PDA

View Full Version : Montreal draw - LIVE

sp00q
08-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Murray, Roddick, Tsonga on Federer's half.

Djokovic, Del Potro on Nadal's half.

http://www.rogerscup.com/men/english/faq_en.htm

FedFan_2009
08-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Good draw. Federer will have to beat his 3-setter nemesis in the semis to to win this event.

batz
08-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Good draw. Federer will have to beat his 3-setter nemesis in the semis to to win this event.

For the first time outside a final.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 12:36 PM

Nadals half looks a lot easier

FedFan_2009
08-07-2009, 12:36 PM
For the first time outside a final.

True. I wonder if Roger loses to Murray again, will people start chattering about the legitimacy of slams #14 and #15?

FedFan_2009
08-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Nadals half looks a lot easier

Having to go through DelPo and Djokovic is easier? What are you smokin' dude? Most likely rusty ****** will be taken out by DelPo in the QFs.

norbac
08-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Tough draw for Fed....

FedFan_2009
08-07-2009, 12:39 PM
So Fed would have to beat Roddick & Murray to get to the final.

Nadal will have to beat DelPo and Djokovic to meet him there.

norbac
Having to go through DelPo and Djokovic is easier? What are you smokin' dude? Most likely rusty ****** will be taken out by DelPo in the QFs.

Djokovic hasn't been at his best for quite a while now. Fed's draw looks tougher than Rafa's.

FedFan_2009
Tough draw for Fed....

Pretty much a tough draw for anyone by the QF stage, loaded with great hardcourters like Haas, Tsonga, Verdasco, Gonzo...

clayman2000
08-07-2009, 12:40 PM
How about the player reps Gilles Simon and Frank Dancevic drawing eachother 1st round.... Frank could pull an upset

batz
True. I wonder if Roger loses to Murray again, will people start chattering about the legitimacy of slams #14 and #15?

Very stupid people might, but there's not a lot you can do about that.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
Mostly cuban cigars, and you? Since i think Murray is a lot better than Djokovic, i stand by with what i said.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Djokovic hasn't been at his best for quite a while now. Fed's draw looks tougher than Rafa's.
Absolutely.

norbac
08-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Pretty much a tough draw for anyone by the QF stage, loaded with great hardcourters like Haas, Tsonga, Verdasco, Gonzo...

Yes, HC tennis is very competitive right now.

TennisPassion5
08-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Any other links? It doesn't seem to work for me.

drakulie
08-07-2009, 12:47 PM
<<yawn>>. when is the first match??

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Any other links? It doesn't seem to work for me.
me neither:(

Lotto
08-07-2009, 12:55 PM
What a perfect way this would be for Roger to silence his critics.......defeats Roddick in Quarters, Murray in Semis and Djokovic in the final.....that would be some way to quieten the critics.....all he needs then is to beat Rafa in the final of the US Open and the critics will definitely have nothing to say.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-07-2009, 12:56 PM
What a perfect way this would be for Roger to silence his critics.......defeats Roddick in Quarters, Murray in Semis and Djokovic in the final.....that would be some way to quieten the critics.....all he needs then is to beat Rafa in the final of the US Open and the critics will definitely have nothing to say.
Yeah, god i hope u r right...

flyinghippos101
08-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Hoping for Dancevic to pull an upset folks, it could happen

P_Agony
08-07-2009, 12:59 PM

Federer has trouble against Murray in 3-setters on HCs. He lost to him 4 times in a row. I'm a Federer fan, but it's clear Murray has his number nowdays, at least outside of the slams.

I hope if they do meet Federer at least keeps a consistent level of play and not lose focus in the 2nd set.

clayman2000
08-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Also, i believe Roddick is not in Federer's quarter of the draw... when looking at the sheet, he was much lower down, maybe either in Murray's or Djokovics section

iriraz
08-07-2009, 01:15 PM
It will be interesting how this tourney will be.A couple of surprises are expected considering that most top players didn`t play for a month and are a bit rusty coming in

Sartorius
08-07-2009, 01:17 PM
It will be interesting how this tourney will be.A couple of surprises are expected considering that most top players didn`t play for a month and are a bit rusty coming in

Agreed, good chance for lower ranked players.

fed_is_GOD
08-07-2009, 01:19 PM

u really think so???Think again... he has accomplished so much and still his critics find some way or the other to devalue his achievements..even if a player sneezes during the match, and federer wins they say fed won because the opponent was CLEARLY not 100%... that is the irony of it...:-?

Tony48
08-07-2009, 01:21 PM
u really think so???Think again... he has accomplished so much and still his critics find some way or the other to devalue his achievements..even if a player sneezes during the match, and federer wins they say fed won because the opponent was CLEARLY not 100%... that is the irony of it...:-?

This is one the most hypocritical statement that I have ever read. Federer fans do NOTHING but make excuses when Federer loses.

I'm not even going to point out the most glaring example.

batz
08-07-2009, 01:22 PM
OP was incorrect. ARod is in Rafa's half/Novak's quarter. Roger has JWT in QFs, Murray in semis. Murray has Davydenko in QFs.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/421/mds.pdf

fed_is_GOD
08-07-2009, 01:25 PM
This is one the most hypocritical statement that I have ever read. Federer fans do NOTHING but make excuses when Federer loses.

I'm not even going to point out the most glaring example.

I never make excuses if he loses..if he loses he loses.period. but i just dont like the way his wins are devalued citing all the silly reasons in the world..i was just pointing that out.. do u mind??

Sartorius
08-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Uh, Nadal can face Ferrer in 2nd round. And probably Querrey in the 3rd. Not good for him.

Murray's section seems quite loaded.

clayman2000
08-07-2009, 01:31 PM
All i can say is that we are going to see some High Quality matches early.

1st Round: Safin- Monfils, Simon - Dancevic, Gonzalez - Berdych, Haas - Karlovic, Lopez - Verdasco, Soderling - Kohl.

3rd Round: Roddick - Verdasco, Cilic - Djokovic, Davydenko - Gonzales

All i can say is that Roddick has as good a shot as it gets to winning another Masters. Verdasco is in a slump and is Djoker. Nadal is not in top form. While most of the tours hot players are in the top half: Federer, Murray, Gonzo, Haas, Davydenko.

Nadal has a decent draw to go far. Niether Ferrer or Troicki have the weapons to blow him off the court, and while Ferrer is annoying, hes not playing well enough. Nadal lucked by drawing Robredo, and will more likely play Querrey. And considering Roddick broke Querrey 3 times, Nadal should easily be able to better that

clayman2000
08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Uh, Nadal can face Ferrer in 2nd round. And probably Querrey in the 3rd. Not good for him.

Murray's section seems quite loaded.

Nadal has won his last 3 matches against Ferrer, and while Querrey has always challenged Rafa a bit, he has never beat him... It looks bad on paper, but really Nadal should be concerned with Del Potro

Sartorius
08-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Nadal has a decent draw to go far. Niether Ferrer or Troicki have the weapons to blow him off the court, and while Ferrer is annoying, hes not playing well enough. Nadal lucked by drawing Robredo, and will more likely play Querrey. And considering Roddick broke Querrey 3 times, Nadal should easily be able to better that

I would say facing Ferrer as a 1st match after a long break isn't that good, nor Querrey as a next opponent.

But sure, he can go and beat them both easily, but I doubt it.

norbac
08-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Damn, Murray has a lot of potentially difficult opponents in his quarter.

Roddick seems to have a pretty favorable draw.

Ferrer could pose problems for Rafa if Nadal's not 100%.

batz
08-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Check out Novak's draw:

R1 bye
R2 winner of wildcard v wildcard
R3 winner of qualifier/qualifier v cillic/youzhny

cknobman
08-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Check out Novak's draw:

R1 bye

Yeah kinda sad its almost a guarantee it will be Cillic.

I think its a good draw and well balanced when it comes to where the top 10 are placed.

I think Murray and Fed have the toughest quarters out of everyone but once at the quarters it seems to be pretty even.

Great potential matchups. Arod vs. Djoker, Delpo vs. Nadal (both Arod and Delpo have great chances of upsetting).

bolo
08-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I will say that nadal has a high chance of losing to ferrer but not troicki. I will be rooting for troicki to win that match :).

bolo
08-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I would say facing Ferrer as a 1st match after a long break isn't that good, nor Querrey as a next opponent.

But sure, he can go and beat them both easily, but I doubt it.

I agree he's done if he faces ferrer. If nadal can't flatten out his forehand, ferrer showed in the 07 open that he can run around it quite easily and take some good cuts with his own fearhand.

tintin
08-07-2009, 02:10 PM
rigged draw for Nadal,as usual:roll::roll::roll::roll:

slicekick95
08-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Check out Novak's draw:

R1 bye

Novak probably has the toughest third round of the top 6.

Feds got Stepanek.
Del Potro has an injured Soderling
Roddick has an out of form Verdasco
Nadal has Querrey
Murrays got Monfils

I guess if Soderlings injury isnt that serious, Nole has the second hardest third round. And hes got the hardest QF of the top 4.

slicekick95
08-07-2009, 02:17 PM
All i can say is that we are going to see some High Quality matches early.

1st Round: Safin- Monfils, Simon - Dancevic, Gonzalez - Berdych, Haas - Karlovic, Lopez - Verdasco, Soderling - Kohl.

3rd Round: Roddick - Verdasco, Cilic - Djokovic, Davydenko - Gonzales

All i can say is that Roddick has as good a shot as it gets to winning another Masters. Verdasco is in a slump and is Djoker. Nadal is not in top form. While most of the tours hot players are in the top half: Federer, Murray, Gonzo, Haas, Davydenko.

And Haas-Gonzalez and Hewitt-Safin in the second round. It sucks that ESPN isnt broadcasting til quarters. Hopefully there will be streams.

clayman2000
08-07-2009, 02:19 PM
And Haas-Gonzalez and Hewitt-Safin in the second round. It sucks that ESPN isnt broadcasting til quarters. Hopefully there will be streams.

Of course, Canada is known for its upsets, as the top players havent played in a month. So its really unlikely that all of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray make the SF

norbac
08-07-2009, 02:51 PM
TTC will cover the matches on Tuesday and Wednesday from 1 pm to 9 pm.

mikro112
08-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Uhm. What? :confused:

Roddick is in Nadal's half.

Federer's half is way easier, according to the "names".

CountryHillbilly
08-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Why did this thread get pushed down?

1) Fed's got it easy. Only Tsonga in his way until Murray in the semis.

2) Djokovic got Roddick in the QFs (although he can also lose to Andreev/Cilic/Verdasco).

3) Nadal has quite a few obstacles (Ferrer, Robredo, SOderling/DelPo). Want make it very far unfortunately.

4) Murray is the favorite for this one.

dragonfire
08-08-2009, 02:34 AM
going for arod here, he is able to beat djokovic and is full of confidence

CountryHillbilly
08-08-2009, 02:48 AM
going for arod here, he is able to beat djokovic and is full of confidence

Djokovic is the least of his problems at this moment IMO. Murray and Fed are more serious. He has a great chance of making it to the finals though, since bad Djokovic and injured Nadal are in his half.

maximo
08-08-2009, 02:51 AM
C'est genial!!

Murray va gangne!

dragonfire
08-08-2009, 03:19 AM
Djokovic is the least of his problems at this moment IMO. Murray and Fed are more serious. He has a great chance of making it to the finals though, since bad Djokovic and injured Nadal are in his half.

i think that roddick won't be fearing murray much from now on, he's beat him in the biggest match they have played, i still think there is a mental block against federer though, maybe wimbledon has changed his mind set

batz
08-08-2009, 03:51 AM
i think that roddick won't be fearing murray much from now on, he's beat him in the biggest match they have played, i still think there is a mental block against federer though, maybe wimbledon has changed his mind set

I'm not sure ARod ever feared Murray to be honest. I also don't think the Wimbledon result will have much of a bearing on their next match. ARod was brilliant that day, but that's the thing - he probably needs to bring his A+ game to court to beat Murray, and nobody turns up with their best game every time.

maximo
08-08-2009, 03:58 AM

You think Roddick can beat Murray on HC??

Not after what happened in Doha.

Clydey2times
08-08-2009, 04:03 AM
I'm not sure ARod ever feared Murray to be honest. I also don't think the Wimbledon result will have much of a bearing on their next match. ARod was brilliant that day, but that's the thing - he probably needs to bring his A+ game to court to beat Murray, and nobody turns up with their best game every time.

To use a cliche, it takes two players for Roddick to beat Murray. Firstly, Roddick has to play a blinder. Secondly, he has to hope Murray doesn't play his best tennis.

It only takes one player for Murray to win. If they both bring their A game, Murray wins.

shadows
08-08-2009, 04:10 AM
Poor Haas,

a likely path of Karlovic / Gonzo / Davydenko is about as painful a first 3 rounds as he could have ever got. A big serving monster, a big hitting monster, and a man who is on a big winning streak and apparently playing fabulous tennis ><

Tsonga should reach the 1/4s, I really hope he does! Could be a fun match with Fed there.

dragonfire
08-08-2009, 04:15 AM
You think Roddick can beat Murray on HC??

Not after what happened in Doha.

i think roddick plays his best stuff on hard. he has beaten murray on hard in the past and doha isn't really a good indication as roddick is playing much better. If Doha was a good indication, Murray would have done much better down under.

he attacked to much against murray, coming in on disgusting approaches. Now, he has found the right balance and comes in on good approaches and can volley decently now.

deltox
08-08-2009, 09:31 AM

im not trying to be a hater but i see sam querrey giving rafa nadal a HUGE FIT and might even possibly beat him. sams forehands are penetrating the court great this year.

rafan
08-08-2009, 10:07 AM

My computer won't let me access the draw - any solutions?

himynameisNIKE
08-08-2009, 10:10 AM
delete 10 char

jamesblakefan#1
08-08-2009, 10:19 AM
My computer won't let me access the draw - any solutions?

The PDF wouldn't load on my computer either.:?

Here's a link to the draw from another source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Rogers_Masters_-_Singles

rafan
08-08-2009, 11:49 AM

Thanks very much I can only do it by downloading something called Firefox!

weallwegot
08-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Roddick is on Nadal's side...

~ZoSo~
08-08-2009, 12:45 PM

Try opening acrobat 1st, then click the link