PDA

View Full Version : Post grad year to help tennis

brayman9
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
I am just a junior in high school and was just curious if anyone does a post grad year to help there tennis more then academics? Also, if you were boarding somewhere for your post grad year it doesn't seem like it would be easy to intensely train, because you have limitations with being a boarding student, maybe im wrong thats why im asking you guys. Thanks

duusoo
08-07-2009, 05:38 PM
This is a great question, with actually no clear answer. Many do it, and the academics aren't really a limitation. All major academies have a program that supports this. The bigger question is where your tennis is at, and where your academics are at? Another thing to consider would be a top Jr. College program, I suggest Tyler J.C. in Texas, no one care argue with the high quality tennis program there, and academics are first rate.

brayman9
08-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks for your information, but im actually not interested in doing a PG but i have a friend who is thinking about it.

goran_ace
08-17-2009, 08:22 AM
I've never heard of anyone doing that for tennis. I think the better plan would be for him to talk to college coaches about the possiblity of redshirting his first year and graduating from college in 5 years.