PDA

View Full Version : Rust shows as Rafael Nadal takes to practice court in Montreal

Marius_Hancu
08-07-2009, 05:50 AM
http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/Nadal+rusty+Montreal+practice/1867591/story.html

Serendipitous
08-07-2009, 05:52 AM
Damn! :evil:

wyutani
08-07-2009, 05:53 AM
dude, have u seen borg when hes a pro during his time? he always played terrible during practice. i mean his hitting partner often complained that borg was hitting the ball "all over the place".

and you know something, thats the same time he won wimbledon.

raiden031
08-07-2009, 06:03 AM
I'm actually surprised that he would struggle to control the ball just when practicing strokes. I always thought that was the most amazing aspect of pros, the fact that they had so much control over the ball when they are hitting cooperatively and not trying to beat each other. I was watching Soderling practice at Legg Mason and watched him hit probably 50 forehands in a row that all landed deep with no effort during a practice session.

I would think with Nadal, the problem would be he'd be a little off during match play due to rust, but not spraying balls during casual practice.

Sartorius
08-07-2009, 06:11 AM
dude, have u seen borg when hes a pro during his time? he always played terrible during practice. i mean his hitting partner often complained that borg was hitting the ball "all over the place".

and you know something, thats the same time he won wimbledon.

Each player has his own thing, Nadal is not Borg... As far as I know, Nadal usually cares quite a bit about his practice sessions and wants them to go well, so this is not a good sign but at the same time it's not unexpected. He can't just push a button and start playing like he used to do after a long break, he needs time. And the jet lag may had an affect as the article said anyway.

I think he'll be in good shape for USO, right now that's what matters.

wyutani
08-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Each player has his own thing, Nadal is not Borg... As far as I know, Nadal usually cares quite a bit about his practice sessions and wants them to go well, so this is not a good sign but at the same time it's not unexpected. He can't just push a button and start playing like he used to do after a long break, he needs time. And the jet lag may had an affect as the article said anyway.

I think he'll be in good shape for USO, right now that's what matters.

honestly, i think nadal shouldnt play. hes no.2 anyway. so he climb back up after a gd rest.

and win the US open.

babbette
08-07-2009, 06:24 AM
honestly, i think nadal shouldnt play. hes no.2 anyway. so he climb back up after a gd rest.

and win the US open.

deep down I think that maybe he shouldn't play aswell. But I don't think he will push himself to the limit. this is more to test where he is at the moment on a competitive level. Better that at least than to just stay at home and continue the recovery exercises.

Jonas
08-07-2009, 06:32 AM
No offense to Nadal fans as I am one myself, but I hope he loses in the first round and stays healthy, so he can get to Mason Ohio early and practice.....
That way I can see him live!!

The_Question
08-07-2009, 06:45 AM
That's too bad. Nadal is a humble and classy player; hence, he doesn't toss racquets around. Wish him best of luck!

mandy01
08-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Its obvious rust will show..He's getting some match-practice which I'm sure he wants before the USO.

drakulie
08-07-2009, 07:21 AM
when is the draw released???

theroleoftheunderdog
08-07-2009, 07:25 AM

i believe at 3pm eastern time today

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Saturday morning local time

theroleoftheunderdog
08-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Saturday morning local time

http://www.rogerscup.com/men/english/currentNews.php?id=RogerFedererMontrealArrival

The official tournament draw will be held today at 3 p.m. today in the Rogers Cup Lounge. Tournament Director Eugène Lapierre will be available to answer questions.

guess the website is wrong

batz
08-07-2009, 07:32 AM

and win the US open.

If Rafa doesn't play then Murray would only need to make semis to take the number 2 slot.

stanfordtennis alum
08-07-2009, 07:34 AM
give him a day or 2 and he'll back in the groove..

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 07:36 AM
http://www.rogerscup.com/men/english/currentNews.php?id=RogerFedererMontrealArrival

The official tournament draw will be held today at 3 p.m. today in the Rogers Cup Lounge. Tournament Director Eugène Lapierre will be available to answer questions.

guess the website is wrong
Oh sorry, then i wasnt informed correct, u r right