PDA

View Full Version : Advice for USRSA/MRT Cert. Test...

Jonny S&V
08-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey all, being a home stringer and going off to college, I will be taking the MRT test in the next few months hopefully. I've looked at the study guide and the only thing I haven't done is build up a grip with a heat shrink wrap, but that shouldn't be too difficult and I'll be getting one with my next order, and learn all the racquet technologies (do you actually have to know the "benefits" or the technologies or just the most recent ones?). How does the test go? Is it easy/hard? I've been stringing for 3 years on the Gamma X-2, going to upgrade to an Alpha Revo 4000 in the next few months here.

So, now that the background is out of the way, any advice for a stringer?

P.S. How long does it take you to work your way up the stringing ladder? In other words, how long before I could work on the ATP tour (obviously in lower level Futures/Challengers)? :grin:

P.S.S How is the written portion?

P.S.S.S. I am actually using a lockout crank, a Gamma that's at least 20 years old, but still works fine.

Jonny S&V
10-24-2009, 09:00 PM
BUMPITY BUMP BUMP BUMP!

Anyone?

zidane339
10-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Jonny, no actual advice here from my end, but just wanted to say best of luck and it's really aspiring that you're trying to become a pro stringer! Def a dream of anyone (including me), but very few actually go for it.

Prehaps you should try in the GSS forum where more pros are? I think you'll def get a response there.

Jonny S&V
10-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Jonny, no actual advice here from my end, but just wanted to say best of luck and it's really aspiring that you're trying to become a pro stringer! Def a dream of anyone (including me), but very few actually go for it.

Prehaps you should try in the GSS forum where more pros are? I think you'll def get a response there.

Alrighty, I have an account on GSS, but I'm more of a lurker there...

dancraig
10-24-2009, 10:21 PM
P.S. How long does it take you to work your way up the stringing ladder? In other words, how long before I could work on the ATP tour

I got a very nice message, just the other day, from Mr. Liam Nolan. He is the director of the UKRSA and a former head of the Wimbeldon stringing team. He told me to let him know of anyone interested in some tournament stringing around Wimbeldon time.
Maybe you will be there stringing soon!