that the Fed fans are hateable because they want Federer to surpass Agassis 17 ms-titles??:confused:

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 05:21 AM
I think Nadal will end his carreer with an over 20 masters titles record.
I think Nadal will end his career in a wheelchair, im not saying im hoping this, but thats what i think.

Lotto
08-07-2009, 05:22 AM

Well, say Murray and Federers positions were swapped....Murrays 28 tomorrow, 15 grand slam titles etc. etc., Federer is 22 and whatever.......would you stop cheering for Murray or stop wanting him to win more?

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 05:23 AM
federer fans are never relaxed about tennis though, all they think about is winning

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 05:23 AM
Well, say Murray and Federers positions were swapped....Murrays 28 tomorrow, 15 grand slam titles etc. etc., Federer is 22 and whatever.......would you stop cheering for Murray or stop wanting him to win more?
No he wouldnt, hes got double-standards...His sitting at oxford street drinking tea and eating biscuits and cheering for Mooooorray

maximo
08-07-2009, 05:24 AM
So you are basically saying that the Fed fans are hateable because they want Federer to surpass Agassis 17 ms-titles??:confused:

i didn't elaborate quite enough...

Three quarters of Fed fans on these boards are spoilt. Yes, you may disagree with this but it's the truth. I know a few Fed fans on here though who are humble but there are only a couple.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 05:24 AM

Three quarters of Fed fans on these boards are spoilt. Yes, you may disagree with this but it's the truth. I know a few Fed fans on here though who are humble but there are only couple.

they are glory hunters

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 05:25 AM
federer fans are never relaxed about tennis though, all they think about is winning
I hate to tell you this but tennis at this level is ABOUT winning...

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 05:26 AM
they are glory hunters
OR...maybe they actually like him, like how he plays the game, like his personality and attitude.

maximo
08-07-2009, 05:27 AM

You've have failed to understand what i meant.

The fact that you Federer fans create a ton of threads and posts like these is what makes you all spoilt.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 05:28 AM
I hate to tell you this but tennis at this level is ABOUT winning...

or maybe its about watching good matches and enjoying the games , we are fans, not professional players, we don't win, if we did win at tennis, or sports for that matter, we wouldn't be on a forum posting messages

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 05:31 AM

Three quarters of Fed fans on these boards are spoilt. Yes, you may disagree with this but it's the truth. I know a few Fed fans on here though who are humble but there are only a couple.
Well, of course! Its like the Brazilian soccer team, their fans and their country-men expect to win gold every time. why? Because they have done it so many times, and their highest level is unmatchable. Just like Fed.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 05:34 AM
or maybe its about watching good matches and enjoying the games , we are fans, not professional players, we don't win, if we did win at tennis, or sports for that matter, we wouldn't be on a forum posting messages
I disagree, i bet on tennis, im a former pro tennis player, i think my understanding of the game is pretty OK, i know Rogers former coach Peter Lundgren, hes told me so many great things about Roger even though Mirka basically fired him.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 05:35 AM

The fact that you Federer fans create a ton of threads and posts like these is what makes you all spoilt.
If Murray had the kind of succes that Fed have had you would find it difficult not to be.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 05:43 AM
TMOP, where were you ranked in the world can i ask???

and regarding to a post of yours, who would like his personality - he doesn't have one, its cold. who likes his attitude, because, judging from a lot of members here, not a lot of people do

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 05:51 AM

and regarding to a post of yours, who would like his personality - he doesn't have one, its cold. who likes his attitude, because, judging from a lot of members here, not a lot of people do
I was ranked 1100 in singles and 1000 in doubles 5 years ago.
He does have a personality, just because he doesnt act like Johnny Mac or Connors that doesnt mean hes doesnt have a personality, on court he is extremely focused and concentrated...i think it paid off fairly good, why change it? Thats because he is so good, that can bother lots of ppl.

pame
08-07-2009, 05:53 AM

Judging from the members here who have never met him... now judging from the people and the players who actually HAVE met him, different story, as illustrated by his unprecented 5th Edberg Sportsmanship award - voted on by his peers and colleagues... oh did I mention - they have actually MET Federer.

mozzer
08-07-2009, 05:56 AM
2nd place is just 1st loser ;)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Judging from the members here who have never met him... now judging from the people and the players who actually HAVE met him, different story, as illustrated by his unprecented 5th Edberg Sportsmanship award - voted on by his peers and colleagues... oh did I mention - they have actually MET Federer.
Absolutely, that award you have to earn.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 05:57 AM
I was ranked 1100 in singles and 1000 in doubles 5 years ago.
He does have a personality, just because he doesnt act like Johnny Mac or Connors that doesnt mean hes doesnt have a personality, on court he is extremely focused and concentrated...i think it paid off fairly good, why change it? Thats because he is so good, that can bother lots of ppl.

i didn't say i like JMAC or connors, i can't stand them as human beings, pretty goo ranking BTW.

How come you don't play no more???
How old were you at the time when you were 1100???

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 06:01 AM
i didn't say i like JMAC or connors, i can't stand them as human beings, pretty goo ranking BTW.

How come you don't play no more???
How old were you at the time when you were 1100???
Id say that most players these days are somewhat "boring"=concentrated--focused on the court. To much at stake to goof around.
Thank you. It was to expensive travelling around the world chasing points, i had no sponsor and at the Future-level the money is nothing.
I was 23 at that time.

Fedfan1234
08-07-2009, 06:08 AM
and regarding to a post of yours, who would like his personality
How could you possibly judge about his personality? Do you know him?
he doesn't have one, its cold.
It is a really dumb remark, because everybody has personality, why would you be judging it if he wouldn't have one???
You sound really bitter, I would suggest getting some help for that.
who likes his attitude, because, judging from a lot of members here, not a lot of people do
According to his fellow tennis players, everybody likes him. And the crowd is mostly on his side as well. Only die-hard Nadal, Sampras, Djokovic and Murray fans would hate him. And this only because of his succes. It is something called jealousy.

Ossric
08-07-2009, 06:12 AM

I'm not exactly sure what else you'd expect a Federer fan to do other than root for him to win every match he plays.

I've never seen a fan hope that the person/team they root for loses, that would kind of make them.....not a fan.

Originally Posted by maximo

It would appear you've failed to understand what spoiled means. Creating posts hoping your player will win cannot be described as spoiled.

Your biased views, however, can be described as opinion and thus inconclusive.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 06:18 AM
I'm not exactly sure what else you'd expect a Federer fan to do other than root for him to win every match he plays.

I've never seen a fan hope that the person/team they root for loses, that would kind of make them.....not a fan.

It would appear you've failed to understand what spoiled means. Creating posts hoping your player will win cannot be described as spoiled.

i guess not, but if my favourite player loses, i don't switch out and start making up excuses like fed fans do

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 06:22 AM
How could you possibly judge about his personality? Do you know him?

It is a really dumb remark, because everybody has personality, why would you be judging it if he wouldn't have one???
You sound really bitter, I would suggest getting some help for that.

According to his fellow tennis players, everybody likes him. And the crowd is mostly on his side as well. Only die-hard Nadal, Sampras, Djokovic and Murray fans would hate him. And this only because of his succes. It is something called jealousy.

when doing interviews, he seems bored, he speaks in one tone/pitch/frequency only - kind of like terminator.

that is a DUMB remark. HMMMMMMMMMM. So the remark i made couldn't speak. interesting.

im not jealous of federer's glory because he deserves it, i just sick to death of federer fans thinking they won anything important

maximo
08-07-2009, 06:25 AM

It seems to appear that you are naive in saying that endless threads and posts with titles such as 'I want Federer to beat this record' is not spoilt. I'm simply stating the truth, whether you decide to comprehend that is another story.

JeMar
08-07-2009, 06:33 AM
i guess not, but if my favourite player loses, i don't switch out and start making up excuses like fed fans do

Sorry, but you're talking about a very small minority here. In fact, if you look at the fans if every top player, you'll find that they all have fans in this board that do the same thing. Nadal has Nadal Freak, Veroniquem, and many, many others; Djoko has gj011;and Murray has Maximo, who I hope has learned his lesson.

JeMar
08-07-2009, 06:37 AM
It seems to appear that you are naive in saying that endless threads and posts with titles such as 'I want Federer to beat this record' is not spoilt. I'm simply stating the truth, whether you decide to comprehend that is another story.

How is that spoiled? To want the best for someone you like is natural. Do we need time if up your spoiled Wimbledon posts? I took you off ignore because I figured you would come back as a better poster, but I may have been wrong.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Sorry, but you're talking about a vert small minority here. In fact, if you look at the fans if every top player, you'll find that they all have fans in this board that do the same thing. Nadal has Nadal Freak, Veroniquem, and many, many others; Djoko has gj011;and Murray has Maximo, who I hope has learned his lesson.

federer fans are famous for it though. When was the last time you saw a federer fan concede that federer played a good match - but the opponent just played too good. exactly. It doesn't happen.

according to federer fans, if federer loses, its because he has monoglandular fevver

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 06:40 AM
federer fans are famous for it though. When was the last time you saw a federer fan concede that federer played a good match - but the opponent just played too good. exactly. It doesn't happen.

according to federer fans, if federer loses, its because he has monoglandular fevver
Thats not true, but WHEN Federer plays a good match he rarely loses, thats the truth...even though it may sound spoilt. Wimbledon final of 2008 he played great for 3-4 sets, AO final this year he played great for 3-4 sets. In miami and in MC vs Djokevich he played terrible,noone can say anything else.

RoddickAce
08-07-2009, 06:41 AM
The true need is for the ATP to make at least 1 grass court masters tourney.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Thats not true, but WHEN Federer plays a good match he rarely loses, thats the truth...even though it may sound spoilt. Wimbledon final of 2008 he played great for 3-4 sets, AO final this year he played great for 3-4 sets. In miami and in MC vs Djokevich he played terrible,noone can say anything else.

wimbledon 2009 - they guy hit 60 winners and 50 aces and his fans still say that he played a bad match. Maybe you are the exception - and might be the only decent fed fan here, but most fed fans really don't know ****.

JeMar
08-07-2009, 06:46 AM

Federer fans are only famous because there's so many if them. The other fans are just as bad, but they have to tell louder because there's less if them. It hasn't seemed that way lately, because I'll admit the board's been a little overrun with *******s at the moment. Nadal's biggest supporters because they couldn't handle seeing Nadal losing. I don't know if you were ariud last year when Federer was losing often, but very few true Federer fans stuck around for all the retirement talk and other nonsense. Stop thinking that Federer fans are unique in any way, it just shows how biased you are.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Federer fans are only famous because there's so many if them. The other fans are just as bad, but they have to tell louder because there's less if them. It hasn't seemed that way lately, because I'll admit the board's been a little overrun with *******s at the moment. Nadal's biggest supporters because they couldn't handle seeing Nadal losing. I don't know if you were ariud last year when Federer was losing often, but very few true Federer fans stuck around for all the retirement talk and other nonsense. Stop thinking that Federer fans are unique in any way, it just shows how biased you are.

(laughs).......I'm not a nadal fan, and i am not biased in any way. i dont mind fans that stick with fed though the tough times. (not winning 3 majors a year is a horrible year)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 06:57 AM
wimbledon 2009 - they guy hit 60 winners and 50 aces and his fans still say that he played a bad match. Maybe you are the exception - and might be the only decent fed fan here, but most fed fans really don't know ****.
Ok, well he served fantastic in that final, and from the baseline i would say he had an OK day, nothing spectacular but props to Roddick for not giving him anything (except the 2nd set tiebreaker:shock:)

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Ok, well he served fantastic in that final, and from the baseline i would say he had an OK day, nothing spectacular but props to Roddick for not giving him anything (except the 2nd set tiebreaker:shock:)

he played good, its just that players have become better and are giving federer a harder time

JeMar
08-07-2009, 07:16 AM
(laughs).......I'm not a nadal fan, and i am not biased in any way. i dont mind fans that stick with fed though the tough times. (not winning 3 majors a year is a horrible year)

You don't have to be biased toward Nadal, you are just biased against Federer.

This thread and your sophomoric comments on the baby thread kinda prove this.

Ossric
08-07-2009, 07:17 AM

That's a bit of a blanket statement.

I don't think I've ever made an excuse for his losing.

Sometimes he appears to refuse to adjust to his opponent mid match. I think that's changing a bit though.

I think we need to stop lumping everyone into the category of Fed fan or Nadal fan or Murray fan, myself included because I have done it, because each fan is unique in their following of tennis players and shouldn't have comments made by others become part of how they are perceived on these boards.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 07:18 AM
You don't have to be biased toward Nadal, you are just biased against Federer.

This thread and your sophomoric comments on the baby thread kinda prove this.

im not against federer, im against his fans

JeMar
08-07-2009, 07:19 AM
he played good, its just that players have become better and are giving federer a harder time

Really? Would you say that his match against Djokovic in Miami and Rome this year were results of Djokovic being "too good" on that day? Or were they more about Federer not being able to hit a forehand in the court for a couple of hours?

I agree that Roddick had a lot to do with Federer's level at Wimbledon, but to say that he's played great throughout the last year is ignorant.

Ossric
08-07-2009, 07:22 AM

They are not endless. Each record is its own topic. I haven't seen endless threads about them wanting him to win a hardcourt MS. The OP was about him winning 1 hardcourt MS which he hasn't done since 2007 to move -closer-to the record 17 held by Agassi.

You're simply stating your opinion which is not truth or lie, but simply opinion.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 07:23 AM
anyway this is a disgusting thread. will federer die or retire if he doesn't win another hardcourt slam??

JeMar
08-07-2009, 07:26 AM
im not against federer, im against his fans

That's an awful lot of energy to spend on something as inconsequential as a group of people you'll never meet.

If you have such a big problem with them, why not take it up with the ones you actually know. What does it say about you if you have to go on the internet to rant about something as meaningless as this?

Just trying to help you here, buddy.

JeMar
08-07-2009, 07:27 AM
anyway this is a disgusting thread. will federer die or retire if he doesn't win another hardcourt slam??

It seems like you're pretty much the only one that's keeping it going.

Fedfan1234
08-07-2009, 07:47 AM

Federer serving games were mostly good, but Federer should have read Roddicks service games better. Statistics don't tell the whole story, tennis fans should know that. If you play 60 winners in a 5 set match that went to 16 -14 in the final set I would expect a few more winners. In comparison he hit 55 against Roddick in the 2004 final, I looked it up. For the 2009 match it would mean it is a lot less than you would expect, if you compare the amound of games played 45 in the 2004 final and 77 in the 2009 final. Does not seem so great to me. But I think Roddick did well in changing the direction of his serve, he hit like 80% in Federer body making it easy to win the point after the return. Federer however should have picked up on this and changed his game. But he didn't do that and I think he got lucky this time. This doesn't take away that Roddick played well only that Federer could and should have done better.
About being a decent fan fan or not, you don't seem like the type of person that can judge anybody, your only posting nonsense like Federer is gay and he has no personality.

Ossric
08-07-2009, 07:51 AM

Will anyone die if he does?

fedtastic
08-07-2009, 07:53 AM
If Fed lost to anyone in the top 4, it wouldn't be a surprise. They are no slouches. Fed needs to peak at the US Open, this will be a good warm up and not the end of the world if he lost.

TheFifthSet
08-07-2009, 08:18 AM
I don't get you people. I just don't. The OP is simply saying that he would like Federer to win a hardcourt Masters. And from this (one passage, one measly passage) you come to the conclusion that Federer fans are spoilt, that it is never enough for them, that they are glory hunters. From one passage. What a marvelous leap of logic that is! Apparently, expressing the desire for your favourite player to win an event (for those who say he was whining or expressing displeasure, BS, all he said was that he WANTED Federer to win the an HC title, nothing more, I can't imagine how some can infer any more than that) is taboo around here. OK. Nice to know. I'm glad I participate in a forum of logicians and intellectual heavyweights.

Some people on here act like such insufferable prigs. dragonfire, stop taking yourself so seriously and catch your Goddamn breath. Maximo, stop acting like a weenie. Need I remind you that YOU were the one that spent an entire month arrogantly declaring that Andy Murray would win Wimbledon, only to clamp it and act as if nothing happenned once you were put in your place.

http://theinsanityreport.com/images/pot_kettle.jpg

mandy01
08-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Nobody takes Roger's victories for granted here. Saying they would love to see him win something dosent mean they'll be dissapointed in him if he dosent.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 08:44 AM
That's an awful lot of energy to spend on something as inconsequential as a group of people you'll never meet.

If you have such a big problem with them, why not take it up with the ones you actually know. What does it say about you if you have to go on the internet to rant about something as meaningless as this?

Just trying to help you here, buddy.

ok, ok, maybe i was a little hostile and extreme towards federer fans. All my mates are into football and street fighting

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Federer serving games were mostly good, but Federer should have read Roddicks service games better. Statistics don't tell the whole story, tennis fans should know that. If you play 60 winners in a 5 set match that went to 16 -14 in the final set I would expect a few more winners. In comparison he hit 55 against Roddick in the 2004 final, I looked it up. For the 2009 match it would mean it is a lot less than you would expect, if you compare the amound of games played 45 in the 2004 final and 77 in the 2009 final. Does not seem so great to me. But I think Roddick did well in changing the direction of his serve, he hit like 80% in Federer body making it easy to win the point after the return. Federer however should have picked up on this and changed his game. But he didn't do that and I think he got lucky this time. This doesn't take away that Roddick played well only that Federer could and should have done better.
About being a decent fan fan or not, you don't seem like the type of person that can judge anybody, your only posting nonsense like Federer is gay and he has no personality.

you have just proved my point with that chunk of nonsense

Jchurch
08-07-2009, 08:51 AM

I thought the point of being a sports fan was for you to always root for your team or player.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 08:53 AM
I don't get you people. I just don't. The OP is simply saying that he would like Federer to win a hardcourt Masters. And from this (one passage, one measly passage) you come to the conclusion that Federer fans are spoilt, that it is never enough for them, that they are glory hunters. From one passage. What a marvelous leap of logic that is! Apparently, expressing the desire for your favourite player to win an event (for those who say he was whining or expressing displeasure, BS, all he said was that he WANTED Federer to win the an HC title, nothing more, I can't imagine how some can infer any more than that) is taboo around here. OK. Nice to know. I'm glad I participate in a forum of logicians and intellectual heavyweights.

Some people on here act like such insufferable prigs. dragonfire, stop taking yourself so seriously and catch your Goddamn breath. Maximo, stop acting like a weenie. Need I remind you that YOU were the one that spent an entire month arrogantly declaring that Andy Murray would win Wimbledon, only to clamp it and act as if nothing happenned once you were put in your place.

http://theinsanityreport.com/images/pot_kettle.jpg

I'm not taking myself too seriously at all, i'm just saying that federer fans are never happy until federer proves himself yet again. And this is a pointless thread because he doesn't need another masters tournament on hard - he's got more grand slams than anyone else

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 08:54 AM
I thought the point of being a sports fan was for you to always root for your team or player.

but federer fans literally ask federer to win everything, which evidently isn't possible

TheFifthSet
08-07-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm not taking myself too seriously at all, i'm just saying that federer fans are never happy until federer proves himself yet again.

But there is nothing in this thread that should reasonably give you that impression. Simply stating that he/she WOULD LIKE to see Federer win another Masters Series is innocent enough to pass off as harmless by even the most meticulous hawk on this forum.

And this is a pointless thread because he doesn't need another masters tournament on hard - he's got more grand slams than anyone else

Did the OP say that he needed to? You made a big deal out of a simple, straightforward post that is almost impossible to take the wrong way.

"I want to see Funny People."
"You don't NEED to see Funny People." ;)

flyinghippos101
08-07-2009, 09:01 AM
You really shouldn't generalize, you're making casual Fed fans look like piranhas. Unless you've met every single fed fan in the world, then your arguments are baseless.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 09:02 AM
But there is nothing in this thread that should reasonably give you that impression. Simply stating that he/she WOULD LIKE to see Federer win another Masters Series is innocent enough to pass off as harmless by even the most meticulous hawk on this forum.

Did the OP say that he needed to? You made a big deal out of a simple, straightforward post that is almost impossible to take the wrong way.

"I want to see Funny People."
"You don't NEED to see Funny People." ;)

what is the thread called

'roger needs a hardcourt masters'

secondly a fed fan stated the fed needs to win more masters than anyone else, that's what got me rattled

TheFifthSet
08-07-2009, 09:15 AM
what is the thread called

'roger needs a hardcourt masters'

That was clearly hyperbole, which is why the OP corrected himself in the first sentence of his post. Precisely because pretty much nobody on here can detect sarcasm in anything. Apparently, even pointing it out isn't enough. Maybe he should've just posted a neon sign reaffirming it. The material in his post suggested that he/she simply wanted him to win it, nothing more.

secondly a fed fan stated the fed needs to win more masters than anyone else, that's what got me rattled

So you are basically saying that the Fed fans are hateable because they want Federer to surpass Agassis 17 ms-titles??

Also, the OP indicated that he would like to see him pass Agassi's record, not that it was necessary for him to do so. So maybe I'm just clueless.

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 09:21 AM
That was clearly hyperbole, which is why the OP corrected himself in the first sentence of his post. Precisely because pretty much nobody on here can detect sarcasm in anything. Apparently, even pointing it out isn't enough. Maybe he should've just posted a neon sign reaffirming it. The material in his post suggested that he/she simply wanted him to win it, nothing more.

because they want federer to achieve everything which makes them very spoilt

P_Agony
08-07-2009, 09:23 AM

I don't see how is it wrong to cheer for your favorite player. If you had a choice, I'm sure you'd want Murray to win many slams and MS titles, and it'd be natural as you're a Murray fan. Personally I don't care much for the MS titles at the moment and if Fed retires tommorrow I'll be happy with his results, but I would still cheer for him, he's my favorite player after all.

TheFifthSet
08-07-2009, 09:26 AM
because they want federer to achieve everything which makes them very spoilt

And 'round and 'round we go.

So they would like Federer to achieve close to everything that is worth winning. So what? Unless the OP is lamenting about him NOT winning it, I can't detect any spoilt behaviour.

I would like to live a perfect life, with every concievable break going my way. There, I said it. If merely desiring something is a sign of a spoilt person . . . .

dragonfire
08-07-2009, 09:30 AM
And 'round and 'round we go.

So they would like Federer to achieve close to everything that is worth winning. So what? Unless the OP is lamenting about him NOT winning it, I can't detect any spoilt behaviour.

I would like to live a perfect life, with every concievable break going my way. There, I said. If merely desiring something is a sign of a spoilt person . . . .

desiring 1 thing is acceptable, desiring more things is spoilt.

TheFifthSet
08-07-2009, 09:32 AM
desiring 1 thing is acceptable, desiring more things is spoilt.

Now you're just arguing semantics.

That, or you're yanking my chain.

Commando Tennis Shorts
08-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Show me a satisfied man, and I'll show you a fool.

Spider
08-07-2009, 11:04 AM
I get what many of you are arguing about, I mean we normally like our favorites to win just about everything (I do that with Murray). So I guess it's natural for Federer fans to do that as well. However, the only problem I see here is, unlike most tennis players, Fed has achieved so much (and more) that when you talk about such events, you look too demanding as a fan (and that's not good for anyone).

It's just that if you can achieve everything and then fans demand more, that looks bad. However, if you have a player who isn't as successful and then people expect him to win more, that's fine. I know there is double standard to what I am saying here, but I guess thats the way it works.

Commando Tennis Shorts
08-07-2009, 11:57 AM
I get what many of you are arguing about, I mean we normally like our favorites to win just about everything (I do that with Murray). So I guess it's natural for Federer fans to do that as well. However, the only problem I see here is, unlike most tennis players, Fed has achieved so much (and more) that when you talk about such events, you look too demanding as a fan (and that's not good for anyone).

It's just that if you can achieve everything and then fans demand more, that looks bad. However, if you have a player who isn't as successful and then people expect him to win more, that's fine. I know there is double standard to what I am saying here, but I guess thats the way it works.

I agree with you.

And there's no way around it, either. It's not like Federer fans can be like, "Well, Fed's won everything now...What the hell do we do now?" They're not going to pick a new favorite, and they have to stick by their guy

Lotto
08-07-2009, 01:20 PM

Excuse me, you cannot speak for the majority of Federer fans and say that they all do this. I for one, have never ever made an excuse for a Federer loss or even switched sides. I agree, alot of his fans do make excuses etc. but there are a lot of decent fed fans out there. And dont pretend there arent Sampras, Nadal etc. fans out there who dont do the same thing.

How is it spoilt? Explain to me....how??? Its stating a fact that you want your favourite person to win something. It's not being spoilt. Let me ask you this, would you making a thread saying "I want Murray to win the US Open.." be "spoilt". You're ignorance knows no bounds it seems.

P_Agony
08-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Excuse me, you cannot speak for the majority of Federer fans and say that they all do this. I for one, have never ever made an excuse for a Federer loss or even switched sides. I agree, alot of his fans do make excuses etc. but there are a lot of decent fed fans out there. And dont pretend there arent Sampras, Nadal etc. fans out there who dont do the same thing.

How is it spoilt? Explain to me....how??? Its stating a fact that you want your favourite person to win something. It's not being spoilt. Let me ask you this, would you making a thread saying "I want Murray to win the US Open.." be "spoilt". You're ignorance knows no bounds it seems.

It's a shame maximo is giving Murray fans a bad name.

maximo
08-07-2009, 01:36 PM
It's a shame maximo is giving Murray fans a bad name.

HAHAHA

That was the funniest post of the day!

Nice try P_Agony, we all know your a crazy Fednatic.

My opinion is fair, and i'm not the only one it seems.

DarthMaul
08-07-2009, 01:41 PM

When you say Federer, you think tennis perfection. So yes, you are right about that.

Lotto
08-07-2009, 01:42 PM
HAHAHA

Your opinion is Murray biased. Far from fair.

P_Agony
08-07-2009, 01:42 PM
HAHAHA

I wish it was a funny post. Your opinion is not fair, it was made purely for the reason of bashing Federer and his fans. It is natural for fans to cheer for their favorite player and want him to win. Stop being so bitter about that.

maximo
08-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Your opinion is Murray biased. Far from fair.

Your thread is fueled with Federer fanboyism. Far from fair.

I wish it was a funny post. Your opinion is not fair, it was made purely for the reason of bashing Federer and his fans. It is natural for fans to cheer for their favorite player and want him to win. Stop being so bitter about that.

You always want more and more. It's not my fault 15* slams for you guys is still not enough for you to create silly threads. I'm sorry, but if anything your in denial.

Lotto
08-07-2009, 01:51 PM

I'd have to agree with you on that one :oops:

P_Agony
08-07-2009, 01:53 PM

You always want more and more. It's not my fault 15* slams for you guys is still not enough for you to create silly threads. I'm sorry, but if anything your in denial.

Huh? This is not about numbers. Like I said, I'd be perfectly fine if Fed doesn't win another event ever again and retires tommorrow. But as long as he's playing, I'm going to cheer for him and want him to win, what's so wrong about that? Why are you allowed to cheer for Murray and we aren't allowed to cheer for Fed?

FedFan_2009
08-07-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm actually still bitter over the 2 Masters he left on the table back in 2007(Montreal & Madrid). He would already have 17 if he tried a bit harder back in those 2 finals. Somehow any Masters wins from now on just don't have the same appeal.

P_Agony
08-07-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm actually still bitter over the 2 Masters he left on the table back in 2007(Montreal & Madrid). He would already have 17 if he tried a bit harder back in those 2 finals. Somehow any Masters wins from now on just don't have the same appeal.

Come on now, he got outplayed on both events. Believe it or not, Federer CAN play well and still lose. I thought both were good matches and that's what counts.

maximo
08-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Why are you allowed to cheer for Murray and we aren't allowed to cheer for Fed?

Where are you getting this idea from???

A thread like this was needless. That is it.

P_Agony
08-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Where are you getting this idea from???

A thread like this was needless. That is it.

Why? Because a Federer fan wants him to win another hard court MS? Personally I couldn't care less if he wins abother MS or not, but apparently the OP does care, and it's his right.

maximo
08-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Why? Because a Federer fan wants him to win another hard court MS? Personally I couldn't care less if he wins abother MS or not, but apparently the OP does care, and it's his right.

Lotto created a Murray hatred thread not long ago asking if he was bad for the game. That's what i call pathetic.

And look, he's created another dismal thread and expects kind posts.

Remember, an action causes a reaction.

Lotto
08-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Lotto created a Murray hatred thread not long ago asking if he was bad for the game. That's what i call pathetic.

I stated Murray is overrated, its not a hatred thread...and to be completely honest he is overrated.

Secondly, why would I expect "kind" posts from any of you lot?

And I never asked was he bad for the game, honestly, where do you pull this **** from? Actually, I dont want to know that....get your facts right.

And I completely agree with P_Agony, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Federer fans wanting him to win, if you're a fan of someone do you honestly want them to lose??

P_Agony
08-07-2009, 02:18 PM

Openning a Murray (or any other player) hatred thread is wrong, but that has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about at the moment.

If you want to react about somebody's action, you should do it on topic, not in a totally unrelated thread with an unrelated reaction.

Why not creating a thread explaining why Murray is good for the game. In fact, I would love to post in a thread like that, as I think Murray is great. Instead you go and bash other Federer fans for cheering for their player. :-|

maximo
08-07-2009, 02:23 PM
I stated Murray is overrated, its not a hatred thread...and to be completely honest he is overrated.

Secondly, why would I expect "kind" posts from any of you lot?

And I never asked was he bad for the game, honestly, where do you pull this **** from? Actually, I dont want to know that....get your facts right.

Murray is surely overrated after schooling Federer the last 4 matches. :lol:

Openning a Murray (or any other player) hatred thread is wrong, but that has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about at the moment.

If you want to react about somebody's action, you should do it on topic, not in a totally unrelated thread with an unrelated reaction.

Why not creating a thread explaining why Murray is good for the game. In fact, I would love to post in a thread like that, as I think Murray is great. Instead you go and bash other Federer fans for cheering for their player. :-|

These boards are clogged up with Fed fanatic threads, you can't see that but me and others can.

Talking About bashing, you certainly enjoy having a go at Djokovic once in a while. ;)

Lotto
08-07-2009, 02:26 PM

We all make mistakes....we're not all perfect...but Roger is pretty close to it.

P_Agony
08-07-2009, 02:27 PM

These boards are clogged up with Fed fanatic threads, you can't see that but me and others can.

Talking About bashing, you certainly enjoy having a go at Djokovic once in a while. ;)

Please provide examples if you are going to make a claim. It's true I dislike Djokovic, and I don't think he's a good sportsman, but I never bashed him nor have I been disrespectful to his fans, unless I was attacked first.

Once more you don't reply my posts on topic, always trying to find a way out as you know you are wrong. If you feel there are too many Federer threads, open some other threads that are non-Fed related. Otherwise, stop complaining.

maximo
08-07-2009, 02:31 PM
It's true I dislike Djokovic, and I don't think he's a good sportsman, bu

Here is exactly what i don't understand. :(

Federer isn't exactly a good sportsman either, so you are being rather hypocritical. :(

BTW, i do stick up for other players like Nadal and Djokovic. And find it unfair when they are bashed.

P_Agony
08-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Here is exactly what i don't understand. :(

Federer isn't exactly a good sportsman either, so you are being rather hypocritical. :(

That's where I disagree. I think Federer is a fantastic sportsman, the best on tour aong with a few others. So now disagreeing with you is being hypocritical?

maximo
08-07-2009, 02:36 PM
That's where I disagree. I think Federer is a fantastic sportsman, the best on tour aong with a few others. So now disagreeing with you is being hypocritical?

Bare in mind Federer criticizes other pro's tactics after losing, that is bad sportsmanship. And that was just one example. Even you agreed that was bang out of order. :(

So you are kind of being hypocritical. :(

P_Agony
08-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Bare in mind Federer criticizes other pro's tactics after losing, that is bad sportsmanship. And that was just one example. Even you agreed that was bang out of order. :(

I have never claimed Federer was perfect. In fact, I was disappointed by what he said about Jankovic and have stated many times that was uncalled for. But Federer also never retires matches, never takes extra time between serves, never faked injuries, etc.

So, again, disagreeing with you doesn't mean being hypocritical.

FiveO
08-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Roger hasn't won a hardcourt masters since 2007!!! He doesn't "need" one but I would love to see him win one again.....bring him even closer to Agassi's record of 17...

I don't think and hope it is not Fed's priority. He was quoted in 2008 as seeking to pare down his schedule in order to prolong his quest for more Majors. I hope he keeps to that, which I would interpret to mean the Fed would approach the MS events as warm-ups, which for me, from the outside looking in, would be the most prudent approach for Fed at this stage of his life and career.

The rub is that this change of approach carries with it certain questions:

how much play is enough for Fed to peak for those Majors?
how much does his confidence ebb if he takes losses to contenders in those "lesser" events not reaching for 6th gear there?
how much confidence do those challengers gain with wins at those lower tier events?

He's done insanely well navigating his own chosen path in the past so he just may succeed with this newer approach, but if he was speaking honestly and candidly about his planned change in approach, it does constitute a "change".

I'll take Fed at his word on his modified approach. For that reason I don't see him winning many MS events unless he can do that on cruise control rather reaching for 6th gear. The only non Major tour event I would see Fed willing to spend himself physically and psychologically at in the future would be the World Tour Finals.

Lifted
08-08-2009, 07:45 AM

Actually, that was galactico/manny pacquiao P4P king/hate machine who is now posting as dragonfire.

maximo
08-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Actually, that was galactico/manny pacquiao P4P king/hate machine who is now posting as dragonfire.

You know what, i think you're right. He was speaking about Roddick and boxing in another thread. :(

You're always on the ball i see. :D

NamRanger
08-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Come on now, he got outplayed on both events. Believe it or not, Federer CAN play well and still lose. I thought both were good matches and that's what counts.

To be quite honest he played very poor in the Montreal final (compared to his normal standards). He hit something like 25+ UEs off the backhand alone.

BallzofSkill
08-08-2009, 08:29 AM
dragonfire
Find all posts by dragonfire
Find all threads started by dragonfire

members who joined very recently and have an absurd amount of posts per day tend to posts really annoying *****.

dragonfire
08-08-2009, 08:32 AM
You know what, i think you're right. He was speaking about Roddick and boxing in another thread. :(

You're always on the ball i see. :D

what are you talking about????

P_Agony
08-08-2009, 09:20 AM
To be quite honest he played very poor in the Montreal final (compared to his normal standards). He hit something like 25+ UEs off the backhand alone.

Perhaps you are right, but anything from 2007 looks to me like top quality compared to the crap Federer played in 2008 and the early part of the 2009.

ronalditop
08-08-2009, 10:00 AM

Federer has way more fans than murray for a reason...

ronalditop
08-08-2009, 10:03 AM

So youre a murray fan and youre talking about others players being bad sportsmanship :-?

Now that is contradictory.

drwood
08-08-2009, 10:04 AM
I disagree, i bet on tennis, im a former pro tennis player, i think my understanding of the game is pretty OK, i know Rogers former coach Peter Lundgren, hes told me so many great things about Roger even though Mirka basically fired him.

Whoa...why did Mirka fire Lundgren? I didn't know that.

maximo
08-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Federer has way more fans than murray for a reason...

I know that. But Federer has more fans than Nadal, Murray and Djokovic fans put together. :D

maximo
08-08-2009, 10:06 AM
So youre a murray fan and youre talking about others players being bad sportsmanship :-?

Now that is contradictory.

Murray doesn't criticize other pro's tactics during matches, does he? :-?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Whoa...why did Mirka fire Lundgren? I didn't know that.
She didnt fire him, but according to some very reliable sources (including Peter himself) Mirka was semi-involved in it,ONE of the reasons Roger doesnt have a coach is that Mirka thinks it interfierce with their lives.

ronalditop

maybe not, but he sure has some really bad habits on court, like celebrating his opponents UEs for example.

drwood

Murray seems more unpopular than most top players on this board...could some OBJECTIVELY tell me the reason?

He seems like a pretty good guy (sportsmanship after losing 08 US Open final was great) and a player who will win many majors. What am I missing?

drwood
08-08-2009, 10:10 AM
She didnt fire him, but according to some very reliable sources (including Peter himself) Mirka was semi-involved in it,ONE of the reasons Roger doesnt have a coach is that Mirka thinks it interfierce with their lives.

Well, she seems to have made the right decision, since 14 of his 15 slams came afterwards :). Is Mirka considered as nice a person as Fed?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, she seems to have made the right decision, since 14 of his 15 slams came afterwards :). Is Mirka considered as nice a person as Fed?
Probably:twisted:
Depends on who you are asking, according to the Nadal-***** and Samp-***** she is greedy fat and all she does is eat chocolate. If you ask ppl who actually know her, have met her, spoke with her, she goes down as a very humble sweet and down to earth lady.

maximo
08-08-2009, 10:16 AM
He seems like a pretty good guy (sportsmanship after losing 08 US Open final was great) and a player who will win many majors. What am I missing?

When he wins a Slam people's perception of him will change. Not on these boards, but around the world.

All-rounder
08-08-2009, 10:28 AM
When he wins a Slam people's perception of him will change. Not on these boards, but around the world.

You expect too much from Murray

grafselesfan
08-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Murray seems more unpopular than most top players on this board...could some OBJECTIVELY tell me the reason?

It is because he has a 6-2 head to head with Federer, and most of this board are Federer worshippers who cant stand anyone who beats their overrated god.

All-rounder
08-08-2009, 10:30 AM
It is because he has a 6-2 head to head with Federer, and most of this board are Federer worshippers who cant stand anyone who beats their overrated god.
Your negativity is not needed in these threads

grafselesfan
08-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Your negativity is not needed in these threads

Stick a sock in it. The last thing I am going to do is bow down to the Federer police force.

maximo
08-08-2009, 10:37 AM
You expect too much from Murray

Stop trolling. Murray will win a slam eventhough you Fednatic can't bare the thought.

jamesblakefan#1
08-08-2009, 10:39 AM
It's b/c most people can't stand the hype from the Brit-ish media surrounding him, the come on's on the court, the flexing last yr vs Gasquet, some people think he has a boring game,and, honestly, most people here can't stand maximo, and that causes them to hate Murray even more than they already do. The truth hurts sometimes.

VivalaVida
08-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Stick a sock in it. The last thing I am going to do is bow down to the Federer police force.
Absolutely not. Good thing none of us are bowing down to you and your tennis history revisionist pals.

Serendipitous
08-08-2009, 10:41 AM
maximo is the most respected poster, aside from gj011, on the Talk Federer community.

maximo
08-08-2009, 10:43 AM
maximo is the most respected poster, aside from gj011, on the Talk Federer community.

HAHA

I'm not on Federer fans list of good guys! :evil:

maximo
08-08-2009, 10:46 AM
It's b/c most people can't stand the hype from the Brit-ish media surrounding him, the come on's on the court, the flexing last yr vs Gasquet, some people think he has a boring game,and, honestly, most people here can't stand maximo, and that causes them to hate Murray even more than they already do. The truth hurts sometimes.

They can't stand me because i'm one of the only people who critizes Federer. :(

The truth is, Federer fans have to stop bashing other pro's if they don't want their own player attacked.

I didn't mind Federer before his fans on here turned me against him. And of course the things he's done.

Lotto
08-08-2009, 10:48 AM

Did I read that correctly? Maximo and most respected poster in the same sentence :-?

And truth be told I can see Murray only being a one slam wonder to be honest.

Serendipitous
08-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Did I read that correctly? Maximo and most respected poster in the same sentence :-?

Okay :cry::cry::cry:

maximo
08-08-2009, 10:50 AM

I don't have any respect for you after your silly threads. ;)

maximo
08-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Okay :cry::cry::cry:

Don't cry Serendipitous, a few guys are in denial. :evil:

VivalaVida

who knows, Murray has a long road ahead of him. He might be capable of producing better tennis in the future.

Serendipitous
Don't cry Serendipitous, a few guys are in denial. :evil:

I know....:evil::evil:

Claudius
08-08-2009, 10:53 AM

The truth is, Federer fans have to stop bashing other pro's if they don't want their own player attacked.

I didn't mind Federer before his fans on here turned me against him. And of course the things he's done.

Then hate the fans, not Federer himself. Because if it's the fans who annoy you, it's not Federer's fault.

:roll:

drwood
08-08-2009, 10:54 AM

I'd definitely have to disagree here -- Murray will be a threat at at least 3 majors for the next 5-7 years -- he's only 22. He also did better than Nadal at RG this year -- on his worst surface.

maximo
08-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Then hate the fans, not Federer himself. Because if it's the fans who annoy you, it's not Federer's fault.

Did you not read the whole post? :rolleyes:

Claudius
08-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Did you not read the whole post? :rolleyes:

So you're bashing Federer in retaliation because Federer fans are bashing other players. That is quite immature to say the least.

maximo
08-08-2009, 10:58 AM
So you're bashing Federer in retaliation because Federer fans are bashing other players. That is quite immature to say the least.

Wow, you seriously fail.

Try reading the post again though.

Claudius
08-08-2009, 11:02 AM

I don't care if you bash Federer for the things he has done, but if a part of the reason you bash him is because of his annoying fans on here, that's just childish.

maximo
08-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't care if you bash Federer for the things he has done, but if a part of the reason you bash him is because of his annoying fans on here, that's just childish.

Did my quote say i bash him because of his fans? No.

Try harder.

Claudius
08-08-2009, 11:07 AM

Try harder.

Read the bolded sentences. Yes, you have clearly stated that a part of the reason you bash Federer is because his fans have turned you against him!

maximo
08-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Read the bolded sentences. Yes, you have clearly stated that a part of the reason you bash Federer is because his fans have turned you against him!

The fans were apart of it fool. What he says and does about other players in not acceptable. Learn to understand that. :roll:

CountryHillbilly
08-08-2009, 11:10 AM

Well, as I remember, many posters say they dislike Murray and Djokovic because of gj011 and maximo. So is that OK?

Claudius
08-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Well, as I remember, many posters say they dislike Murray and Djokovic because of gj011 and maximo. So is that OK?

Absolutely not. Players shouldn't be hated because of what their fans say.

maximo
08-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Absolutely not. Players shouldn't be hated because of what their fans say.

Where you getting this idea i 'hate' Federer??

I said and reiterate that i don't like what he does.

Hate is what the Fednatics post about Djokovic, Murray and Nadal/

VivalaVida
08-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Where you getting this idea i 'hate' Federer??

I said and reiterate that i don't like what he does.

Hate is what the Fednatics post about Djokovic, Murray and Nadal/
I have seen plently of Nadnatics show unhealthy hatred towards Federer. This is a double edged sword. I am sick of people blaming only Federer fans of displaying this behavior when clearly some Nadal fans and a certain Djokovic fan (gj011) have taken hate to a new level.

maximo
08-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I have seen plently of Nadnatics show unhealthy hatred towards Federer. This is a double edged sword. I am sick of people blaming only Federer fans of displaying this behavior when clearly some Nadal fans and a certain Djokovic fan (gj011) have taken hate to a new level.

Yes, i agree with you.

There were are/were a few Nadal fanatics who were bashing Federer and for some strange reason Murray. Which were for no reason other than looks etc. But the real bad one (King_Grass) was banned.

JeMar
08-08-2009, 11:24 AM

Try harder.

You must be thick in the head. I feel bad for making fun of you know.

maximo
08-08-2009, 11:28 AM
You must be thick in the head. I feel bad for making fun of you know.

They turned me against him to a small extent. But did i say i 'bash' him because of his fans, no. please don't make something out of nothing.

フェデラー
08-08-2009, 11:29 AM
considering all you do is call federer arrogant, you clearly have a huge thing against him.

JeMar
08-08-2009, 11:30 AM
They turned me against him to a small extent. But did i say i 'bash' him because of his fans, no. please don't make something out of nothing.

Then don't say it.

If I go out and say that it's kinda hot outside and someone asks me why I think it's hot, I'm not gonna go "I NEVER SAID IT WAS HOT!"