PDA

View Full Version : can't think of his name

Andy G
08-07-2009, 02:33 PM
I've been trying to remember the name of a certain tennis player. I remember reading a column about how he would be the hands down greatest player ever. I think he was Indian. Pakistani maybe. The article said how he completely overwhelmed all players, but never got to play pro because of some other reasons. I've been trying to Google all kinds of different searches, but can't find anything. Anyone know who I might be talking about?

ford oliver
08-07-2009, 03:01 PM
This guy used to own Jimmy Connors in practice at UCLA:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haroon_Rahim

dirtballer
08-07-2009, 03:04 PM
There was an East German player in the 70s who was barred from playing in the West due to the travel restrictions which existed behind the Iron Curtain at that time. I can't remember his name. He beat Bjorn Borg in an exhibition and Martina Navratilova used to rave about his ability. Nobody remembers him because he wasn't allowed to leave the Eastern Bloc to play. If I recall his name, I'll post it.

Lifted
08-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I've been trying to remember the name of a certain tennis player. I remember reading a column about how he would be the hands down greatest player ever. I think he was Indian. Pakistani maybe. The article said how he completely overwhelmed all players, but never got to play pro because of some other reasons. I've been trying to Google all kinds of different searches, but can't find anything. Anyone know who I might be talking about?

Mansour Bahrami? He's not Indian or Pakistani, but Iranian. What era was this?